View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 249 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1491992392472482492502512592993497491249 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

I'm sure there are plenty others around here that would step in for TWS and do the 'interview' with GMT.

In fact, I'll bet he get's a lot of requests for interviews and turns them down all the time. So if you have that much pull that you can get GMT to answer a few questions why not set up a real interview with an objective writer? I'm sure Gene would be willing to run the transcript in the magazine. At least it could be an e-zine article.

Heck, I'll do it if nobody else will.

BTW, I'm talking about a straight up interview with real questions, not a bashing session or a snow job.

SO where's the photos of Ie?

Use your brain and reading comprehension skills KC and tell me where i said that i am backing out of it? Nowhere, correct? CORRECT. im saying YET AGAIN that i think it will not happen because of the reasons i mentioned earlier.

plus i dont think that KC has that much pull with Sin the' but i will give him the benefit of the doubt and just wait and see. Also KC feels there needs to be witnesses to corroborate what is said. so there will be a witness on his side of the fence and anyone who is not an SD person on my side who wished to witness with me then Pm me or state it so here and we are on.

but like i said earlier, this isnt going to happen, not because i want to back out of it(which i never said that i wanted to) but because sin the and his cohorts will advise him against this and KC will get the scolding of his life for being here on these forums along with the rest of the SD'ers who post and argue here. I am sure that bill leonard and sin the and a few of the other higher ups dont even want you guys posting on these forums. with the exception of maybe the mullins crew who had their own forums set up a while back right? but did it not get taken down because of the controversies and such?

HELL ill even BET That Gene ching and the KFM magazine would love to witness this meeting and report on the answers and put it in an issue for the early spring.

TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 09-23-2006 at 10:55 AM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

because i dont think sin the or any of the senior masters close to him even know that you guys posts on these forums and if they did find out they would prolly get p!ssed at you guys and order you to stop posting here.

They do...and they haven't
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

No wait just a god d@mn minute KC

It was YOU who offered to set up this "Meeting" and it has been YOU who has made all these stipulations INCLUDING the Witnesses. I have just gone along with it and agreed to such a meeting, IF IT CAN BE SET UP (which i do not think it will).

i honestly do not know what kind of set up you are trying to pull here KC but this dialogue you are exhibiting now makes me wonder as to the real intentions of this meeting. if i make an added suggestion that there be someone on my side to witness all this then i have a right to do so. what do you think that i am stupid enough to go and meet with you guys at some location without having ANY type of representation on my end? I seem to remember this very thing being taken away from me when i went to go challenge reemul. sorry KC but i am not going to get singled out here. There are MANY who would LOVE the opportunity to ask sin the' questions about the history and lineage of what he claims. Yet sin the has turned down many offers to be interviewed( gee i wonder why ) and yet YOU are just going to set up some informal meeting at a resteraunt? with just you two, so that these questions CAN be addressed?
    LOLOLOLOL you must take me for a complete fool.

As for there being any danger to me with regards to you or any other sd goon wanting to take a crack at me because i am so disrespecting and offending their very honor and whatever BS they can think up, i could care less and i am not afraid of ANY of you. But i have since learned my lessons and will not be so naive .
    now there is a recod of all this here on this forum, the record will show that YOU initiated this little meeting and that YOU made all the stipulations and conditions(even in Pm's) and that I accepted As long as no-one gets their panties in a wad and as long as there is no threats of violence.
    You guys have a history of doing damage and getting up in peoples faces with bill leonard at the front of the pack, what with past rivalries and such.
    And this isnt about some challenge match in the ring to see who is better, this is confronting the questions that we ALL Have with regards to all the outlandish claims that your school makes and what your school professes to teach only through them.
    so if you can set it up KC then go ahead. give a date and a place and time, you show up with your witnesses to corrorborate and i will show up with mine(whomever wishes to do so)

personally i think this is all a bunch of horsesh!t, but hey i could be wrong. time will tell and we will all see. Let's all see if KC has the pull to actually set this up.

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    In my opinion, SD is not playing the correct type of scale.
    I couldn't agree with you more....I play guitar and understand scales very well.
    Each musican also has his own flavor or tone that comes from his fingers or vocal chords. Forms are just like notes in music no one can play or sing a song the same way as the original musican....close sometimes, but not the same. The notes can be passed on, but how there played thats a different story. The problem is the further it gets away from the original musican the sound changes ( sometimes better)....but it's still the same notes (forms).
    Would love to discuss this more...I have to go test this morning[/QUOTE]

I think of Kung fu as Classical music. People have been performing it for a long time but it for years but most of this pieces have not changed much.

As for adding flavor, I think of what Jaco Pastorius did with Charlie Parker's "Donna lee". The opening theme is the same but the solo is different. However, it is easily heard as the same song.

I feel that SD is like playing Punk Rock and saying it is Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    " honestly do not know what kind of set up you are trying to pull here KC but this dialogue you are exhibiting now makes me wonder as to the real intentions of this meeting. if i make an added suggestion that there be someone on my side to witness all this then i have a right to do so. what do you think that i am stupid enough to go and meet with you guys at some location without having ANY type of representation on my end? I seem to remember this very thing being taken away from me when i went to go challenge reemul."

"It is Feburary I will pay your way into the tournament then you can ask your questions. Or perhaps at Trudys GMT likes the Mexican food there ."

