View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 236 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1361862262342352362372382462863367361236 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Hey Lung, Come to Tennessee I will teach you or what ever no charge you can stayu at my place no charge and we will eat good Chinese food and have a good time. I am building my own state of the art Kung Fu W/O facility on my own property and you will love it Kind Of my own Shaolin Temple if you will. Its going to be awesome. Think about it. KC
    Thanks very much for the offer, that's way too kind. I will think about it.

Unfortunately I have to take of some aged relatives, so I don't think I will be able to. But I will think about it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    Why is it when I threaten someone no one takes it seriously and thinks it's just a joke?

i took it seriously...but you should maybe pm him for his address and handle it off boards

3. id be up for that!

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    In my opinion, the main thing that's bad avout this thread is that it dominates the Shaolin forum.
    The only reason it dominates is because nobody is offering an alternative. Feel free to strike up a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Thanks very much for the offer, that's way too kind. I will think about it.

Unfortunately I have to take of some aged relatives, so I don't think I will be able to. But I will think about it.
    Seriously, KC lives about a hundred yards from me (before this year I'd never met the guy face-to-face). You get two SDers for the price of one plane ticket. And my wife can cook really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Seriously, KC lives about a hundred yards from me (before this year I'd never met the guy face-to-face). You get two SDers for the price of one plane ticket. And my wife can cook really well.
    You have to realize, I am deathly afraid of the South. Maybe it was growing up with Dukes of Hazzard, but I always imagined a Boss Hogg at every turn in the road, ready to serve me up in jail and make me a slave in some chain-gang.

I had a girlfriend from West Virginia who I met in NY, who went to UNC Asheville, and she wanted me to visit. Being deathly afraid of the South, I said no, no, no, no.

Finally I went, had a plane change in Charlotte, somehow got pick-pocketed in the airport bar, and had to make my way back to NY without any I.D. or anything.

So it is a very extremely nice offer, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to take you up on it. (Not for the reasons above, but because of relatives). But I will think about it.

Discuss

http://iron-body.com/bboard/index.php/topic,399.0.html

http://iron-body.com/bboard/index.php/topic,397.0.html

http://iron-body.com/bboard/index.php/topic,370.0.html

Here's a couple of new things for discussion. I've posted the third link before, but nobody had any comments except to ask me if I had the book. I do not. Also I think Lung said something to the effect of my stances sucking. Anyone who has met me knows why that made me fall out of my chair laughing. I'm interested to see what type of response these get since most of what I type on this thread is overlooked in favor of flaming, bickering, and challenges. I'm liking the idea of us getting together and doing something constructive. Between my job and four kids, I'm not sure I could make it. That sucks because I'd like to meet some of you guys, and I haven't seen JP for a long time. Speaking of which, who's going to be in Lexington Saturday?
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Quote Originally Posted by BentMonk View Post
    http://iron-body.com/bboard/index.php/topic,399.0.html

http://iron-body.com/bboard/index.php/topic,397.0.html

http://iron-body.com/bboard/index.php/topic,370.0.html

Here's a couple of new things for discussion. I've posted the third link before, but nobody had any comments except to ask me if I had the book. I do not. Also I think Lung said something to the effect of my stances sucking. Anyone who has met me knows why that made me fall out of my chair laughing. I'm interested to see what type of response these get since most of what I type on this thread is overlooked in favor of flaming, bickering, and challenges. I'm liking the idea of us getting together and doing something constructive. Between my job and four kids, I'm not sure I could make it. That sucks because I'd like to meet some of you guys, and I haven't seen JP for a long time. Speaking of which, who's going to be in Lexington Saturday?

I tried to look at the sites, but they require registration, hence the silence.

I wish I could get to Lexington, haven't been in a few years. Several of my buddies are going.

So register

So why not register? It's just another forum... a pretty darn good one at that.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

10. man i watched that fight science on tv and didnt even see the lo han chien in there! its almost the whole form!

very cool!

Here's another evidently Shaolin-Do link. The stances look fine in this one. Some of them are even wearing CMA uniforms.

http://mullins-shaolin.com/photogall...lery/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Here's another evidently Shaolin-Do link. The stances look fine in this one.
    ??????????
    You think those are good? I see quite a few collapsing rear ankles and posing type excessively wide stances that are not practical for fighting.

Which brings me to the question - Why does everyone use posed pictures to represent sparring?

And I'm not picking on SD, I see it on a lot of websites and school ads.

Well, better at least. Not a great representation of each MA I don't think, but better.

I mean, waddya expect. They do so many different forms there's no way they can be great is the bottom line.

Anyway they seem really nice, so I say we cut them some slack. None of us are perfect MAists, right? They obviously spend hours and hours practicing, right?

What? Close down this thread...the Jerry Springer of threads?
    JERRY!!JERRY!!!JEEERRRYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
    The only thing that has bothered me so far is this..this...being nice to each other
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Gene, just for the record, you have never had to threaten to lock this thread before.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching