View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 290 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1902402802882892902912923003403907901290 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

I still vote that the tattoed monk gets thrown out of SD, it's guys like him that represent the style in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    I still vote that the tattoed monk gets thrown out of SD, it's guys like him that represent the style in a bad way.
    From what I've read in his threads in the past, he is no longer affiliated with SD although he adamantly asserts that he supports Master Sin. So, technically, I think what you want to happen has already happened GC
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

For all his talk of supporting Grandmaster sin, and honoring his wishes, or however you want to put it....I really think TTM has no clue what GMS wants from his students.

As I've said before, he wants us to be ambassadors of the art...not soldiers. He wants us to spread the shaolin way with sincerity, openness, confidence and humility. I don't think GMS would EVER resort to verbally bashing someone because of a difference in opinion.

TTM - I agree with KFJ. I would also like to read up on all this information that has given you such a great insight as to why all these other people are wrong about what shaolin is and is not.

There is a shaolin-do book actually...

http://www.amazon.com/Shaolin-Do-Jam...e=UTF8&s=books

Not that it makes a big difference...and I'm aware that doesn't actually change the thrust of GC's point that SD exists outside the kung-fu mainstream. Also, I know several people who'd refute some of the author's (who apparently co-authored with GM Sin) points. Like the name shaolin-do being used for the school in Indonesia...and maybe a few more historical points.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthdrunk View Post
    For all his talk of supporting Grandmaster sin, and honoring his wishes, or however you want to put it....I really think TTM has no clue what GMS wants from his students.

As I've said before, he wants us to be ambassadors of the art...not soldiers. He wants us to spread the shaolin way with sincerity, openness, confidence and humility. I don't think GMS would EVER resort to verbally bashing someone because of a difference in opinion.

TTM - I agree with KFJ. I would also like to read up on all this information that has given you such a great insight as to why all these other people are wrong about what shaolin is and is not.
    While I do not agree with the SD bashing that goes on in this forum, I also realize that there is not much that can sway the pro and anti SD'ers one way or another. Both sides can argue and debate history and lineage until they are blue in the face, when the time could be better spent on discussing each other's art in a respectful way. In the past, when someone had a problem with a school, many times a challenge was issued, and the differences hopefully settled. Today, we have to settle for debating it over the internet, which obviously is not the best way to do it. The one thing that bother's me, and I have touched on it in my previous post, is that many automatically make the jump that when they hear someone is from a SD school, then they must be terrible martial artists, based on what little they have heard, seen on the internet, ect. I, like many other classmates, work very hard on our training, and I have seen what I believe is pretty crappy TCMA, as well as some very good technique. So we don't corner the market on that aspect. So, I would like to see us "agreeing to disagree" about what bothers us about SD vs. TCMA, and work towards the future of MA. We are all ambassadors to those who do not practice, or have an interest to do so. We should follow the example of what all great martial artists should strive towards, peace, respect, humility and the cultivation of our chosen art.

See Above

Quote Originally Posted by KungFu Student View Post
    While I do not agree with the SD bashing that goes on in this forum, I also realize that there is not much that can sway the pro and anti SD'ers one way or another. Both sides can argue and debate history and lineage until they are blue in the face, when the time could be better spent on discussing each other's art in a respectful way. In the past, when someone had a problem with a school, many times a challenge was issued, and the differences hopefully settled. Today, we have to settle for debating it over the internet, which obviously is not the best way to do it. The one thing that bother's me, and I have touched on it in my previous post, is that many automatically make the jump that when they hear someone is from a SD school, then they must be terrible martial artists, based on what little they have heard, seen on the internet, ect. I, like many other classmates, work very hard on our training, and I have seen what I believe is pretty crappy TCMA, as well as some very good technique. So we don't corner the market on that aspect. So, I would like to see us "agreeing to disagree" about what bothers us about SD vs. TCMA, and work towards the future of MA. We are all ambassadors to those who do not practice, or have an interest to do so. We should follow the example of what all great martial artists should strive towards, peace, respect, humility and the cultivation of our chosen art.
    Exactly. Well said.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

I'm really confused why my post was quoted with the above post.

So anyone have any idea as to WHO Tattoedmonk is? If he was a Texas SD Peep out of Shaefers School then i may know exactly who he is. If i am correct about this then i can kinda understand why everyone allows him to get under Their skin. If i am not correct then i have no idea.

