View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 233 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1331832232312322332342352432833337331233 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Yeah, maybe I spent too long in Manhattan. Going into this conversation I was assuming that you had non-standard forms. I didn't really think about the book connection much.

When you showed the Kwan Do form, it looked like a valid form, but the way it was done wasn't exactly right with the stepping. At that point it seemed more likely that it was learned out of a book, because the way they have forms books layed out, some details are lost. Unicorn step could have been one of those details.

Then, to find out that the rest of the stuff is standard, the same as easily accessed published materials, it lends even more credence to the book claim.

Then, to find out that he teaches CMC's Taiwan form, that just screams out for a book or Taiwan connection.

But yeah, I can't prove that Sin The's master didn't go to Taiwan and China and learn all those forms, somehow the same standard versions that are most famous. I can't prove it at all.

But it really strains the credibility.
    You keep refering to Cheng's form as his Taiwan form....they don't call it his form there.....at least according to my ex Chinese girl friend.....and by the way I showed her a video of GMS doing 64 and she thought he moved to slow.....that comes from his teacher not a book.

2. is dragon pa kua standard? is double mulan fans standard? hsing yi staff? pa kua staff?

double daggers? double axes?

drunken? golden leopard?

18 flying daggers? horse hair form? rope dart?

standard to me means the oldest variation of the style. the pa kua form being abused now is considered to be the oldest known version. of the hundreds of known pa kua versions out there the first pa kua we teach is considered the oldest.

This Lunghushan parody is just that. More silly than not. His points of view change constantly and his reasoning appears to be that of a child.

Set them up and we'll knock them down..next!!
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    This Lunghushan parody is just that. More silly than not. His points of view change constantly and his reasoning appears to be that of a child.

You know, I was being nice. Bottom line is you guys are the biggest suckers ever if you believe this story.

I'm through with this thread. At least now we know where you got your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    is dragon pa kua standard? is double mulan fans standard? hsing yi staff? pa kua staff?

double daggers? double axes?

drunken? golden leopard?

18 flying daggers? horse hair form? rope dart?

standard to me means the oldest variation of the style. the pa kua form being abused now is considered to be the oldest known version. of the hundreds of known pa kua versions out there the first pa kua we teach is considered the oldest.
    Correct me if I'm wrong...I think the Snake Pakua GSM teaches is the oldest Pakua
    form we have....I think it's pre Tung Hai Chuan. And before WS pipes in the're alot of snake Baqua systems out there.

You know, I was being nice. Bottom line is you guys are the biggest suckers ever if you believe this story.

Really, I don't.

Now that's settled we can move on

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post

Well I'm not bored at work anymore

9. Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong...I think the Snake Pakua GSM teaches is the oldest Pakua
    form we have....I think it's pre Tung Hai Chuan. And before WS pipes in the're alot of snake Baqua systems out there.

hmm i hadnt heard that but you could be right! we havent seen snake yet out west...but its supposed to be shown this year

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    hmm i hadnt heard that but you could be right! we havent seen snake yet out west...but its supposed to be shown this year
    You'll love it.....it's strickly for fai jing training and one hell of a work out....it has a lot of kicks and traps all applied with intense fai jing

When you showed the Kwan Do form, it looked like a valid form, but the way it was done wasn't exactly right with the stepping. At that point it seemed more likely that it was learned out of a book, because the way they have forms books layed out, some details are lost. Unicorn step could have been one of those details.
    See again, I've never heard the term "unicorn stepping" If it were learned out of a book then wouldn't we call it unicorn stepping, but do it incorrectly? I was taught that the steps were moving over obsticals on the battlefield and have always stepped with that intent. What is the purpose for this "unicorn" step that you keep referring too?

If we were taught to step differently for different reasons, then you can't call my way of stepping incorrect. Just different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Originally posted by Golden tiger
    Speaking of coat tails, you do know that you have made a name for yourself on the SD coat tails don't you WS? Mention your name in other threads, what do you get? "Oh, he is the one from SD that got his a$$ handed to him cause his mouth wrote checks his butt couldn't cash" or "yeah, he is the crazy guy that went from loving it to hating it, sorta like a grade school crush".

So lil one, you owe SD everything for making you famous. Now go drink some more Kool aide and restart Final Fantasy. what a tool

for a guy who said he was willing to take me back into the SD fold and hold no grudges you sure dont show it. i apologize if my answer session to TTM questions pi$$ed ya off i DO have that effect on people. and its not final fantasy ya dipsh!t its WARCRAFT III. get it right next time

Originally posted by tattoedmonk
    #5)LMAO..dude whatever....I doubt you know what real chinese martial arts is....unless it hit you in the face!! which can be arranged!!
    You threatening me you low life peice of sh!t?? If you know who i am and where i am then show up and make your threat in person but DONT presume to make veiled BS threats to ME here on this forum. In fact its not looked too favorably by the moderators here. I have threatened no-one here and if you cant handle what i have to say then put me on ignore. OR make your threats to me in PM.

Sorry Mods, i dont take to threats lightly, just establishing so.

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

13. lol

thats funny

Cool LMAo

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Originally posted by Golden tiger

for a guy who said he was willing to take me back into the SD fold and hold no grudges you sure dont show it. i apologize if my answer session to TTM questions pi$$ed ya off i DO have that effect on people. and its not final fantasy ya dipsh!t its WARCRAFT III. get it right next time

Originally posted by tattoedmonk

You threatening me you low life peice of sh!t?? If you know who i am and where i am then show up and make your threat in person but DONT presume to make veiled BS threats to ME here on this forum. In fact its not looked too favorably by the moderators here. I have threatened no-one here and if you cant handle what i have to say then put me on ignore. OR make your threats to me in PM.

Sorry Mods, i dont take to threats lightly, just establishing so.

TWS
    you took it as a threat??

you feel threatened by a few words on the internet??

you got issues...

do you want some cheese for that whine??

if this is the way you really feel then you would have PM instead of being a b*tch and putting it out here ....

Quote Originally Posted by TWS
    Sorry about that. Shows how far out of the games loop I am. And of course I would still take you in and teach you everything you might have missed out on. I personally feel that I have learned a lot from SD, granted most was back in the day, and if you feel you didn't, I would have no problem catching you up so to speak. And not for the sake of SD's name, but because I feel every student deserves the best we have to offer.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......