View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 305 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2052552953033043053063073153554058051305 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Almost made a mistake....I think...

Man, I've been following this thread almost since when I began training in SD. I've wanted to learn the Eight Immortals system, and CSC is the only school that teaches it anywhere in my area (yeah, I know, it'll take a while to get there--but I'm willing to work for it). I became skeptical as to SD's intents, and the ability of its students, even though they gave me no reason to (i.e. often beat the crap out of me)and I enjoyed my training immensely---just because I'd been following this thread. Since then, I've been introduced to several styles in elementary forms, and some a little more complex. The 3 bird (dove?) forms of brown belt and the cranes are definitely right up my alley (yeah, I'm one of those athletic, really flexible/quick guys). My sparring has changed greatly. I've always used my animals first (tiger, usually), even before straight up boxing (the kickboxing we're accused of displaying) . But bird has become my MO. It's best suited to me. Funny how that happens. You want one thing, but find something better suited for you in the process.

So if there is a strength to SD's approach to teaching, it's just that. You might think that you know what you want, but ultimately, you don't always know what you want. And as for its effectiveness in teaching everyone---well, it sucks. But it's the right way to teach the right kinds of students.

Anyway.....I've decided to stick with it, and I fully trust my instructors at this point. Do I really have a choice? Not sure. Still debating that one. All I know is that their senior students absolutely destroy me in sparring. I've picked up a lot of fighting knowledge and philosophy, and have become infinitely better at what I do. Our best fighters are usually mantis and internal guys/gals, but I know by now that that's not my cup of tea. But with 3 schools in Atlanta/MetroATL, I've found several "mentors" to get me along on my particular path. If I can fight in my birds like they do--which is to say, completely effictively--I'll consider it success enough for me. Until then, I'll keep practicing everything else as well, and look forward to the Immortals.

So, I decided yesterday to write a post collecting all the information contained in the thread as it pertained to SD, like a compendium of supposition and surmise. It utilized both pros and cons. It was twice the length allowed by KFM's engine, and I considered breaking it up, but had to leave work right then. So I saved it in Word, and intended to post it this morning. When I thought about it last night though, I kept hearing the tone of the post in my head--it read like a human interest story. I sounded incredibly human; it was a martial art that had its controversies and hardships, its triumphs and downfalls---and I decided not to post it, unless anyone actually wants to read it. When it all comes together, all those little SD inconsistencies kind of reinforce each other and explain each other. It's funny....it all sounded so disparaging at first, when I stumbled on this train wreck thread. But it kind of educated me to the game we've got here.

And now, all I can say is this (ala JP, GT, KC, BQlin...): I love to train. I just want to train. I love what I'm doing. If I could, I would marry it.

Anyway....that's that. They've managed to sucker in a skeptic (oh, and I am such a snarling little skeptic, at that.)

Good luck, guys. The story doesn't matter anymore. Nor do the cosmetics. SD is SD. It isn't anything else. All the rest is just fashion, nothing more.

Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu View Post
    Wow, that horse must be really tall.

Here one more time before I put you on ignore.
    Your post

My quote:

Now using short and to the point sentences is quite okay for you. I use the same exact posting method and look here:

Now after all of this here is my

The yawn was in response to the "fork lets fight" smart alec comment. Yet, I do explain in a respectful manner my position.

Then you start ranting about how I should respect you, I'm anonymous, too much posting, and I wouldn't talk to you this way in person.

Get your facts straight.
    I noticed you never answered my PM and that says all I needed to know.
    Instead you speak f e c e s in public.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

I have no idea what you guys are arguing about now, since Torts and Contracts are kicking my ass....but since people are calling each other names again...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Don't be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    I noticed you never answered my PM and that says all I needed to know.
    Instead you speak f e c e s in public.
    Yep, thats me I don't answer PM's never sent. Remember the system can check and see what PM's are sent and recieved.

I tell you what you send it, I'll answer it. Last PM I recieved was from a poster on another thread.

