View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1283 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2837831183123312731281128212831284128512931333 ... LastLast
Results 19,231 to 19,245 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Ok

I too learned the number 10 technique. I liked it. KC
    P.S. Thanks for the in put.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

I was also taught number 10 and I like it. I was always told that someone got a little carried away on test with it one time and that was the reason it wasn't shown a lot anymore.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    I was also taught number 10 and I like it. I was always told that someone got a little carried away on test with it one time and that was the reason it wasn't shown a lot anymore.
    I think that's exactly right. The technique itself isn't super-secret or deadly, but someone got hurt badly once so people were told not to teach it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I think that's exactly right. The technique itself isn't super-secret or deadly, but someone got hurt badly once so people were told not to teach it anymore.
    That can't possibly be the real story. SD techniques cannot be effective enough to actually injure someone!!!

I was told the same thing. We still learned and practiced the technique, just went through the motions of the that part.
    Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by JSE View Post
    That can't possibly be the real story. SD techniques cannot be effective enough to actually injure someone!!!

I was told the same thing. We still learned and practiced the technique, just went through the motions of the that part.
    It was an accident. SD's techniques can only injury someone accidently.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    It was an accident. SD's techniques can only injury someone accidently.
    Lol! Can you describe the technique?

basicly it has you breaking an arm over your shoulder, it is easy to pull down just a little to hard, or have a lazy partner not watching out for his own arm.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    basicly it has you breaking an arm over your shoulder, it is easy to pull down just a little to hard, or have a lazy partner not watching out for his own arm.
    It's an over the shoulder throw that is also an arm break in the process. I think the accident occured when someone actually threw their partner, and they broke an ankle in the process. At least that was what I was told.

Again, not a bad technique, and one that ought to be taught, but a freak accident derailed that technique.

Yet, I'm sure some teachers used it to feed the mystique that some techniques are "too deadly" to teach.

I understood the injury to have been to the.elbow

Its funny how this thing can do two or three pages a day and then do nothing for weeks

OK Guys

The Sh%^ is about to hit the fan , new news coming to SD lets see who posts 1st. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    The Sh%^ is about to hit the fan , new news coming to SD lets see who posts 1st. KC
    Dude! Lets here it! Lol

Okay, what has happened? I have not heard any new scandal.

Come on man

Out with it KC! Dish!!

Yeah, give it up!