View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1275 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2757751175122512651273127412751276127712851325 ... LastLast
Results 19,111 to 19,125 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    Given all the evidence that's been collected over the past decade, I think it's highly probable that they learned something in Indonesia that was at one point Kung Fu - however many generations - and that then got radically changed while in Indonesia.

I think that is most likely. At least, more likely than the idea that Japanese Karate got into the mix somehow.

Jake Mace says he visits China every year to train.... I have yet to see anything that looks like actual Kung Fu. I think he's learning from this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

wow

I think he's learning from this guy.
    Now that's racist.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Now that's racist.
    holy crap, no kidding.

Dude in the coolie hat needs to have a couple of his teeth knocked out of his stupid face if you ask me.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Really? I dunno, I didn't find it disrespectful at all. I just saw it as a stupid parody.
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Health of marial artists

A Change of subject!
    Any one of you you have suffered an injury much like I have and felt that full recovery is somewhat hopeless. I have news for you. I have had pain in some shape form or fashion from my back injury. Lately I had someone do ASTYM / Gua Sha on different areas of my Body. I worked for 8-10 hours today with relatively 0/10 pain 98% of the day. This is awesome believe me injuries are like Locks and one searches for the Keys to fit those locks to be better. I have found such a KEY. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Blog Entries
    Any one of you you have suffered an injury much like I have and felt that full recovery is somewhat hopeless.
    after falling 50 feet, breaking my ankle and three parts of my spine and was never supposed to walk again i would say i know exactly what you're talking about.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Really? I dunno, I didn't find it disrespectful at all. I just saw it as a stupid parody.
    Probably because you aren't Asian?
    But if all white people were depicted as Ozark Hillbillies, how would you feel about that? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    But if all white people were depicted as Ozark Hillbillies, how would you feel about that? lol
    but you calling kung fu heroes from boxer rebellion a bunch of primitive savages and making fun of how they all got shot is perfectly ok.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

If comedy had to cut out all stereotypes and generalities there'd be quite a few comedians out of work...

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    If comedy had to cut out all stereotypes and generalities there'd be quite a few comedians out of work...
    I think shaolin do is a very funny comedy.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I've seen what Japan thinks white people are like. I'm not offended in the least.

Big nose, blonde hair, everyone owns a gun...

That's just the general perception of what a Westerner is. This doesn't even get in to a parody.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Now that's racist.
    Yeah, not only did they manage to pull the Chinese kung fu stereotype out, but they also managed to depict Mexicans as gun toting criminals. I wonder if these guys are from Texas (see what I did there)?

I've seen what Japan thinks white people are like. I'm not offended in the least.

That's just the general perception of what a Westerner is. This doesn't even get in to a parody.
    Based on what? Because I lived in Japan and that was never an impression that I got. The blonde hair thing was a trait they thought was appealing, much like here we like dark skin and green eyes. But to say that's what they think Westerners are is something I never personally experienced.

Much like the cowboy thing. THEY like cowboys more than we do. But talk with my friends about the history of samurai and ninjas, and they start to yawn in about 3.2 seconds.

You've seen what 'Japan' thinks, or what a few people in Japan might think? I notice that some people speak of an entire country's population as if it's some monolithic entity.