I know you are angry and still upset about internet respect but please, don't lie to make yourself look better.

I'll chalk it up to a mis-spelling of my handle right now and give you the benefit of the doubt.

Thank you for all of your kind words.
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 12-09-2006 at 09:11 PM.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Nanana Nanana Nanana

ROCKY 6 COMES OUT THE 20TH OF Dec. Who is going to see it ??? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

I am not angry I was hoping to meet and see if your boxing skill equals your typing skill but I am sure you are too busy living in some remote backwater wrestling gattors or skinning a coon.

I don't get angry and I don't need your respect. I've sent 3 PM's so far all unanswered and I do not need to make myself look better as I look too good already.
    You haven't sent any PMs to me quit lying.

Let me know if you want to come to my state since ,you've challenged me.

Here, this way it can be set up in a nuetral location.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Thank you for all of your kind words.
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 12-09-2006 at 09:12 PM.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

You haven't sent any PMs to me quit lying.

Let me know if you want to come to my state since ,you've challenged me.

Here, this way it can be set up in a nuetral location.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31
    So what now I have to sign up on another forum to play hands with you?

Ha ha ha!
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

So what now I have to sign up on another forum to play hands with you?

Ha ha ha!
    It is up to you what you want to do. I honestly don't care.

You'll be traveling so you let me know. I know their PM system work. When you lie about sending them they will call you on it.

So, you decide when you have free time. This way you have 2 places to send your imaginary emails.

Quote Originally Posted by lxtruong View Post
    I have no idea what you guys are arguing about now, since Torts and Contracts are kicking my ass....
    Torts and contracts? Why would you do that to yourself?

KC, I'll probably watch Rocky 6 on DVD later. Sky and I have been upgrading our home theatre since we figured we wouldn't be going to the movies that often with the little one. Fearless is being released on HDDVD soon. Come over and watch it with me, then we'll go through some of our material....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

It is up to you what you want to do. I honestly don't care.

You'll be traveling so you let me know. I know their PM system work. When you lie about sending them they will call you on it.

So, you decide when you have free time. This way you have 2 places to send your imaginary emails.

I don't lie.

With that said if you ever figure out how to read your Private messages then please print each one out, fold it into large sharp triangles and stick it up your personality port.

I asked you to play hands, to box with me and you direct me to another internet forum.

Such a viscous, anonymous, godzilla, typer. Grrrrr!!!

Ok;
    I just read all of your post to this forum. Guess what I discovered?

You have never contributed ONE OUNCE of content about martial art or martial essence.

All of your post are personality based or politic related.

NOTHING furthering the study of the arts, no insights into practice or form.

Tells me you have no knowledge, you can't fight, you have no skill except viscous, anonymous, godzilla, typer skills!! POSER!!!!!!!

Not worth my time master typer. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! I have female students who would wipe the floor with you. Hahahahahahhahahahahaaaaaaa!

The end.....
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 12-10-2006 at 07:21 AM.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Just like you chasing all over the internet, on multiple forums defending your honor, looking for respect.

Whatever. I like how I've accepted Twice (3 time now) yet you can't answer. Well, if I supposedly won't answer your PM's put it on the thread. You've already challenged me in the open on this thread.

Why is it so hard to say what you need to say here. Oh because you are so mad you'll be cursing.

Why do you have to hide behind the PM system for?

When you learn how to stop typing with your lips you let me know.

I'm done ruining this thread. Go ahead and get the last word, I can see exactly what you are, read my previous post again.
    Last edited by godzillakungfu; 12-11-2006 at 12:26 AM.

Long

Quote Originally Posted by lxtruong View Post
    I have no idea what you guys are arguing about now, since Torts and Contracts are kicking my ass....but since people are calling each other names again...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Don't be that guy.
    How're you doing?

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    ROCKY 6 COMES OUT THE 20TH OF Dec. Who is going to see it ??? KC
    Hey KC how's the little one!!!!
    I'm like JP I'll wait till it comes out on video.
    When are you coming in town?
    BQ