View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1273 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2737731173122312631271127212731274127512831323 ... LastLast
Results 19,081 to 19,095 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    They're Brass.

Please explain what you found wrong about it.
    u don't have muskles. u weak like womon

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    martial arts that come from shaolin temple

are you a crack baby or do you suffer from fetal alcohol syndrome as a child
    Are you talking about the martial arts that came from shaolin before the temples destruction? Or the martial arts of the modern day temple taught by the Chinese government?

all feces comes from food.
    While Bawang's answer here isn't exactly diplomatic, it's true.

Shorinji comes from Shaolin, but it's not Kung Fu
    Okinawan Karate comes from Kung Fu, but it's not Kung Fu

SD is SD. It's some sort of b@stard child from Kun Tao and Kung Fu. Even though it (possibly, maybe, but who knows) has roots in Kung Fu or Shaolin, it is not Kung Fu or Shaolin.
    Last edited by Kymus; 06-27-2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: why is ******* censored?
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

@kymus.

I agree. Has anyone disagreed with you on that?

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    @kymus.

I agree. Has anyone disagreed with you on that?
    Not necessarily... but I think KC is saying that it comes from Shaolin or it comes from Kung Fu (however long ago) so it's not wrong to call it that.
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    Are you talking about the martial arts that came from shaolin before the temples destruction? Or the martial arts of the modern day temple taught by the Chinese government?
    the modern day shaolin forms are traditional forms done in a flashy manner. its 1000 more legitimate than shaolin do.

u don't have muskles. u weak like womon
    lol.

I understand your fear now. My weakness and lousy 190-200 pound frame are just too small for you. You like the bigger boys. I get it.

Blessed be you.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

lol.

I understand your fear now. My weakness and lousy 190-200 pound frame are just too small for you. You like the bigger boys. I get it.

Blessed be you.
    I don't undersand.

I don't undersand.
    I agree. But that's not the point.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Priceless!

I agree. But that's not the point.
    if u train kung fu but don't have strong, what make u different from training shaolin do?

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    Priceless!
    u know what is priceless? real shaolin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    While Bawang's answer here isn't exactly diplomatic, it's true.

Shorinji comes from Shaolin, but it's not Kung Fu
    Okinawan Karate comes from Kung Fu, but it's not Kung Fu

SD is SD. It's some sort of b@stard child from Kun Tao and Kung Fu. Even though it (possibly, maybe, but who knows) has roots in Kung Fu or Shaolin, it is not Kung Fu or Shaolin.
    the isn't even a Kuntao guy, so I don't think so.
    I think he and his brother learned some karate and sin decided he wanted to make some bank so he started his cult and started duping americans by the fistful with bogus chop sockey sauce.

I think i've said it before here, but there ain't no bitter like the bitter taste you get when you realize you have bought into a con and not only that, but you help sustain the con and have been caught in it for years, maybe even a decade.

It's a freaking disaster. I wasted time with a pretender once. I felt stupid at the end of it, cheated. I took the good out of it and moved on. I feel no worse for wear, but that first while was bitter, I felt stupid and betrayed at the same time.

anyway, martial arts isn't important in the grand scheme of things, so who cares who's a fake and who's real. right? It's about creating an activity that you can enjoy, find community in and so on.

real understanding of violence these days has nothing to do with how many forms someone knows, or even mma training for realz.

It's about awareness and superior ordinance. That's pretty much it.

So if you are a 200 lb dude with a solid punch who can take a hit, I wouldn't worry too much about master so and so or such and such, he's flesh and blood too. It's important to know at least that. All humans are fallible. All humans are inherently weak. Even the strongest of us is weak compared to lesser animals.

It's not rocket science to understand our meekness and our lack of power. The only way we get a fair fight at all is if we fight amongst ourselves. We are indeed pretty good at that with thousands of years of practice.

To that end, SD isn't Shaolin. Really, it's not even close. BUt it is what it is, and so, it's a real thing.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

if u train kung fu but don't have strong, what make u different from training shaolin do?
    You have no idea bawang, you don't show up when invited, you don't respond to friendly cross hands and instead you sit here and troll about, reading old pages an making outrageous claims some of which are good and others which are op/ed crap.

bah, you collect bad karma.

typical disaffected chinese kid.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You have no idea bawang, you don't show up when invited
    invite to wat

typical disaffected chinese kid.
    im from village FOO

the isn't even a Kuntao guy, so I don't think so.
    I think he and his brother learned some karate and sin decided he wanted to make some bank so he started his cult and started duping americans by the fistful with bogus chop sockey sauce.
    Mas Judt was the one that brought up the Kun Tao correlation years ago. JP probably remembers more of the conversation.

That, and, we know that there are guys in Indonesia that say they learned from the same teacher as ST and from what I recall, their forms had the standard SD flavor to them.

Given all the evidence that's been collected over the past decade, I think it's highly probable that they learned something in Indonesia that was at one point Kung Fu - however many generations - and that then got radically changed while in Indonesia.

That seems to be the most probable answer to what SD comes from. Of course, it's origins past ST's teacher is a complete mystery. I'm curious as to whether SD is the only game in Indonesia that has the SD flavor, and what art or arts it originally came from.