View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 255 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1552052452532542552562572653053557551255 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

just what i expected

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    How many times do I have to say it....What I, or anyone other poster here, does has nothing to do with the topic. You are copping out by diverting attention to me and not the content being discussed. So focus on the **** content instead of pointing to me. The more you ask for me to "put up or shut up" the more you show that you'd rather not deal with what I'm saying.
    And you are still insulting people.
    You should realize that you are only hurting your cause by doing this.
    it may have nothing to do with the topic but when you post others instead of yourself is it leads people to believe that either you are full of sh!t and no nothing or have very little skill and would be embarased to show yourself doing forms for us to compare SD's to....

if you look at my posts I have no problem dealing with what you and others are saying ..like I said get an education , learn how to read and comprehend ,and stop taking what you want out of these posts and puttting them in a different context and interpreting them in some distorted way

the facts and the proof are here ..you just choose to be ignorant to them ...

you can only be insulted if you accept the insult...

Lmao

[QUOTE=The Xia;708439]Don't forget to answer thisQuote:
    Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey
    I showed my sigung about ten SD videos and some websites. He said it was not kung fu, too. Are you saying that my sigung has no clue and he is an idiot?
    [QUOTE] I do not say anything about other peoples masters..if he has said this i would like to know in what context....
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 09-24-2006 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    My master is Sifu Chan Kai Leung.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/maga...hp?article=234

My grand master is Sigung Chan Sau Chung (known as the monkey king).

He is one of the most respected grand masters in kung fu.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/maga...hp?article=259

I am in one of the Kung fu magazines doing a Pek Kwar application demo.
    yeah I have read this and know of both of them ...good stuff....

funny thing is that in this second one there is an article by one of the SD master ( David theroff) doing an article about the southere shaolin temple

do you respect this magazine, and this forum?? if you do ...why do you think that they would feature shaolin do and articles from our masters in it if they did not think that is was shaolin , kung fu , or real???

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    it may have nothing to do with the topic but when you post others instead of yourself is it leads people to believe that either you are full of sh!t and no nothing or have very little skill and would be embarased to show yourself doing forms for us to compare SD's to....
    Let's put it this way. You don't know me. This is the internet. I can be extremely skilled, I can suck, or I can be somewhere in-between. I can say a number of things about myself and post any number of videos...there is no way for you to know if it’s true. So why bother? That's the internet. It doesn't matter anyway. Where I am skill wise and what I do does not change what I said. Focus not on the poster, but what is posted.
    it if you look at my posts I have no problem dealing with what you and others are saying ..like I said get an education , learn how to read and comprehend ,and stop taking what you want out of these posts and puttting them in a different context and interpreting them in some distorted way
    As opposed to addressing the content in a reasonable manner you tell me to "put up or shut up" and the like. As for education, I can obviously read otherwise I wouldn't be posting. I can obviously comprehend otherwise I wouldn't reply. You claim I distorted things. Where are these alleged distortions?
    the facts and the proof are here ..you just choose to be ignorant to them ...
    Where is this alleged proof?
    you can only be insulted if you accept the insult...
    You called me stupid, an idiot, and full of ****....If those aren't insults what are they?
    Last edited by The Xia; 09-24-2006 at 09:53 PM.

funny thing is that in this second one there is an article by one of the SD master ( David theroff) doing an article about the southere shaolin temple

do you respect this magazine, and this forum?? if you do ...why do you think that they would feature shaolin do and articles from our masters in it if they did not think that is was shaolin , kung fu , or real???
    I noticed that too, regarding David Theroff. Interesting. I believe he's part of the Soard school system.

I like and respect the magazine. However, they have published some questionable articles. For example, they had some Paulie Zink stuff in there.

I am not an editor at this magazine.

