View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 256 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1562062462542552562572582663063567561256 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    As far as the interview, I think that should come from KFM. Maybe do a special on styles with controversial lineages and see if the heads of each would do an interview regarding the origin of thier style, the effectiveness of their art, the differences in their forms and why. Gene or some other KFO agent should conduct the interview and ask the hard questions professionally. I have no idea if anyone, including the GM The, would want to do that, but if its to be done, let a professional do it.
    Interviewing Sin is a ridiculous idea. He's already made his official position public in his book and DVDs, so what's left to ask?

He's not going to backdown because some reporter from Kungfu magazine got in his face, let alone some nut like TWS.

He's probably just recounting bedtime stories Grandpappy Ie told him as a kid, anyway.

I'll back up MK on that. Gene said it was the first photos they'd gotten of the Southern Temple.
    I think Gene tries to play it impartial, but c'mon he studied at Shaolin and got a monk name...it shouldn't be too surprising where his personal opinion stands in regards to SD. He's mentioned having a "shaolin-do story" before and implied that the monks at Shaolin didn't think too highly of GM Sin in it.
    And I'm not trying to slam Gene here...kudos to him for letting his opinion be known without making the environment more hostile for SD here.
    Last edited by Radhnoti; 09-25-2006 at 07:05 AM. Reason: misspelled environment
    Keep it simple, stupid.

BTW, it's my favorite SDer's birthday today.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Interviewing Sin is a ridiculous idea. He's already made his official position public in his book and DVDs, so what's left to ask?

He's not going to backdown because some reporter from Kungfu magazine got in his face, let alone some nut like TWS.

He's probably just recounting bedtime stories Grandpappy Ie told him as a kid, anyway.
    You've got a pretty good head on your shoulders MK.

I suppose the cookie from here expired and I had to sign in again. It put me on pg 95 of this thread and I didn't even know I was on the wrong page untill someone posted about it getting up to 100.
    This merry-go-round never stops, just new people jump on
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

I have some new combos now Looking forward to the next Ground Monkey.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

BTW, it's my favorite SDer's birthday today.
    It sure is. Happy b-day Meecer. He hasn't been around here in a while but I saw him last weekend. Looked in top form as usual.

Also, congrats to Baqualin on passing his test. Heard thru the grape vine that you did very well.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Hey all, I would like to apologize for my attitude lately. i shouldnt be so up in arms about everything but i get that way sometimes, especially when certain members here get on and post what they post. It has been a long process getting over all of this and i guess it will be a long process yet before this becomes a distant memory for me. It is tough to start a new career when the last one did not work out so well, plus being in my mid 30's it is scary enough having to start over now. when i look back at what i have tried to accomplish it seems as though i have done absolutely nothing and have gotten nowhere. Yes i get angry when i think back to when the times got so turbulent, and i acknowledge my own responsability in how things have turned out for me. but i stand by some of the things i have said and yes i state them passionately. but you are right i shouldnt act so hostile, but i do at times when it comes to this very issue and this very thread, it is a reminder to me just how frustrating it has been. try to think of my attitude as one of maybe a guy who has worked and been dedicated to a company for a long time and then he gets laid off, and is left standing there wondering what the hell happened and what went wrong, and realizing that it was not much fault of his own but that he was naive in that he did not see the cut off coming.
    But anyway, new things are on the horizon for me and i guess i will see if this new approach will bear fruit for me.
    So anyway in conclusion, apologies for the brash attitude at times,guys.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    try to think of my attitude as one of maybe a guy who has worked and been dedicated to a company for a long time and then he gets laid off, and is left standing there wondering what the hell happened and what went wrong, and realizing that it was not much fault of his own but that he was naive in that he did not see the cut off coming
    Just another victim of the Republican corporation machine. The machine doesn't care about you, so strike back by wasting enormous amounts of time online when you are supposed to be cranking out another dollar for the military industrial complex.

