View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 284 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1842342742822832842852862943343847841284 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    I noticed that also on Saturday during the Monkey form. He was jumping around a lot easier than I was for sure. But at least I can still move quicker than KC and Baqualin
    All right GT your going to slip up one of these days....I know 99% of the people in that room Sat. and the 1% I didn't were from out of town I hope you can move quicker than me since I have you by almost ten years. BQ
    Last edited by Baqualin; 10-16-2006 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Did he mention when the movie is supposed to be coming out?
    I do have to admit, it took much longer for this quip to resurface than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Did he mention when the movie is supposed to be coming out?
    I know not to ask.

GT, I haven't seen BQ move, but if you can move better than KC, then that's saying something.

Richard Sloan: I can't wait for '300'. I love the story of Thermopylae!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Hey GT I am a taller and bigger than most kind of Guy but if you judged my speed by my performance Saturday at the seminar then you are sorely mistaken. I am not one to brag so I will Quote others when I say that "they" think I am pretty quick. There fore I will be in Lexington next month I will let you know when and we can have a friendly match what say GT want to spar an "old one eyed fat man " KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

One of these days KC you and I need to get our sparring match over with. I'm not that good, but I like to spar people better than me--helps me get better.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

OT - I can't wait for 300 either...
    Keep it simple, stupid.

Hey JP I only spar for pink slips now what kind of car you got ? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Better Is Better

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    One of these days KC you and I need to get our sparring match over with. I'm not that good, but I like to spar people better than me--helps me get better.
    Ahem...KC ain't the only one you've duckin'.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC
    Hey GT I am a taller and bigger than most kind of Guy but if you judged my speed by my performance Saturday at the seminar then you are sorely mistaken. I am not one to brag so I will Quote others when I say that "they" think I am pretty quick. There fore I will be in Lexington next month I will let you know when and we can have a friendly match what say GT want to spar an "old one eyed fat man " KC

Quote Originally Posted by KC
    I think I will have to pass on that. I am old and slow and drive a junker. You would have nothing to gain by beating up on me.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by richard sloan View Post
    well then you, like me, are avidly awaiting THIS:

http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/
    Ho yea that looks like it's gona be a hell of a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Radhnoti View Post
    GC, I was just commenting on the lack of "real" shaolin. Shaolin was only ONE thing back when there was one place where it was gathered, in my opinion. Reconstruction in pankration from vases and history books wouldn't qualify an art as "real" in the TCMA world...well...at least not on this board. If Sin The' just made up shaolin-do from all the historic evidence and pictures he would catch as much criticism as he does now. I'm not saying pankration didn't exist, I'm saying no one has any proof that modern practicioners are doing the exact same thing in the same way that original pankration students did. That's the price you pay with incomplete historic accounts.

I have a question. What, exactly, is it that is being disagreed with on this thread now? Most the time SD opponents say things now, and I agree with them.
    "SD doesn't look like [insert style name]." - I agree.
    "SD isn't connected with any current Chinese shaolin monks." - OK, I agree.
    "SD has good and bad examples of students and teachers." - No doubt.
    Has the disagreement come down to just a distaste for marketing practices now? I'm not trying to be confrontational here...I just don't see where there's much disagreement anymore.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who chooses to answer...

Ok let me try to simplify the debate, Everything that you have stated I agree with. The problem is the SD guys that I have spoken to made ridiculous claims that are the opposite of what you just stated.

I also have a problem with SD's marketing, its misleading. It seems to me that SD people on this thread will say anything t make one believe that this is a real Shaolin system.

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with what SD is or what you guys do, I just have a problem with people making up sh!t as they go along.

If I was an SD person I'd say that SD is an eclectic style that has borrowed techniques from many different fighting styles. Its origins or who ever made it up or should I say created it have a strong Indonesian influence and the moves resemble Silat and karate.

Instead on this thread you get guys making BS claims about being one of the most deadliest styles coming out of not one but all the Shaolin temples

Claims about doing not one style of shaolin but all of them and such. Statements like this are untrue over exagerated and missleading not to mention proposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I drive a a real crappy red truck. Tell you what, I'll trade you, but you have to take over payments.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 10-17-2006 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BentMonk View Post
    Ahem...KC ain't the only one you've duckin'.
    KC lives 100 yards from me. What's your excuse?

Cool ok.....

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    Ok let me try to simplify the debate, Everything that you have stated I agree with. The problem is the SD guys that I have spoken to made ridiculous claims that are the opposite of what you just stated.

I also have a problem with SD's marketing, its misleading. It seems to me that SD people on this thread will say anything t make one believe that this is a real Shaolin system.

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with what SD is or what you guys do, I just have a problem with people making up sh!t as they go along.

If I was an SD person I'd say that SD is an eclectic style that has borrowed techniques from many different fighting styles. Its origins or who ever made it up or should I say created it have a strong Indonesian influence and the moves resemble Silat and karate.

Instead on this thread you get guys making BS claims about being one of the most deadliest styles coming out of not one but all the Shaolin temples

Claims about doing not one style of shaolin but all of them and such. Statements like this are untrue over exagerated and missleading not to mention proposterous.
    How do you know it is BullSh!T?? Prove it!!!No matter how crazy the history or lineage may seem the art speaks for it'self. There is no way that one or two people could have collected this material over such a short period of time and put it all together in the format that it is in...plus what would anyone have to gain by lying about it?? It stands to reason that it would have more to lose than gain by lying..it appears that most of you are jealous or are in awe of the fact that one school can claim what it does becuase you never heard of it up until recently you think that it must be BullSh!t..which is stupid and ignorant...all of you and your masters/ sifus knock it without any real research into the subject.You choose to ignore things to save face and pick on the things that have non intrinsic value in the debate or in the art. ...get a clue people do some research outside of your little troll holes and see that there is far more to Shaolin than meets the eye.

The only thing that Shaolin Do can prove is that its called Shaolin Do