View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 264 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1642142542622632642652662743143647641264 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Obviously you missed the point. Pull up your shorts your bigotry is showing.

Oh and I see what you are doing. Gene said watch the insults. You are trying to say the board is dumb so you can get banned to prove your point.

Clarification

Just to clarify, the very first thing I said in my previous post was:

"I'm not saying anyone here is trying to portray GM Sin and GM Hiang as having a fued or anything, but just an opinion here (and my opinion doesn't mean squat, so ignore this if you want to) however..."

So, I'm NOT insinuating that anyone here is trying to start a family fued, nor did I ever intend to. I came right out of the gate clarifying that was not the intent of my post. A slow, careful reading of each post will assure a greater chance that no one is misunderstood and alleviate many tempers I would wager.

I am just encouraging us to continue to be friendly, informative, and to withhold from any personal attacks on each other. Assumptions about personal relationships are advised against, while informed, logical, discussions about issues that are verifiable are recommended. Intelligent, cooperative discussion is very much appreciated, whether or not two or more participants are in agreement with each other.
    Last edited by NastyHaggis; 09-28-2006 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Spelling errors (self-edited by NastyHaggis)

At the risk of being banned, I will reply, trying not to pick and choose as I was accused of.

Regarding the translation of Sin's certificate:

I paid for the service, not they.

It wasn't big money, at least not to me. That said, I'm not giving any of my money to SD.
    In the first post, you said:"Since the cost to have this certificate translated was not insignificant, I am not going to provide the entire text. " Either it was not insignificant (ie. significant) or is wasnt big money. Which was it? And if the job was already paid for, how would telling all be any more or less expensive that telling a line or two?

The purpose of a third-party translation is so that it can be unbiased. Anyone who wants to make a supportable position in a contentious argument like this would do the same thing.
    Please provide a scanned translation of the document. Since it is obvious that any point you make is extremely biased, only a copy of the transcript will convince me otherwise. To make a contentious argument based on evidence, you have to provide said evidnece to back up your claim.

I could tell you had the "letter" translated by a waiter at a Chinese restaurant it shows. A professional version would probably make a little more sense and might help (or hurt) your position. A professional would alleviate your questions about the 'grandson' part, for example.
    You have two people confused my friend. I was talking about using the lowely lady at the buffet as a translator but it was Rad that posted the letter, translated by the #1 student of the ex #1 student of M. Hiang.

I hope one day you can post the letter, in Chinese of course.
    Since the letter is in the posession of someone besides the rightful owner, I doubt that will happen.

Another assumption you've made is that my purpose was to inflame a sibling rivalry. Just because I've taken a position doesn't mean that its Master Hiang's. By comparison is Sin going to vouch for everything each of you has said on this forum? I'm perfectly capable of looking at the information, evaluating it and forming a position, all without someone spoonfeeding it to me.
    Its obvious that you are now or were a student of M. Hiang's. As far as flaming the fire, there is none to flame. But that said, you have attacked the credibility of M. Hiangs elder brother, two senior students in SD and you think that if it got back to them, it wouldn't start some crap??? Being as in the know as you are, you have to know that there is no love lost on either side.

The most interesting part of this exchange has been complete silence over my main points. System name, the "grandmaster" certificate, material taught, etc.
    Read post 1 thru what ever this one is...its there, all of it.

At some point your club is going to have to deal with this issue: There is nothing to support Sin's claim except his word. If that's all you need, then fine. Stick with that argument, its respectable and perfectly acceptable. But, to see the same people on the forum twist and turn to accommodate each new revelation that doesn't support the grandmaster theory is hard to watch.
    Seeing the SD and Sin The has been going strong for 40 some odd years, I'll place my bets on M. Sin.

Remember, what I post on here may be a position shared by others, but in the end its mine alone to defend, support or change.
    Biting my tongue on this one.
    Last edited by Golden Tiger; 09-28-2006 at 10:57 AM.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

On a happier note...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Baqualin!

