View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1310 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 310810121012601300130813091310131113121320 ... LastLast
Results 19,636 to 19,650 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Shao-lin

To answer that question from 12 years ago.
    Anything that can be reproduced in the physical is real, in the physical.
    Some things are partially real. Like someone's claims of something's origins may not be true, or reproduced as accurate. But the forms themselves can be reproduced.
    If someone says a form is an ancient shaolin kung fu form, but the person actually made it up themselves, that cannot be reproduced if it is not, but the form can be.
    The form will still do what someone does forms for.
    I know people will say that would be fake and so it cannot do anything, but people tend to want to corner the market on authenticity.
    A lot of times I see someone saying this other martial artist is fake, when what they are doing cannot be reproduced in its fullest extent in reality.
    Like Japanese Samurai sword practitioners. Or ninjutsu practitioners.
    They were part of societies that were destroyed by other western type societies and so anyone practicing them now, are doing dress up. The only part that is real, is the forms and techniques. So Shaolin-Do forms and techniques are just as real as another commonly accepted Kung Fu school.
    Someone will say this ninja sword is fake, because the hamon was etched on and the one they have is real, and that kind should be used to train.
    The sword doesn't know it is fake, and like a wooden bokken will give you the general shape and weight to train. And if you use any of them in public you could get arrested, except the bokken.
    The forms do not know they are fake, because that is just in someone's head.
    I found a few commonly accepted origin stories are themselves perhaps not true.
    I go to the Chinese Shao-lin center, which apparently has silently severed most of its ties with Sin_the, and if Sin-the made up some of the forms, I found they still come from movements in Tai-chi and Shao-lin kung fu forms, and they can be reproduced and do the same as the forms that come from the historical Northern and southern kung fu. The center focuses on the southern style more.

Blog Entries
    can i get some of what you're smoking?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

3. Quote Originally Posted by Napitenkah View Post
    To answer that question from 12 years ago.
    Anything that can be reproduced in the physical is real, in the physical.
    Some things are partially real. Like someone's claims of something's origins may not be true, or reproduced as accurate. But the forms themselves can be reproduced.
    If someone says a form is an ancient shaolin kung fu form, but the person actually made it up themselves, that cannot be reproduced if it is not, but the form can be.
    The form will still do what someone does forms for.
    I know people will say that would be fake and so it cannot do anything, but people tend to want to corner the market on authenticity.
    A lot of times I see someone saying this other martial artist is fake, when what they are doing cannot be reproduced in its fullest extent in reality.
    Like Japanese Samurai sword practitioners. Or ninjutsu practitioners.
    They were part of societies that were destroyed by other western type societies and so anyone practicing them now, are doing dress up. The only part that is real, is the forms and techniques. So Shaolin-Do forms and techniques are just as real as another commonly accepted Kung Fu school.
    Someone will say this ninja sword is fake, because the hamon was etched on and the one they have is real, and that kind should be used to train.
    The sword doesn't know it is fake, and like a wooden bokken will give you the general shape and weight to train. And if you use any of them in public you could get arrested, except the bokken.
    The forms do not know they are fake, because that is just in someone's head.
    I found a few commonly accepted origin stories are themselves perhaps not true.
    I go to the Chinese Shao-lin center, which apparently has silently severed most of its ties with Sin_the, and if Sin-the made up some of the forms, I found they still come from movements in Tai-chi and Shao-lin kung fu forms, and they can be reproduced and do the same as the forms that come from the historical Northern and southern kung fu. The center focuses on the southern style more.

The Soards have made up a ton of forms and passed them off for real as well.

Blog Entries
    that is some very deep mystical mumbo jumbo for the hippy clans.

Every Martial art forum on the internet is like this

What I like about all these MA forums is the warm, friendly, thoughtful, respectful, intelligent replies I can expect to receive.
    The logical result of people being educated and informed from Maury Povich and Jerry springer shows.
    I have been to every main Martial art forum and they are all like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Napitenkah View Post
    What I like about all these MA forums is the warm, friendly, thoughtful, respectful, intelligent replies I can expect to receive.
    The logical result of people being educated and informed from Maury Povich and Jerry springer shows.
    I have been to every main Martial art forum and they are all like this.
    Fuk you. Pls.
    Yes sir, the check is in the mail!

Which Lo Pan, huh? Little old basket case on wheels or the ten foot tall road block?!

Anyone on here from the "former" shaolin tao (do) school in Alt.? I would like to talk to someone from there, maybe someone that has been there for awhile
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Blog Entries
    Does anyone have any info on the Ngo Cho Kune found in Shaolin Do? It is obviously a major part of the style.
    Stop that fukkin lying. Shaolin Do is fake as **** and you know it. stop praying to find a glimmer of hope in this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    Anyone on here from the "former" shaolin tao (do) school in Alt.? I would like to talk to someone from there, maybe someone that has been there for awhile
    What are you looking for? I left a few years ago but was round for a while.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    Yeah. I've been there for about 10 years--the Marietta branch under ATL's ranking guy. Not as familiar with the Intown or Norcross branches.

what's up?
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 01-04-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherLove View Post
    Does anyone have any info on the Ngo Cho Kune found in Shaolin Do? It is obviously a major part of the style.
    What makes you think so?

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherLove View Post
    I'm sorry. I believe that you are mistaken. Shaolin-Do is Indonesian kuntao-karate-kungfu. I like it, but the art is what it is.

Found one video of a double ring dagger form that looks to.be the same. Although it was performed with quit a different style. So far only similarity I see although I think this system has been brought up before.

Format

Wow finally found it been gone a while. I dont like this new format.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Wow

Ngo Cho Kun really does resemble SD. To have that kind of flavor, especially in the core material, it would appear there was some amount of influence in the Indonesian school. In the Five Ancestors Fist form I saw on YouTube, there was some mirroring of the Ippons and Street techs.

http://youtu.be/nTSjQBpnZDk