View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 296 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1962462862942952962972983063463967961296 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin
    Nice to see your still alive...you kinda disappeared when we started talking about a gathering.

Gathering? What gathering? Why wasn't I informed of this gathering? I would have shown up if someone had told me but no one told me so I guess I missed it. Next time, just invite MK in my place. He has learned all my secrets and will represent me well.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    Gathering? What gathering? Why wasn't I informed of this gathering? I would have shown up if someone had told me but no one told me so I guess I missed it. Next time, just invite MK in my place. He has learned all my secrets and will represent me well.
    I see you still remember your Pakua ......what do you think JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    It hasn't happened yet, and you're still invited. MK will be the guest of honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

To those of y'all partying over the weekend for Halloween:

have a blast, keep safe, and most importantly:

WATCH OUT FOR ZOMBIES!!

Turn Your Clocks Back!

No...MOST importantly is turn your clocks back!

sas five second knockout

Anyone heard of the SAS five second knockout?
    Supposedly a very good technique....
    "Let's get the hell out of here" - J. T. Kirk. in City on the Edge of Forever

"you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, PUNK?" Harry Callahan

"Mens Sana In Corpore Sano"

Follow the advice of Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly, but carry a big stick".

"Regulate the breath, and thereby control the mind."
    -- B.K.S. Iyengar

Question Sas

You mean the British "Special Air Service"?

sas five second knockout

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    You mean the British "Special Air Service"?
    Yes.

here's more:

he SAS five second knockout
    (thing) by DMan (4.9 y) (print) ? 1 C! Thu May 25 2000 at 12:50:05

An unarmed self-defense technique advised by the SAS (Special Air Service). Although brutal, it is highly effective, and will take down almost any assailant. Personally, I'd rather be armed than unarmed if I'm caught in a situation like this. Screw gun control. In any case, here it is.

1. Since most people are right-handed, their first attack is likely to a right-handed punch. Block it with your left arm. If the attacker is left-handed, reverse the left-rights in this sequence of moves.

2. Continuing the blocking motion of your left arm, continue with a two-finger jab to the eyes. Although this is a very brutal move, it is extremely important to throw the attacker off balance and hence allow you to follow up with the rest of the sequence, and this does an excellent job. Anyways, better him than you.

3. The last move should have left the attacker wide open. Follow up with a right-handed palm strike to the chin. This should put the attacker on the ground and convince him to leave.

4. If the person is still unconvinced, step forward with your left leg, swing your body around, lean in and strike with your left elbow on the chin or face. Use your hips to maximize the force of the attack. This usually guarantees a knockout.

5. If somehow the person is still acting hostile, step in, grab his shoulders, and knee him in the groin as hard as you can. At this point, you can simply walk away.

This technique has been tried and tested. However, hesitation at any step would ruin the sequence and open you to attack. Admittedly, some of these moves are very violent, but it is self-defense, after all. Practice it and make it one fluid motion. It will discourage any attacker.

"you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, PUNK?" Harry Callahan

-- B.K.S. Iyengar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardocameron View Post
    Yes.

here's more:

he SAS five second knockout
    (thing) by DMan (4.9 y) (print) ? 1 C! Thu May 25 2000 at 12:50:05

An unarmed self-defense technique advised by the SAS (Special Air Service). Although brutal, it is highly effective, and will take down almost any assailant. Personally, I'd rather be armed than unarmed if I'm caught in a situation like this. Screw gun control. In any case, here it is.

1. Since most people are right-handed, their first attack is likely to a right-handed punch. Block it with your left arm. If the attacker is left-handed, reverse the left-rights in this sequence of moves.

2. Continuing the blocking motion of your left arm, continue with a two-finger jab to the eyes. Although this is a very brutal move, it is extremely important to throw the attacker off balance and hence allow you to follow up with the rest of the sequence, and this does an excellent job. Anyways, better him than you.

3. The last move should have left the attacker wide open. Follow up with a right-handed palm strike to the chin. This should put the attacker on the ground and convince him to leave.

4. If the person is still unconvinced, step forward with your left leg, swing your body around, lean in and strike with your left elbow on the chin or face. Use your hips to maximize the force of the attack. This usually guarantees a knockout.

5. If somehow the person is still acting hostile, step in, grab his shoulders, and knee him in the groin as hard as you can. At this point, you can simply walk away.

This technique has been tried and tested. However, hesitation at any step would ruin the sequence and open you to attack. Admittedly, some of these moves are very violent, but it is self-defense, after all. Practice it and make it one fluid motion. It will discourage any attacker.
    That works all the time in the UFC.

What, they expect the other person to not put up a fight?
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

This Sounds Familiar

This is very similar to some of the one step techniques that are taught at SD's blue belt level. We drill them faster, harder, and with more resistance as the student progresses. We also stress the difference between sparring and fighting.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

After the eye-jabs, you can kick them where-ever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    After the eye-jabs, you can kick them where-ever you want.
    Very true. It's all about stunning them. If you've seen "Knock Around Guys" Vin Diesel uses a head butt very effectively to begin a serious beat down.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Let this thread die.

You should let this thread die. The question of this thread cannot be answered to the satisfaction of both sides. Plus, you are talking about different topics. Just stat a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BentMonk View Post
    This is very similar to some of the one step techniques that are taught at SD's blue belt level. We drill them faster, harder, and with more resistance as the student progresses. We also stress the difference between sparring and fighting.

Yeah, i like those, especially #6 and #8(simple), but hell if i'm trying #3 with that back- double-block-spin-hook action. Yikes! I LOVE #2 and 4 though, and 5 with the kick and chop like an expanded on Ippon #5

I've seen our # 10 Tech. knife defenses elsewhere, even in Western MA , such as in Talhoffer's Fechtbuch (Fightbook). BTW, you'd be surprised at how advanced Western Rennaisance Martial Arts actually were!! Sword, staff, dagger, even wrestling and Grappling...Check out WWW.THEARMA.COM
    Ton's of cool stuff there.
    Love to study this stuff, too!! I need sooo many lifetimes.....

-- B.K.S. Iyengar

Question ricardocameron

Out of curiosity, why are you so interested in this SAS "Five Second Knockout"? You've been posting this question on threads across the board.