View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1286 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 286786118612361276128412851286128712881296 ... LastLast
Results 19,276 to 19,290 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

This thread is killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    You guys are killing me.
    For twelve years - a complete Chinese zodiac cycle, this thread has been killing me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Then why not give it a mercy round to the head and move on?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    OLd Noob just something to talk about. Look for a new and improved Shaolin Do organization. KC
    So is Sin The' no longer going to be involved. Because if he stays nothing will ever change. Forms will continue to be copied, people will continue to be promoted undeservedly, and it will always be about his bank account.

SO what exactly is the rumor, or rumors? KC, you can't say there's big news and then not say what it is. Well, you did, but that sux. JP says Mullins is possibly separating from SKT. KC implied something about legal activity with the Soards, and a change for the SD organization, which would all seem to be unrelated. Acknowledging it is only rumor at this point, why not just say it plainly? Out with it, man!
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

oops

i responded and lost the post will post later. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    So is Sin The' no longer going to be involved. Because if he stays nothing will ever change. Forms will continue to be copied, people will continue to be promoted undeservedly, and it will always be about his bank account.
    Regardless, nothing will change; at least not globaly. When Sin The quits, dies, retires, then each faction will just become more factionalized without a common thread running among them. That will be good for some that have been trying to do things there own way and/or make the best with the material that they have been given. For other groups, they will continue to expound on the mumbo-jumbo they have been feeding their students for years with Sin The's (at least tacit) blessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    ... (at least tacit) blessing.
    Easy now... no reason to use lawyer size words on us...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Regardless, nothing will change; at least not globaly. When Sin The quits, dies, retires, then each faction will just become more factionalized without a common thread running among them. That will be good for some that have been trying to do things there own way and/or make the best with the material that they have been given. For other groups, they will continue to expound on the mumbo-jumbo they have been feeding their students for years with Sin The's (at least tacit) blessing.
    I'm curious as to how many new "grandmasters" will arise. This all should be quite entertaining.
    Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced.

Jse

Every one that starts their own style will then be a grand master , Right ? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Kc

As I understand it yes. But will any of them really be starting their own style. My assumption is they will still teach all of the same material, under their own name. So are they truly a grandmaster? With Mullins splitting, is he now the grandmaster of Mullins Shaolin?

Ah well. I will just sit back and watch. See ya tomorrow!
    Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced.

There are nine 8th degrees and one 9th. If the Soards split - or get thrown out - I would expect some super grand master title to pop up in Denver.

As to the rest, only Leonard and Smith have egos big enough to make themselves grand masters - but they are the most loyal to Sin The. So, they will not be splitting.

Of the remaining six 8th degrees I don't see Mingione or Price going anywhere.

Grooms and Mullins both appear to be gone already. That leaves us with Green and Nance as possible defectors. Don't know much about Green - but I don't see Grooms, Mullins or Nance making themselves grand masters. They will just teach what they feel best about teaching.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ797 View Post
    There are nine 8th degrees and one 9th. If the Soards split - or get thrown out - I would expect some super grand master title to pop up in Denver.

As to the rest, only Leonard and Smith have egos big enough to make themselves grand masters - but they are the most loyal to Sin The. So, they will not be splitting.

Of the remaining six 8th degrees I don't see Mingione or Price going anywhere.

Grooms and Mullins both appear to be gone already. That leaves us with Green and Nance as possible defectors. Don't know much about Green - but I don't see Grooms, Mullins or Nance making themselves grand masters. They will just teach what they feel best about teaching.
    Whatever happened to Eric smith anyway? Has he went into hiding or something?

Eric shows up at the seminars in Lexington. Probably looking for more "investors"

It's been about 20 years since he was really training. He looks more than a little porky.

Monkey beaks and hairy freaks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ797 View Post
    Eric shows up at the seminars in Lexington. Probably looking for more "investors"

It's been about 20 years since he was really training. He looks more than a little porky.
    Shame, he seemed really strong back in the day.