View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1297 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 297797119712471287129512961297129812991307 ... LastLast
Results 19,441 to 19,455 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    That is not going to happen, bawang. Myself, I left SDalmost 20 years ago and have studied other arts. One thing I found in the Asian community that seems to conflict with your earlier post about Chinese and Japanese. After what the Japanese did to the Chinese in Nanking and other places when they invaded, it would seem you would not be so willing to accept Japanese culture. Personally, I always found it surprising that SKT would adopt anything Japanese due to the deep hatred most Chinese had for anything Nippon. But who the heck am I?
    i was saying, karate masters didn't steal culture. they went to china and asked famous teachers to teach them.

its different from sin the getting idea to mimick a tv show to make easy money.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-09-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

As well as Americans and just about any country you can think of in the East. It should not be surprising that there would be martial arts in the US and that enterprising individuals would bring their own brand here for distribution. We do not judge where it came from. We judge how effective it is in application. If you were to open a school and used whatever terminology you wished, you would get students. Keeping them would depend on you and how effective what you taught was. We could not care less about the terms, origin, etc as long as it helped us develop and was effective. Culture thief? Fake Gung Fu? Mixing terminology? Nope, don't care.

As well as Americans and just about any country you can think of in the East. It should not be surprising that there would be martial arts in the US and that enterprising individuals would bring their own brand here for distribution. We do not judge where it came from. We judge how effective it is in application. If you were to open a school and used whatever terminology you wished, you would get students. Keeping them would depend on you and how effective what you taught was. We could not care less about the terms, origin, etc as long as it helped us develop and was effective. Culture thief? Fake Gung Fu? Mixing terminology? Nope, don't care.
    the ONLY reason shaolin do got popular is because you hoped it actually came from shaolin temple, after seeing the david carradine tv show.

because you Kentucky hillbillies rarely see a colored man in your entire life, it matters less whether shaolin do is real kung fu or not. it just doesn't affect you that much.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-09-2013 at 10:31 AM.

hahahahahaha!!!! I see that you have never been to Kentucky. Just about anywhere you go in this state you will find American indians of various tribes, Eastern indians, Pakistanis, Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Laotians, Cubans, Mexicans, Germans, Italians, Scots, Ethiopians, Nigerians, you name it. Agriculture, Equine and academics brings people from all over the world here. We also have two of the largest military installations within the state that bring all sorts of people through the state. So, no again, Bawang, you are way off base there.

Hillbilly? Do you even know what a hillbilly is?

Ba

When did u start MA anbd do you have a reason why you seem so angry? It is no skin off your nose right. And when one speaks of Colored people we are all colored just different colors.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

hahahahahaha!!!! I see that you have never been to Kentucky. Just about anywhere you go in this state you will find American indians of various tribes, Eastern indians, Pakistanis, Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Laotians, Cubans, Mexicans, Germans, Italians, Scots, Ethiopians, Nigerians, you name it. Agriculture, Equine and academics brings people from all over the world here. We also have two of the largest military installations within the state that bring all sorts of people through the state. So, no again, Bawang, you are way off base there.
    if you are familiar with other cultures, then i guess you just enjoy being dominated and lied to.

Hillbilly? Do you even know what a hillbilly is?
    descendants of scots.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    When did u start MA anbd do you have a reason why you seem so angry? It is no skin off your nose right. And when one speaks of Colored people we are all colored just different colors.
    im not angy. i feel sorrow for you. every boy felt wonder and awe the first time he saw a kung fu movie. but sin the had robbed you of your chance to fulfill your dream.

bawang thinks if he says "colored" and "race" enough times it will prove something.

Silly baawang

No, Bawang, you have that wrong...again. You calling me a hillbilly is like me calling you a gook. It is an insult and you really need to research a little, big boy.

No, Bawang, you have that wrong...again. You calling me a hillbilly is like me calling you a gook. It is an insult and you really need to research a little, big boy.
    if you think hillbilly is a grave insult, you must be a hillbilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    bawang thinks if he says "colored" and "race" enough times it will prove something.

Silly baawang
    sin the figured out that if he can pretend to be a wise kung fu master, he can get respect at a time where he would otherwise be treated like bacteria.

sin the is my Asian brother and i understand he needs to make a living. but i feel sorry for you, his dog. you are weak.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-09-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Actually, I am Cherokee/German/Irish and live in the city of Louisville. I also learned long ago the meaning of honor and traditiional respect. Apparently you did not. Following your logic and reviewing your comments, I suspect you are not a real Kung Fu man and certainly are no warrior, but are a keyboard fighter and hollow. You can play your silly little games and spoute your sewer mouth, but you are nobody and nothing. Certainly not worthy of any more of my time.

I also learned long ago the meaning of honor and traditiional respect.
    Culture thief? Fake Gung Fu? Mixing terminology? Nope, don't care.
    lots of honer u got der
    I suspect you are not a real Kung Fu man and certainly are no warrior, but are a keyboard fighter and hollow. You can play your silly little games and spoute your sewer mouth, but you are nobody and nothing. Certainly not worthy of any more of my time.
    i crack open your mask and reveal your nakedness.
    Actually, I am Cherokee/German/Irish and live in the city of Louisville.
    there are no cities in Kentucky. Kentucky is a wasteland habited by roving bands of techno barbarians, who struggle to find food and tiberium crystals. the only exception is kernel sanders. he is the only good man to come out of the desolate forsaken plains of Kentucky.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-09-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Bawang

Ok based on that now we all know that you no mothing of kentucky, or anything for that matter.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

wow

I appreciate your Pity Bawang, but it is unwarranted. I enjoyed what I learned and continue to practice. The Fundamentals are good and I have a working knowledge of the applications and mechanics. Thanks anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I appreciate your Pity Bawang, but it is unwarranted. I enjoyed what I learned and continue to practice. The Fundamentals are good and I have a working knowledge of the applications and mechanics. Thanks anyway though.
    you are welcome, my son. I know it must be so tough for your people, struggling day after day to salvage the precious crystals. im sure one day your people will finally unlock its secrets, and rebuild civilization. perhaps you will find a female to capture and mate today, to help repopulate the radioactive wastelands of Kentucky. may kernel sanders watch over you, always. always.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-09-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Btw

Kernel is as popcorn, Colonel is of KFC. also i am not in Ky and i dont use KY LOL