They say you don't get older, you only get better.....guess you proved them wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo Valla View Post
    Another assumption you've made is that my purpose was to inflame a sibling rivalry. Just because I've taken a position doesn't mean that its Master Hiang's. By comparison is Sin going to vouch for everything each of you has said on this forum? I'm perfectly capable of looking at the information, evaluating it and forming a position, all without someone spoonfeeding it to me..
    Assumption? I think your purpose was to question M Sin's integrity, and M Hiang probably would not appreciate it.

The most interesting part of this exchange has been complete silence over my main points. System name, the "grandmaster" certificate, material taught, etc.

At some point your club is going to have to deal with this issue: There is nothing to support Sin's claim except his word. If that's all you need, then fine. Stick with that argument, its respectable and perfectly acceptable. But, to see the same people on the forum twist and turn to accommodate each new revelation that doesn't support the grandmaster theory is hard to watch.

Remember, what I post on here may be a position shared by others, but in the end its mine alone to defend, support or change.
    Grandmaster, Club Name, A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

I don't understand why you think we have anything to deal with. We do not question M Sin's word, why should we? We also don't spend class time worrying about other clubs, and it's strange to have 220 pages of other clubs worrying about the integrity of SD.

I'm gonna go roll my shins and hit a post. Now that's worth spending class time on. Eau d'A&B anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaca View Post

I'm gonna go roll my shins and hit a post. Now that's worth spending class time on. Eau d'A&B anyone?
    Hey you are going to make some of the westerners jealous. We still use ZG for iron bone training.

Although, I do have A&B tee hee.

No, I do not have the recipe, put the weapons down.

Happy Happy Birthday.......

to Baqualin...hope you are having a great day..... !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    On a happier note...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Baqualin!

They say you don't get older, you only get better.....guess you proved them wrong!
    Thank You very much GT.......I have to say my 37 yr. old girl friend thinks I'm getting better (got a little Rudy in my blood)

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu View Post
    Hey you are going to make some of the westerners jealous. We still use ZG for iron bone training.

Although, I do have A&B tee hee.

No, I do not have the recipe, put the weapons down.
    Don't forget C

su kong translation....

a friend of mine from china says that it might mean: great ( Tai ),quiet(Djin), master( Su Kong)...

*****oh if anyone want some herbal remedies or internal and external elixers for iron bone training let me know through pm ...****

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    to Baqualin...hope you are having a great day..... !!!!
    Thank you also TTM...it's really been fun getting to know you guys in the short time I've been on here...hopfully one day we can meet each other on less defensive grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by TTM
    a friend of mine from china says that it might mean: great ( Tai ),quiet(Djin), master( Su Kong)...
    Your friend is probably wrong. Send to a professional silly man!

Regarding the translation of Sin's certificate:

I paid for the service, not they.

It wasn't big money, at least not to me. That said, I'm not giving any of my money to SD.

The purpose of a third-party translation is so that it can be unbiased. Anyone who wants to make a supportable position in a contentious argument like this would do the same thing.

I could tell you had the "letter" translated by a waiter at a Chinese restaurant it shows. A professional version would probably make a little more sense and might help (or hurt) your position. A professional would alleviate your questions about the 'grandson' part, for example.

I hope one day you can post the letter, in Chinese of course.

Another assumption you've made is that my purpose was to inflame a sibling rivalry. Just because I've taken a position doesn't mean that its Master Hiang's. By comparison is Sin going to vouch for everything each of you has said on this forum? I'm perfectly capable of looking at the information, evaluating it and forming a position, all without someone spoonfeeding it to me.

Well it's my birthday so I'm not going to say to much today, but I must inform you that you have Insulted and Dishonored GM Su Kong, GMIe, GMSin, M. Hiang, their colleagues and anybody else who is studing this lineage that you claim to be a part of

One more thing....using material taught as one of your main points makes absolutely no sense what so ever....apparently you have no idea what we have been taught on the other side....your right we didn't discuss that one....didn't have to

Please remember we were there and we still are!
    Will not talk about M. Hiang...that would be disrespectful of OUR lineage

Hope I didn't just get banned on my birthday

But, to see the same people on the forum twist and turn to accommodate each new revelation that doesn't support the grandmaster theory is hard to watch. [QUOTE]

Go ahead and start a new thread and throw your theory out there...the sharks on these forums are probally tired of SD meat anyway.