I never said that all SD people are lying or that they can't write truthful articles. However, what is on their sites and their forms are very questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaca View Post
    I noticed that too, regarding David Theroff. Interesting. I believe he's part of the Soard school system.
    Once upon a time. No longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    [I]My experiance with Indo systems is minor, however I have seen enough to say the above comment may very well be correct. It is also the opinion of someone I do respect and has the experiance to judge.
    MS2 has no problem speaking for himself RD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    Here is an idea. Royal Dragon posted a mantis video. I have posted a Bak Mei video. There have been videos posted here that are good examples of TCMA. Why don't the SDers here post some videos of Shaolin Do forms they feel are top-notch?
    Because my teachers don't care about a petty argument on the internet and I'm not posting videos of my teachers to drag their name in this. If they were putting themselves out on youtube or whatever, then I'd link to them. There was a set a videos posted on the CSC site that had, in one video clip, several demonstrations. Most of them were descent, a few were bad (imo) and the two videos of chain-whip and chani-whip and broadsword were excellent.

I posted my video to at least show that a form that everyone is taught in SD prior to black obviously has a chinese origin. All I will post is videos of me. I'm not going to drag third-parties into it. If they feel threatened by all this debate, then they can come here and defend themselves.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    You post yourself doing a form and I will post myself doing a form.
    I'd like to see your forms anyway.

TTM, as much as I appreciate your zeal in this argument, you always degrad your points with personal attacks. That approach will get you banned around here and doesn't add any credibilty to your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I'd like to see your forms anyway.

TTM, as much as I appreciate your zeal in this argument, you always degrad your points with personal attacks. That approach will get you banned around here and doesn't add any credibilty to your posts.
    Judge,

I will post some stuff of me soon. I will delete some of my posts, because I am shaming my teachers by including their names into this.

Man, this has gotten really bad around here. I hope no one is surprised when this thread is locked.

TTM, for the sake of keeping this thread going, if you can't be respectful of the people who don't share your opinion, don't talk with them. I can't think of a single post of yours in the last few pages that I didn't see as insulting or condescending. You talk about how the SD people on here respect you, but I'm not so sure that's the case honestly. For myself, I know it's not the case. Typically, I respect the person first and the martial artist second. Fifteen years isn't that long in the grand scheme of things, and you seem to flaunt your years and "respect for the art" as if that means you are entitled to respect. Well, it doesn't work that way. People aren't respected because they are entitled to it. They are respected because they have earned it. Well, I wouldn't say that you have earned it around here. Sorry. ***I'm sure you're gonna tell me you don't care what others think, and send me a whole lists of reasons that I'm below the Shaolin name. Would you spare the thread, and just reply in PM***

I don't see why this whole arguments is so hard about whether our forms are traditional or shaolin or whatever, based on how we do them. I see where other people are coming from, but I don't think we're going about it the right way. First off, if we learned our forms a certain way, and learned that they are "traditional," every form we see that isn't done the way we do it (to a certain degree), then we'll say, "that's not traditional!" Same as with all the folks on here who do Shaolin and learned their forms a certain way, they see ours, which I'll admit are not ALWAYS performed by EACH STUDENT the same, you shout, "that's not shaolin." I think we need some other sort of grading scale.

I can't wait for this thread to get locked and then a new one just like it pops up in, say a month tops. We can then re-hash every argument ALL OVER AGAIN. Won't that be fun?

As far as the interview, I think that should come from KFM. Maybe do a special on styles with controversial lineages and see if the heads of each would do an interview regarding the origin of thier style, the effectiveness of their art, the differences in their forms and why. Gene or some other KFO agent should conduct the interview and ask the hard questions professionally. I have no idea if anyone, including the GM The, would want to do that, but if its to be done, let a professional do it.

Gene said he printed it for the photographs...
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 09-25-2006 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    Gene said he did printed it for the photographs...
    So are you saying that Gene and KFO will compromise their integerity for pretty pictures?

Hey 9th and BM2, what did you think of the 3rd and 4th roads? I found them very interesting. Your take?
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......