View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 317 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2172673073153163173183193273674178171317 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Sin the movie

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    Haven’t they been talking about this for years? What's the deal with that?
    Last I heard, he's trying to raise the finances, other than that I don't know. Has he a movie company interested in his project yet?
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    He's working with one in China at this time.
    BQ
    Kewl! Is it "Golden Harvest"? That would be awesome!
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Where's GM Su Kong?
    he is right there at the top of the page ...
    http://www.shaolincenter.com/lineage.html

http://www.shaolincenter.com/grandmaster_ie.html
    <<Ie Chang Ming inherited the immense body of Shaolin knowledge as a master at the Fukien temple and received the Grandmaster title after the burning of the last temple from Great Grandmaster Su Kong Tai Djin. Grandmaster Ming left China and settled in Bandung, Indonesia where he began to teach the Shaolin art.>>

The SDA website list all schools of GMS and their Masters.....SDA or NON-SDA
    BQ
    http://shaolin-do.com/schools/schoollocations.shtml
    the sda page has always to my knowledge had a full list of shaolin do schools. i think the confusion is/was that only sda masters have their photos on the sda page. i see no problem with that though since it is the "sda" page ...

best,

b
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Shoalin-Do

Hi you all!
    I'm now training for about 4 years in Kung Fu, (How Chuen), and now I’m also training in Choy Li Fut.
    I'm actually from Holland but I’ve read all over the internet the incredible claims of shoalin-do. And grandmaster The.
    My sifu also was taught the art of How Chuen in Bandung, Indonesia. By Le Chiang Ming.
    Now he's an older guy and only recently discovered the Internet. And was amazed by the vast amount of things you can look up there:P.
    And called me one day: “look what I had found! I was taught by his father in my early days, I should e-mail him!"

He has the same claims and stories grandmaster The has about the hairy kungfu monk and how his students fled and le chiang ming came to Bandung.

We also use the Japanese Gi, white Gi, black pants, and yes we do use a belting system. It's way cheaper here and more robust, so it's practical.
    And about the belting system: "Asians can look into someone's eyes and see what someone is capable of, but western people don't". And western people need motivation in the beginning.
    And for him it's also easy to see, who knows what.

I can confirm that they had to teach everything in secret, because it was illegal back then. Although he never ***** a Gi or used Japanese terms (we don’t use Japanese terms in our class).
    He teaches kungfu techniques from a couple of styles he calls it kungfu, he never says: I teach shoalin kungfu or claims to teach a complete shoalin system.

Now my master also was taught in Fu Kuen, and later on by Sifu Meijers (or Sifu Tze) in Lung Chuen.
    So he was not only taught there, he went to Thailand and Hong Kong to find new masters and learn from other styles.
    You maybe surprised but within the group of monks who fled (including Le Chiang Ming) there where two monks who where experts in the art of monkey, and there where also two monks who where experts in the art of the dragon (lung Chuen).

Now my master doesn't advertise his story, although sometimes he shares a few stories here and there.
    I've experienced over 4 different styles: Ishin-Ryu Karate, Kung Fu (how Chuen), Modern Wushu and Choy Li Fut. So I know what is karate and what is kungfu.

What I am teaching with How Chuen is definitely no karate what so ever. Circular, fast movements. A lot of techniques, only shorter, like Choy Li Fut(it's a southern short-range system).

But I am able to confirm from three sources that those stories are true, or at least do have a huge portion of truthfulness’.
    And they haven't spoken since decades so it's not some kind of major fraud.
    I also saw the pictures from Indonesia, and a famous Judo champion from Holland also went there to Bandung in the 60's to learn some techniques from small Chinese men. So, yes it exists, and yes Le Chiang Ming is (was, he was 83 or so when my master was his student) a real person.
    I don't know shoalin-do. And I also think they have incredible claims, but I only tell you what I have heard from my master and have seen on his photos. And they seem pretty compatible.
    Last edited by WhiteEarp; 01-24-2007 at 07:17 AM.

Nice to meet you WhiteEarp. I'm glad to hear from a source outside of Shaolin Do confirming at least part of our history. Do you have any of those photos available? I would like to see them, especially those with GM Ie Chang Ming in them. The only picture I've seen of him is a portrait painting, which you can see in any Shaolin Do web site.
    - Aristotle

- Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Lamassu View Post
    Do you have any of those photos available? I would like to see them, especially those with GM Ie Chang Ming in them.
    Me too! I've also thought it was very strange that there are no pictures of such an important master .

WhiteEarp,

Very nice to meet you. I too am looking forward to your insight on this never-ending topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Where the heck is TWS Hey you out there TWS????? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Thumbs up You guys/girls are sooo lucky

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Me too! I've also thought it was very strange that there are no pictures of such an important master .
    Well to be frankly, i'll have to scan them first(they didn't use digital camera's back then ).
    And ofcourse ask permission! but since he is thinking and talkin' about designing his own website(wich he wants me to build) and ofcourse upload his pictures. I'm pretty sure i can post them here
    I think i'll get it done by Saturday:-).

You are so kewl WhiteEarp!!! You're really doing a great service to all us Shaolin Do practitioners. I want to thank you, now for bringing and reaffirming this history to us. I look forward to seeing the your Master's new website!
    - Aristotle

- Arthur C. Clarke

Nice to hear your perspective on this WhiteEarp. Please don't be insulted when SD detractors claim you only exist as an alternative persona of someone studying shaolin-do.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

So I decided to take a break from the White Tiger troll war and say that I think Shaolin-Do is decidedly fake.

All of you people claiming Shaolin-Do are really just one guy with a broadband internet connection and Photoshop who has a lot of time on his hands, creating images of schools, people training, seminars and all of that, and a ton of websites, to continue perpetuating this hoax.

So there.

Invite

Hey Lung the invite to come to Tennessee is still here. You know I figured you would finish your last post with NANA POO POO . kc
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Hey Lung the invite to come to Tennessee is still here. You know I figured you would finish your last post with NANA POO POO . kc
    I've almost got some people convinced that Chinese are really eskimos too, and China is really a big city up by Alaska. I just gotta get some video documentary evidence done, but I should have it put together by tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    So I decided to take a break from the White Tiger troll war and say that I think Shaolin-Do is decidedly fake.

All of you people claiming Shaolin-Do are really just one guy with a broadband internet connection and Photoshop who has a lot of time on his hands, creating images of schools, people training, seminars and all of that, and a ton of websites, to continue perpetuating this hoax.

So there.
    LUNG....your slipping.....your usually better at aggravating than this
    BQ