TTM? Pm me and let me know, ill be discreet about it. as i am about KC's Identity. hehe i know exactly who he is .

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

He's never claimed to be out of Austin. I believe he said he's from somewhere out west...either LA or Colorado somewheres.

TWS - did you get to check out the big martial arts event that just passed in Austin. I hope they do it again when I'm home next year! If you did get to go, how was it? Anything particularly noteworthy?

I was out of town that weekend so No i did not attend. Given how i feel about SD now and Especially how i feel about Joe Shaefer, i wouldnt have gone to it anyway considering that the Sd crew and himself was there(and a judge in the internal and kung fu competitions).

I just assume not show up and be tempted to confront or sit there and wonder why Sd was allowed to be a judge in the TCMA and Internal competitions. Besides i had a better time rock climbing and cave crawling out at Enchanted Rock, the weather there was gorgeous

Peace, TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    I was out of town that weekend so No i did not attend. Given how i feel about SD now and Especially how i feel about Joe Shaefer, i wouldnt have gone to it anyway considering that the Sd crew and himself was there(and a judge in the internal and kung fu competitions).

I just assume not show up and be tempted to confront or sit there and wonder why Sd was allowed to be a judge in the TCMA and Internal competitions. Besides i had a better time rock climbing and cave crawling out at Enchanted Rock, the weather there was gorgeous

Peace, TWS
    Ummm, MJ was out of town too, so didn't attend the Martial Arts Festival. SD was invited by the organizer, and I see the organizer used MJ's picture, but he didn't attend. Your choice of words is interesting: MJ was asked to judge, not allowed...
    I know of only one person who did attend, but he didn't have much to say.
    http://www.amafest.org/

Lmao

I was just at Barns nad Noble there are no books on SD idiot.
    did I say that it was to be found in a book at barnes and noble or a book on Shaolin specifically??

Cool Still Lmao

This has already happened .I was kicked out of CSC"S...

however I was offered by a few masters in SDA to join their schools..still have yet to decide.....

...I do not represent the art in a bad way ...just different

...I do not do martial arts for the money or fame .....and I dislike politics.

I do martial arts for what they were intended for and that is the way I teach.

If I seem a little harsh or out of lines at times ..oh well

there have always been masters/ teachers like me....

...even in the movies there are masters/ teachers who were like me ...and usually they were the best and turned out the best students / disciples....

why is this???

and why is it that these guys are the favorite in the movies even though they are out casts/ renegades??

Because they eliminate all the non intrinsic elements and do not care about anything other than what truely matters.

Wink I am not who you think I am....

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    So anyone have any idea as to WHO Tattoedmonk is? If he was a Texas SD Peep out of Shaefers School then i may know exactly who he is. If i am correct about this then i can kinda understand why everyone allows him to get under Their skin. If i am not correct then i have no idea.

TTM? Pm me and let me know, ill be discreet about it. as i am about KC's Identity. hehe i know exactly who he is .

Peace,TWS
    sorry not a chance...it does not matter anyway....

Cool Lmao....

Quote Originally Posted by ninthdrunk View Post

I know what Master Sin wants from his students he has told me personally many times...

the great thing about Master Sin is that he influences people but does not try to change them. He accepts people for who they are...he knows very well how I am and knows that I am yang compared to the Yin within the system ( or visa versa ...just depends on your perspective) The art needs soldiers too. this is the duality of our existance....

He never questioned my devotion to the art or to him. I made mistakes while was in the art...mostly because of politics...I do not believe that just because someone is given rank/ power that they should abuse it....nor do I believe that just because someone is given rank /power that they are deserving of it...especially if it is given because someone knows how to kiss a lot of A$$!!

I was betrayed and lied about to have me removed from the CSC"S. and was never asked or had a chance to explain or defend myself...

The CSC organization uses fear to get their students to follow rules rather than teaching the proper discipline to foster the skills neccesary to become a superior martial artist... they mass produce students in cookie cutter form and if you do not follow that form to the "T" then you risk losing everything within the program, rank, friends , etc.

I use tactics against people that use them against me ......sometimes you have to use yin against yang or yang against yang ( this has been my method off and on ) or yang against yin or yin against yin ....it just depends on the situation...