View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 183 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 831331731811821831841851932332836831183 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

1. Quote Originally Posted by humbleman
    I'm sure one of the people on this thread has it taped and would be willing to tape it and send it to you. It was real, that's a fact. My reaction was something like "Holy Toledo!" only in a different state. Also, I had better quickly qualify a previous statement. I am not nor have ever been a S.D. teacher, nor do I mean to imply that my fantastic Sensei was in any way eccentric. Actually, he was no joke at all. I had heard rumours of eccentricity floating around, though. Unique individual? Does this mean I have to go sit on the group W (as in weird) bench now? (see Arlo Guthries "Alices Resturaunt" for explanation.)

if anyone would do that id even pay for it

im a student of the soards but have been researching sd for a while and i would love to see that bit of history!

c-ya

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky
    if anyone would do that id even pay for it

im a student of the soards but have been researching sd for a while and i would love to see that bit of history!
    later, people.

3. im curious what people think of the forms in the newest clips posted on shao-lin.com

http://www.shao-lin.com/category.cfm?CategoryID=28

i know judge penn showed us the kwan tao form...let me know what you all think of these ones posted

thx!
    Last edited by kungfujunky; 08-04-2006 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky
    im curious what people think of the forms in the newest clips posted on shao-lin.com

http://www.shao-lin.com/category.cfm?CategoryID=28

i know judge penn showed us the kwan tao form...let me know what you all think of these ones posted

thx!
    anyone have any tips on how to view the clips. i hit the link media player 9 opens. and i see no video ???

b
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

5. it took me a while to download the video..maybe you just have to wait?

i know firefox didnt allow me to do it but aol did

it was nice to see the new csc denver clips. i have meet a few of the people performing and all are great people and were very welcoming when i visited their schools. the way they move is a bit diffrent than the way we are taught at the atlanta csc, but that is not a bad thing just a diffrent understanding of the same matieral.

chen xinjia "83" tai chi chuan was the most strikingly diffrent interpritation from what i have understood but then again if you watch elder master mullins he looks completly diffrent as does sr master grooms and grandmaster the'.

again it is not a bad thing to be diffrent! chen xiaowong, chen zhonglie and ren guangyi all look completly diffrent doing for example the xinjia form. who is "correct"

any thoughts?
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

again it is not a bad thing to be diffrent! chen xiaowong, chen zhonglie and ren guangyi all look completly diffrent doing for example the xinjia form. who is "correct"

REPLY: The ones who follow taiji principles? Something I could not see in these clips... it was certainly.... unique.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

8. for the chen he was moving fast as it was a demo and they covered a lot of forms...ive seen mjk do it at tai chi speed and it is impressive to watch his balance and control

other than that the first form (broadsword) imo was very well done! mms did a great job!

No excuses. It was NOT Chen TJQ. It was cr@p. Pure and simple.
    www.kungnation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt
    No excuses. It was NOT Chen TJQ. It was cr@p. Pure and simple.
    how do you decide what is and isnt chen tai chi chuan?
    do you practice chen style taijiquan?

REPLY: The ones who follow taiji principles? Something I could not see in these clips... it was certainly.... unique.
    my big question about shaolin do is why so many people who do not practice it care so strongly one way or another about someone elses understanding of what ever martial style it is they say they do?

do you speak so disrespectfully to peoples face? if you met master keller (the guy who did the chen form) would you say to him that his taiji is crap?

does your teacher teach you to disrespect other martial artists ways?

wouldnt your teacher be ashamed of you? weather you are right or wrong ...

practice your art. enjoy what you do. let others enjoy what they do. live and let live!
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

"how do you decide what is and isnt chen tai chi chuan?
    do you practice chen style taijiquan? "

REPLY: I practice Chang style, but workout with Chen players. Chen has a distinct methodology and flavor - none of which was exhibited in the SD clip. If you don't consider me credible - go seek out Chen Xioa Wang - and ask him. He might be more polite, unless you feed him the line of bull your system propogates.