It is the one, true way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Hey all, I would like to apologize for my attitude lately. i shouldnt be so up in arms about everything but i get that way sometimes, especially when certain members here get on and post what they post. It has been a long process getting over all of this and i guess it will be a long process yet before this becomes a distant memory for me. It is tough to start a new career when the last one did not work out so well, plus being in my mid 30's it is scary enough having to start over now. when i look back at what i have tried to accomplish it seems as though i have done absolutely nothing and have gotten nowhere. Yes i get angry when i think back to when the times got so turbulent, and i acknowledge my own responsability in how things have turned out for me. but i stand by some of the things i have said and yes i state them passionately. but you are right i shouldnt act so hostile, but i do at times when it comes to this very issue and this very thread, it is a reminder to me just how frustrating it has been. try to think of my attitude as one of maybe a guy who has worked and been dedicated to a company for a long time and then he gets laid off, and is left standing there wondering what the hell happened and what went wrong, and realizing that it was not much fault of his own but that he was naive in that he did not see the cut off coming.
    But anyway, new things are on the horizon for me and i guess i will see if this new approach will bear fruit for me.
    So anyway in conclusion, apologies for the brash attitude at times,guys.

Peace,TWS
    Hey Willow...I had those feelings when I got divorced after spending 19 yrs. with the same person...I was 48 and had started a new career....here I was getting ready to turn 50 and out of circulation for 20 years...what was I going to do? Now I'm 53 with a 36 year old girl friend that's a BABE....... making more money than I ever have before, working 9 to 5 mon thru friday.....studying & teaching the internal side of SD. In the words of EML...there is life after death.....don't worry about where you've been, don't worry where you are now, only worry about where you go from here...that's the only thing you can do anything about. Peace be with you brother...you still have a lot of road left in front of you.

GT - man, I really liked the new roads. The third was pretty dang cool, but the fourth was amazing! All the elbows and knees to those yummy points of doom! It's great. I can't wait for the liu shing...especially since he likened it to 10,000 bees attacking. I've always wanted to learn some of that system....anything that uses elbows, knees and head-butts has my vote! And seriously the highlight was getting to just learn the names of the liu shing forms...I can't wait.

Oh, my students and I have started a golden leopard class where we use the moves from the forms and strike the points on each other. It's kinda tough, 'cause we want to hit hard enough to know we're in the right spot, but we also don't want to do too much damage! It's been fun so far.

Baqualin - I still don't believe you're as old as you say you are, sir! I've seen you, and I'm not buying it! Oh, congrats on your test!

Quote Originally Posted by ninthdrunk View Post
    GT - man, I really liked the new roads. The third was pretty dang cool, but the fourth was amazing! All the elbows and knees to those yummy points of doom! It's great. I can't wait for the liu shing...especially since he likened it to 10,000 bees attacking. I've always wanted to learn some of that system....anything that uses elbows, knees and head-butts has my vote! And seriously the highlight was getting to just learn the names of the liu shing forms...I can't wait.

Oh, my students and I have started a golden leopard class where we use the moves from the forms and strike the points on each other. It's kinda tough, 'cause we want to hit hard enough to know we're in the right spot, but we also don't want to do too much damage! It's been fun so far.

Baqualin - I still don't believe you're as old as you say you are, sir! I've seen you, and I'm not buying it! Oh, congrats on your test!
    Thank You on both counts...I'll show you my drivers license at Liu Shing

Great Idea on the class...I think I'll get some people together and do the same...thats better than a manikin....moving target.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    It sure is. Happy b-day Meecer. He hasn't been around here in a while but I saw him last weekend. Looked in top form as usual.

Also, congrats to Baqualin on passing his test. Heard thru the grape vine that you did very well.
    Thank you very much....I'm very proud of all the internal students and all the support we're getting from the upper masters. But it's back to work this week....time to start working on Pakua Spear and the Golden Leopard......Life is good

False Advertising?

http://shaolinseattle.com/

"The Seattle Chinese Shao-Lin Center is the only school in the state of Washington certified by a Shao-Lin Grandmaster to teach traditional Shao-Lin Kung Fu."

Isn't this kindof a joke if you think about it? Possibly the most dubious lineage anyplace saying they are the only certified Shaolin school ... ??? WTF

Whoops ... looks like it's broken.

Provider error '80004005'

Unspecified error

/csc/index.asp, line 8

Nevermind ... somebody just took all that content down! Hehehe
    Last edited by lunghushan; 09-25-2006 at 12:23 PM.

Let's make sure we keep it seperated.

Shaolin-Do doesn't say this at all. It is a marketing campaign by the Soards. Notice the spelling "Shao-Lin." This is their coporate name.

This is a play on words. Like the Jiujitsu(BJJ) vs. Jujitsu spelling that Kempo capitalized on. Whole different story I'm not getting into.

No, I don't agree with it but, it is a common practice. It is also true he is the GMT of the Chinese Shao-Lin Centers.