View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 288 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1882382782862872882892902983383887881288 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Its starting to sound like 'Highlander'

As for the gathering, I don't know what I could contribute to a martial lesson but what I could do is summarize the laws on martial arts, self-defense, weapons etc. of each state where you guys live so you guys can understand the ramnifications of using your material in your neighborhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    What can I say I opened my first school when I was 17 years old and I still run several schools at the age of 40.

I don't claim to be master in every style but I have studied everyone of these styles during my long journey in MA. What can i say, some people say I'm an idiot savant.

The one thing that I don't do is say that all these styles are part of one system called Bla Bla Ba.

Besides everyone in the traditional MA comunity knows my well deserved rep and I can back it up.

So far the only person that I hold suspect on this thread is the Tattooed monk his debates are OT.
    Your response says alot about you......I hope you know I wasn't trying to slam you, I see your the real deal...I was just making a point. Yes some in SD make claims they know nothing about....Just like all the material you teach is under the Green Cloud school...all the material we teach is under the SD school, no time has GMS ever claimed our material is one system.....each system is it's own and has a separate lineage. I would also like to say that your lucky to have chosen the life style you have...I would love to do MA all day long everyday. Hopefully we can meet in person someday

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I have not heard that. I wonder if they are associtated with some of the collegues that taught with Master Ie. I've heard a rumor that there are a couple of non SD schools that come from these teachers, but I've only found one vauge link to a white crane school that Monkey Slap 2 helped me locate. Do you have any more information? Does this school have a website, e-mail or phone number. I'll be glad to contact them and ask.
    It's a school in Texas...I'm sure Master Joe knows the scoop...maybe even Willow Sword. It looks like their using our "material by temple" list & not really teaching the same forms. Just google Bei Shaolin for their web site.

Hey JP the White Crane school you mentioned is it in Texas...GMS is looking for the son of one of his collegues that has a white crane school...he was told it is somewhere in Texas?

4. ttm is no longer affiliated with csc or shaolin do....

his comments are grating and close minded to me. they lack in logical understanding of debate.

while your fervor for the art is commendable ttm your approach is atrocious.

as for shaolin do....it is real. it is comprehensive. it is no different than schools like green clouds. we teach a lot of material. we have roots in the temples.

if you doubt us do push hands with a master. spar a master. they are for real.

As for the gathering, I don't know what I could contribute to a martial lesson but what I could do is summarize the laws on martial arts, self-defense, weapons etc. of each state where you guys live so you guys can understand the ramnifications of using your material in your neighborhood.
    I think this is more of a get to know each other gathering....it's unofficial so rank means nothing as KC said....I think we all have something to offer,besides I kinda would like to know the ramnifications of what would happen if I popped somebody on stomach 9 for messing with my family

By the way have you noticed how the elusive Golden Tiger has been real elusive since we started talking about this gathering

Quote Originally Posted by BentMonk View Post
    OK, who's close enough to Louisville to give the bent old guy who doesn't drive a ride to this shindig?
    Don't worry if we get this put together we'll make sure you get there

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    It's a school in Texas...I'm sure Master Joe knows the scoop...maybe even Willow Sword. It looks like their using our "material by temple" list & not really teaching the same forms. Just google Bei Shaolin for their web site.?
    Like I said a few pages back, it looks like they just pulled the info about Shaolin off of a website, probably an SD one.

http://www.beishaolin.com/modules.ph...howpage&pid=15

Don't worry if we get this put together we'll make sure you get there
    Hey. Do you guys allow outsiders. I'm up for sparring, law lectures, etc.... . Ain't no shame in my game .

CS
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

It's a school in Texas...I'm sure Master Joe knows the scoop...maybe even Willow Sword. It looks like their using our "material by temple" list & not really teaching the same forms. Just google Bei Shaolin for their web site.

Hey JP the White Crane school you mentioned is it in Texas...GMS is looking for the son of one of his collegues that has a white crane school...he was told it is somewhere in Texas?

Doing research on this right now....
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

It's a school in Texas...I'm sure Master Joe knows the scoop...maybe even Willow Sword

Not really. Ive never heard of any sub Sd related school here in Austin or anywhere else in Texas for that matter. When it comes to the Shaolin name here in Texas, SD has cornered the market on that. But the general consensus about Sd in Austin with respect to the other TCMA schools is pretty much the same. No-one really harasses the SD folks in Austin because there is a respect for each others buisness and the need to make money and thats as far as it goes(what is said behind closed doors is a totally different matter).
    There was recently a martial arts convention here in Austin and SD was there. All the schools got together and did their thing and aside from all the sharing and coming together it was about making the money and getting the word out on the different schools here in austin(nothing wrong with that at all, this is America).

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=38482

Here's the thread that MS2 asked about this group. The thread has a link to the school that is in New York. As you can see, they are not doing our white crane forms, but they are very similar in the structure of the forms.

BQ, I still haven't found anything about the school in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Not really. Ive never heard of any sub Sd related school here in Austin or anywhere else in Texas for that matter. When it comes to the Shaolin name here in Texas, SD has cornered the market on that. But the general consensus about Sd in Austin with respect to the other TCMA schools is pretty much the same. No-one really harasses the SD folks in Austin because there is a respect for each others buisness and the need to make money and thats as far as it goes(what is said behind closed doors is a totally different matter).
    There was recently a martial arts convention here in Austin and SD was there. All the schools got together and did their thing and aside from all the sharing and coming together it was about making the money and getting the word out on the different schools here in austin(nothing wrong with that at all, this is America).

Peace,TWS
    A newby on here had run across their web site & was wanting to know what was up.
    Wasn't looking at it as a sub SD school...by looking at the web site I felt that they had just ripped our temple list...MK has stated the same. I just thought you might be familar with the school and could give us a little insite....not an opportunity to open your can of SD hate worms

Quote Originally Posted by Citong Shifu View Post
    Hey. Do you guys allow outsiders. I'm up for sparring, law lectures, etc.... . Ain't no shame in my game .

CS
    I don't have a problem with it, since it's unoffical...as far as I'm concerned anybodies welcome that has a love of CMA...and considering your lineage is out of the same temple it would be very interesting to have you along.

Doing research on this right now....
    Any idea of a name? There is a White Crane store afiliated with Aoma.edu and there is a small ma academy in the same group. The website mentions the White Crane store, but not the MA classes. I know it exists because it's near my house and I've walked around a few times.
    Last edited by Flaca; 10-18-2006 at 08:56 AM. Reason: wrong quote from BQ

I don't have a problem with it, since it's unoffical...as far as I'm concerned anybodies welcome that has a love of CMA...and considering your lineage is out of the same temple it would be very interesting to have you along.
    BQ, works for me. Please keep me informed. Do you know if your going to heading this way for the X-mas Hoildays? I'm looking forward to your visit...

CS
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!