View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1329 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 32982912291279131913271328132913301331 ... LastLast
Results 19,921 to 19,935 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Anyone have a good place to buy steel shot????
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Well it haf a long run
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

SD Reflections

I decided before I stopped actually training in SD that I wouldn't progress past 1st black. Between what I've learned on the forum and in my own research and my own experience with the art, I'm fairly confident that the 1st black/2nd black line is where a lot of "borrowed" material starts to enter the curriculum. Before that, there's just too much interrelation of movement between the forms for them to have been borrowed from disparate systems. In any case, my conundrum about continuing SD training was solved by a geographic move to a place where the system does not have schools. Since that time, I've been practicing only BJJ. So, at this point, my reflections on SD are these for what they are worth:
    1. I was in really good shape when I did SD. At my school at least, the conditioning and pragmatism emphasized in the training kept me very fit. I train in a BJJ school now that routinely has members place in Pan-ams and Worlds and I'm less fit than I was then (I've also crossed the 40 year old threshold so that may be a contributor). I am also likely a more formidable combatant than I was even at a lower fitness threshold.
    2. Though SD emphasizes form collection and quantity, many of the techniques are usable. I've crossed hands with a number of MT-trained MMA folks and have had favorable experiences. There's an aspect of "teach me a technique and I know a technique/teach me a concept and I know 1,000 techniques" to it, but I've found myself able to apply some of the techniques effectively against those from more combat/sport oriented backgrounds.
    3. My particular SD school was a wonderful place that made outcasts from other walks of life feel included and enabled them to enjoy a physically challenging martial art, which is, I think, one of the reasons that many of us become involved in martial arts in the first place.

Anyway, glad to hear that most are well and that those who can train are training.

Cheers!

Such a long talk to end so fast.

i am currently in denver colorado. if any shaolin do people want to escape evil antichrist fake shaolin and learn the way of the true golden shaolin path send me pm

i am doing this out of compassion

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    i am currently in denver colorado. if any shaolin do people want to escape evil antichrist fake shaolin and learn the way of the true golden shaolin path send me pm

i am doing this out of compassion
    shut your retarded ass up, everyone knows you're really Sin Kwang The, shaolin Dohs founder

(honestly, i can't wait for your b1tch ass to die. you're truly a despicable waste of human space. I hope you die a horrible death)
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 08-31-2016 at 08:20 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

free shaolin kung fu training for shaolin do people in denver colorado guarentee

is like cult exit program but with kung fu

i do this for obama

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

You are so bad 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🍇
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

So, I have not been here in YEARS!! Yet THIS thread is still at the top of the pile....
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Hello everyone.....hello???

Smile The thread

That refused to die!

Somethings never die.
    Others just keep coming back, like a bad penny.

This thread refuses to go away.
    It's only coincidental that it's about shaolin-do.
    lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I don't usually post on this thread. It has enough going on its own.

But this seemed nice and post-worthy.

11-year-old boy hacks security experts' devices: 5 things about the cyber **** kid
    .PHOTO: AFP
    MAY 18, 2017, 9:45 PM SGT
    Lydia Lam

Eleven-year-old cyber **** kid Reuben Paul was in the news this week for stunning an audience of security experts with his live demonstration of how he hacked into their Bluetooth devices using a teddy bear.

The sixth-grader gave his demo at a cyber security conference at the World Forum in The Netherlands on Tuesday (May 16).

With his bear, connected to the iCloud via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, he downloaded dozens of numbers of those in the hall, including some belonging to top officials.

Here are five things to know about the boy, dubbed a "cyber ninja".

1. HE WAS A CEO AT EIGHT YEARS OLD

Reuben became a chief executive of his own company at just eight years old, after developing an app for a school assignment. His company, Prudent Games, aims to help customers learn about cyber security through entertaining games.

These include a game called Cracker Proof, which teaches users how to build strong passwords, and Crack Me If You Can, a game which provides information about brute force attacks .

The games are available for iPad and some for iPhone.

Reuben said in a blog post in 2015 that there were no new games added as "third grade got in the way".

"I have to focus on studies because education is important," he wrote, sharing that he had been giving keynote speeches at several Information Security conferences.

2. HE ALSO BEGAN GIVING TALKS AT EIGHT

When he was eight, Reuben gave a talk at the (ISC)˛ Security Congress 2014.

ISC)˛ is an international non-profit membership association advocating cyber security.

According to ISC2, the boy knew he wanted to be a cyber spy from when he was in first grade.

His talk was about creating a safe and secure cyber world for kids, emphasising that the world is unsafe online and filled with new technology and millions of apps that can be used for bad purposes such as cyber bullying.

3. HE HAS A NON-PROFIT CYBER SECURITY SITE

He founded a non-profit site called CyberShaolin which aims to educate and equip the current and next generation about cyber security for a safe and secure cyber world.

The site offers free courses on topics such as the foundations of cyber security, how to defend computer systems and the various types of cyber security attacks.

It also features videos explaining different cyber security concepts such as hashing, keylogging and Denial of Service.

4. HE WAS THE YOUNGEST SHAOLIN-DO KUNG FU BLACK BELT IN AMERICA

Reuben's interests are not limited to just IT - he loves martial arts as well, and at seven years old became the youngest Shaolin-Do Kung Fu black belt in America.

His achievement, made in 2013, was covered by United States media.

His father, information technology expert Mano Paul, said in a blog in 2013 that Reuben did his tests in front of Grandmaster Sin Kwang The at the North Austin Shaolin Do Kung Fu school on Aug 22, 2013.

He said Reuben had started training since he was 3˝ years old.

5. HE BEGAN SHOWING HIS IT SKILLS FROM AS EARLY AS SIX

Mr Paul told AFP about how his son had revealed his early IT skills when he was six.

Using a simple explanation from his father about how one smartphone game worked, Reuben figured out it was the same kind of algorithm behind the popular game Angry Birds.

"He has always surprised us. Every moment when we teach him something he's usually the one who ends up teaching us," Mr Paul told AFP.

SOURCES: AFP, ISC2TV, Prudentgames.com, Thepauls.wordpress.com, Tripwire.com
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Why don't shaolin Do people fight in mixed martial arts in the cage ?