View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1280 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2807801180123012701278127912801281128212901330 ... LastLast
Results 19,186 to 19,200 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Snipsky

You are just a Troll. Is your name based on the idea that you give oral Circumcisions. I am sure you are truly a master of that. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Blog Entries
    Math books I hope not, martial arts books I don't know, do they? What for?
    why would one write a book and just GIVE away something they worked so hard on themselves? i would hope EVERYONE who writes a book or makes a public video "modifies" it in case someone wanted to go around teaching that form without learning it from the source. look at what shaolin do did to my lineages 5 animal form. a shameless rape of something so treasured within my system.

choy lee fut never gives its traditional stuff away on film. you get the modified version intended to attract you to our schools and system.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    this is very strange comments. if i'm not wrong, this guy is saying "SO WHAT? I LEARNED IT FROM THE BOOK" so you must think you are THAT good to be able to extract something you never learned from a book. you don't even know what you'e looking at so how does that work out? it all looks exactly like SHAOLIN DO. very sad situation.
    Where are books mentioned in this Post ??? Except where you put it in there and yes i am that GOOD. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Blog Entries
    Where are books mentioned in this Post ??? Except where you put it in there and yes i am that GOOD. KC
    LMAO. Stop all that lyin'.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    why would one write a book and just GIVE away something they worked so hard on themselves? i would hope EVERYONE who writes a book or makes a public video "modifies" it in case someone wanted to go around teaching that form without learning it from the source. look at what shaolin do did to my lineages 5 animal form. a shameless rape of something so treasured within my system.

choy lee fut never gives its traditional stuff away on film. you get the modified version intended to attract you to our schools and system.
    As Shi Yong Liao said: A good teacher never asks money for his knowledge.

I agree with him, but it's not how the world rules so it's up to one individual to decide this.

He does not move very well. Stiff and awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    *smh*
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Okay, guys, it does not matter what the content is, but the manner of execution. So what if it is a borrowed form from a video or a book? If the person performing it cannot move correctly, it is still junk. And using David Soard as an example? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    Okay, guys, it does not matter what the content is, but the manner of execution. So what if it is a borrowed form from a video or a book? If the person performing it cannot move correctly, it is still junk. And using David Soard as an example? Really?
    Well actually it does matter & there have been examples already given of missed or flat out wrong transitions from technique to technique. This goes along with misinterpretation of the techniques intent & direction.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Well, that ties in to what I am saying. If the execution is wrong, regardless of source, it is junk. I 100% agree that the transitions are lost when you attempt to pick up a form from video/book/notes without having an instructor refine your technique and provide insight into the form.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    1:50

"Now you figure if there's three or four, or eight, ten, twenty opponents – the first one punches... snap! snap! snap! You go.. next?"

*students chuckle*

"I don't think any more will want to throw a punch."

*students laugh appreciatively*

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    Well, that ties in to what I am saying. If the execution is wrong, regardless of source, it is junk. I 100% agree that the transitions are lost when you attempt to pick up a form from video/book/notes without having an instructor refine your technique and provide insight into the form.
    No argument there about wrong is wrong.

However you're less likely to get it wrong with a teacher & all the things related to having a teacher in front of you. Now if the teacher got it wrong... that's whole other dynamic.

Otherwise, we could all go to the library, read a book on "X" & then proclaim ourselves whatever title is applicable, just from that. The then real professionals that took time & spent the energy to become whatever the title truly is would be up in arms. That... has legal repercussions. This doesn't & is "basically" a victimless crime & prime example of caveat emptor.

Blog Entries
    Okay, guys, it does not matter what the content is, but the manner of execution. So what if it is a borrowed form from a video or a book?
    THAT!!!!!! right there is EVERYTHING wrong with shaolin Feaux. so what its borrowed from a video or a book? no one see's anything wrong with that? you should advertise that the material learned is taken from a book and see if people will stay to learn something YOU nor anyone in your lineage authentically learned from a real teacher. that is why these white karate guys are wearing japanese uniforms while pretending to be chinese kung fu

I am afraid you guys have missed the point I was making and are hanging up on a few semantics.

Let me try again. It does not matter what the source of the form is (book, video, live instructor) if you do not perform the technique correctly. Improper form is junk, regardless of where you got it. If you were taught correctly, but you lack the discipline or skill to execute the technique, then you are wrong.