ORIGINAL STATEMENT BELOW
    Hey TWS I am probably going to be in Austin in Feb at the tourney I will e-mail you then and set up a meeting with GMT do you agree to meet and ask your foolish questions/ ???? KC

I am offering to try to give you the opportunity to do what you said you wanted to do and now you are backing out. Your beef with Master Joe is your own thing you live in Austin why dont you go and tell him how you feel ? you know where he is ? Right. KC

"Dont try to pretend to know what I am going to say or do: you are making excuses. I am offering to try to give you the opportunity to do what you said you wanted to do "
    WELL I GUESS IT WONT HAPPEN ALL I WANTED WAS A LITTLE INFORMAL QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION JUST US 3, I probably could have pulled that off maybe. You see WS has opted to make this so complicated that it will never happen his Paranoia is exhibited with the ststement above. KC

I am willing to do it next summer. That give you a lot of time to set it up.

I was thinking more along the lines of taping an impartial interview, transcribing it, then posting it up as an e-zine article or printed in the mag.

I can't imagine GMT agreeing to meet a hard core detractor and I don't think everyone here would take serious an SD proponent asking soft questions.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Sorry Yao i dont know you. But thanks for the offer. KC
    Why is not knowing him a problem?

KC is trying to state that i am wanting to back out of things and make excuses. well i keep on saying that i am NOT BACKING OUT OF ANYTHING.

I think that KC now realizes that this little informal meeting is not going to happen because it is not in sin the's interests to answer mine or anyones questions regarding the lineage of SD. i am totally agreeing to go to a meeting that KC is supposedly going to set up and ask some questions, and being that i was a former loyal follower of sd i think KC feels that SIn the would be up for having some quiet informal meeting at a resteraunt somewhere. but it will not happen because the situation is too complicated and not because i have made it such. KC had already stated to me that he wanted a witness to corroborate what was said so that there is not any and i quote from KC and his PM to me "Back Biting".
    but he suggested the witness thing after i had proposed that it be me and me alone to go and talk to him without the SD goon squad in the background or KC for that matter. Just reread my last post on this page and nowhere does it say that i would not go. it just says that i am not going to go there ALONE, not that i am NOT GOING TO GO PERIOD, just that i wont be alone when i do.

KC is trying to spin this in a different direction to make it seem like i am wanting to chicken out on his little invitation, but that is far from the truth. if you look at what i have posted and what HE has posted, HE has said "well i guess it isnt going to happen because you want to make things complicated""and i wanted to make this a little informal gathering. well then if that is the case Then KC would have PM'ed me about it rather than broadcasting it here on the forums for everyone to read.
    Its all a bunch of BS, and i am going to call the bluff here.
    Set up your meeting KC, Bring SIn the and a witness, ill bring myself and a witness and we will have tex-mex and tea and ask these questions that you think are so foolish.
    TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 09-23-2006 at 05:20 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    KC is trying to state that i am wanting to back out of things and make excuses. well i keep on saying that i am NOT BACKING OUT OF ANYTHING.

I think that KC now realizes that this little informal meeting is not going to happen because it is not in sin the's interests to answer mine or anyones questions regarding the lineage of SD. i am totally agreeing to go to a meeting that KC is supposedly going to set up and ask some questions, and being that i was a former loyal follower of sd i think KC feels that SIn the would be up for having some quiet informal meeting at a resteraunt somewhere. but it will not happen because the situation is too complicated and not because i have made it such. KC had already stated to me that he wanted a witness to corroborate what was said so that there is not any and i quote from KC and his PM to me "Back Biting".
    but he suggested the witness thing after i had proposed that it be me and me alone to go and talk to him without the SD goon squad in the background or KC for that matter. Just reread my last post on this page and nowhere does it say that i would not go. it just says that i am not going to go there ALONE, not that i am NOT GOING TO GO PERIOD, just that i wont be alone when i do.

KC is trying to spin this in a different direction to make it seem like i am wanting to chicken out on his little invitation, but that is far from the truth. if you look at what i have posted and what HE has posted, HE has said "well i guess it isnt going to happen because you want to make things complicated""and i wanted to make this a little informal gathering. well then if that is the case Then KC would have PM'ed me about it rather than broadcasting it here on the forums for everyone to read.
    Its all a bunch of BS, and i am going to call the bluff here.
    Set up your meeting KC, Bring SIn the and a witness, ill bring myself and a witness and we will have tex-mex and tea and ask these questions that you think are so foolish.
    TWS
    Having the conversation during the course of the tourney might be more appropriate. I'm assuming you want to have an intelligent conversation with GMT, and don't plan to act like a prosecuting attorney, with demands for proof etc. Anyone can talk to him at the tourney (I've done so in the past).
    KC does have more access than I do, but you seem so belligerent that were I him, I'd not wager my good standing over your demands. Tienes cojones, talk to him yourself. Bring your witness, we don't check SDA membership at the door.

Why can't he bring one witness?

Flaca

the last time i communicated with Joe shaefer he told me not to come to any of their tournaments or any fucntion they had. He said he wanted to forget me and that if i tried to slander him in any way that he would bring lawyers into it and sue me.
    This came after i had done my research on su kong and wanted to have my name in the black belt registry removed on the sd website, i had also been fed up with being harassed by a couple of sd people at the time and that was also a deciding factor to not want to be associated with SD. so you see going to a tournament is not possible and i have stayed away and had no desire to go to a sd tournament. Please note that this all went down in 2003 and have stayed away from Sd since(with the exception of posting here about my views on things)

and i am not being belligerant and would not be a prosecuting attorney with Sin The' my questions have to do with su kong and the research that i did on the subject.

TWS

As for there being any danger to me with regards to you or any other sd goon wanting to take a crack at me because i am so disrespecting and offending their very honor and whatever BS they can think up, i could care less and i am not afraid of ANY of you. But i have since learned my lessons and will not be so naive .

I am not only a member of the SD goon squad, I am the president.

TWS, my friend, you crack me up.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    SO where's the photos of Ie?
    I've never seen any photos of Ie, I've seen prints of 2 different paintings of him.