"my big question about shaolin do is why so many people who do not practice it care so strongly one way or another about someone elses understanding of what ever martial style it is they say they do?"

REPLY: It's simple - the lies put forth by your organization compel people who actually practice the systems you claim feel the public should know that SD is a fraud. It's like serving horse-meat and calling it Angus beef, then wondering why people who serve Angus beef might be offended.

"do you speak so disrespectfully to peoples face? if you met master keller (the guy who did the chen form) would you say to him that his taiji is crap?"

REPLY: If the situation calls for it, yes. For the most part I'm a very diplomatic fellow. However, I might not get a chance to say anything, as I'd be laughing too hard when they told me it was Chen TJQ.

"does your teacher teach you to disrespect other martial artists ways?"

REPLY: Does your teacher teach you to be a fool? Oh wait...

"wouldnt your teacher be ashamed of you? weather you are right or wrong ..."

REPLY: No, actually. He'd probably wonder how you guys got to be such tools to beleive that was Chen TJQ, and offer you an opportunnity to come play. I'm a lot nicer, and nowhere as willing to risk law suits as he is.

"practice your art. enjoy what you do. let others enjoy what they do. live and let live!"

REPLY: This I agree with. Except when a marketing machine is fueling a massive fraud and giving good arts a bad name. I've seen SD first hand. It is rudimentary at best - pretty much some Karate with some fantasy kung fu painted over it.

This has been pretty much proven over and over. Whenever one of the layers on here dissect a video (like Sin The' doing 'mantis') - we are told that 'oh that video does not represent us." RIIIIIIGGHHHHT.

Okay, I'm done being mean to the little kid. Promise I'll be nice from now on.
    www.kungnation.com

Having seen this thread go on...and on........and on...............and on. I just wonder why any SD people bother to post here.

I recognize there are people who hate us but what can I do about that? That's the price of being popular!

A Bulletin Board is a lazy man's way of criticizing something. I say if someone has a problem with our style they can show up at the school in person and tell us why.

It has nothing to do with hate. It has to do with veracity. Something SD lacks...
    www.kungnation.com

14. Talking

It has nothing to do with hate. It has to do with veracity. Something SD lacks...

have you been to a class?

you claim to know how bad we are at what we do but whos to say what you do is any better?

it is an endless debate.

after watching hundreds and hundreds of clips from various systems about what they "know" is right and true...i find the martial aspect of csc or shaolin do much more concrete.

it works for me and thousands of others. and thats what matters at the end of the day.

btw the chen clip you claim is garbage.. i have watched a few others on youtube that cant even compare to what mjk was doing. and they were supposedly of chinese masters.

who knows.

everyone is right so the debate is silly in the end. i asked for opinions on the cma aspect of the clips shown and all mas j could say was its crap. well that clears that up! lol

anyone else have an opinion on the cma aspect of the csc demo?

lmk! either in pm or on here. id like to here others opinions.

All I can say is.... wow. That is a really convincing statement.

You - a member of a group that teaches outright lies, and has no idea what it is you are not understanding - are able to tell us that you can 'just tell' your guy is superior to the others.

See - this is my point. I'm sure your a nice kid. I'm sure you train hard. I'm sure plenty of people enjoy SD training.

But that does make it what Sin The' claims it to be. That was NOT Chen TJQ - not even close. The Mantis set The' performed on video was laughable. Really, really funny. I'm not saying this to be mean. It's just what it is.

You assume I have some form of animosity. Nope, not here. If anything I'm sympathetic due to my awareness of Indo exageration.

But your organization, and many of the schools in it lie about what you are, what you teach, and what you offer.

And no amount of wishing it not to be so can change the fact that there has been a systematic effort on the behalf of SD to defraud the public. The evidence is overwhelming.

And for the record, I've seen SD first hand, which why I find the pro-SD posts so funny.
    www.kungnation.com