View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 376 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476876 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Defensive Much?

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    1. If you have not seen much and do not know anything about it, then you might as well have seen nothing and obviously know nothing about which you are talking about....sorry.
    I've been a CMA stylist for 18 years - I know when I see it.

4. As for the @$$ whipping part ,I am refering to the same techniques that are in the same forms taught in SD and other CMA /Kung Fu Schools , and how they are applied.
    Oh so you mean that you punch and kick - so does my 3 year old and with about the same technique that I've seen from SD. There are similar techniques in Karate but you don't see them saying it's CMA because IT'S NOT. Boxers jab and cross - Thai throws round houses, front kicks but they don't call it CMA and SD does something but they call it CMA - go figure - don't be a poser - be proud of who you are!

5. Last but not least I did not say that CMA was taught at 7th or 8th I said that CLF was. Learn how to read and comprehend.
    You debate about as good as the BFP guys. With as comprehensive as system as CLF is - and the techniques contained within - for a system that claims to be the most complete (per their website) why would CLF not be introduced until so late.

Obviously the voltage was pretty high in the SD Brainwave Chair. You're not going to ever understand what anyone here has to say as you have this vision of what it is you are or have learned and I understand it's difficult to come to the realization that all your years of "shaolin" training is...well...not.

How about a simpler question... which of the CLF bagua hand sets taught in SD since SD encompasses CLF??

He can't do this because he's only at 6th CLF isn't introduced until the 7th ask him again next year when this thread reaches 1000 pages.
    "To know you don't know is best.
    Not to know you don't know is a flaw.
    Therefore, the Sage's not being flawed
    Stems from his recognizing a flaw as a flaw.
    Therefore, he is flawless."

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    You have what??

It does what??

These answers are a little vague.
    I'm confused, what's this latest pi$$ing contest about again?
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Lamassu View Post
    I've actually not wet my pants or anybody else's...

I'm just asking questions. Simple ones really.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by djcaldwell View Post
    Defensive Much?

I've been a CMA stylist for 18 years - I know when I see it.

Oh so you mean that you punch and kick - so does my 3 year old and with about the same technique that I've seen from SD. There are similar techniques in Karate but you don't see them saying it's CMA because IT'S NOT. Boxers jab and cross - Thai throws round houses, front kicks but they don't call it CMA and SD does something but they call it CMA - go figure - don't be a poser - be proud of who you are!

You debate about as good as the BFP guys. With as comprehensive as system as CLF is - and the techniques contained within - for a system that claims to be the most complete (per their website) why would CLF not be introduced until so late.

Obviously the voltage was pretty high in the SD Brainwave Chair. You're not going to ever understand what anyone here has to say as you have this vision of what it is you are or have learned and I understand it's difficult to come to the realization that all your years of "shaolin" training is...well...not.

He can't do this because he's only at 6th CLF isn't introduced until the 7th ask him again next year when this thread reaches 1000 pages.
    1. So what have you seen of SD that makes you come to these conclusions??
    2. Not just punches and kicks . the stances ,the movements, the distributions of weight , energy, etc.
    3. Because at that level you get complete systems to master. CLF is Just one available system to master.

So what is your definintion of CMA then??

And for your petty little insults...whatever.

By the way I did not say I was sixth, I said I have learned all the material up to sixth. What is wrong wth your reading and comprehension skills??

Actually CLF is part of SD from what I have heard. I understand that EML has most of the whole system taught to him by GMT. SD is more like any CMA and kung fu than most of you might realize. You will never know until you are on the inside and on the receiving end of an @$$whipping. You all focus on the non intrinsic aspects , which really sucks for you. By the way I have material up to sixth , so it is probably taught around 7th or 8th, if it is true
    I have never heard that. I think that Sean has a bit of perspective on both SD and CLF, so I'll leave that topic to those that know more than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

That's a great cut & paste for taiji jings, but that's not what I asked about. I asked about the CLF gings.

How about a simpler question... which of the CLF bagua hand sets taught in SD since SD encompasses CLF??

Also could you give me a heads up on noi lim sao? I'm trying to make it work & it's just not there yet...
    What are the names of these GINGS? I might know them under different names for emitting energy than you do but the actions and the energies are the same, if not similar??

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I have never heard that. I think that Sean has a bit of perspective on both SD and CLF, so I'll leave that topic to those that know more than me.
    Like I said it is just what I heard. I do not know if it is true or not, because at that level the material is taught in secret and is not advertised. But I have some reliable sources.

And he( sean) said that he knew nothing about SD except for that which he had seen , which as he admitted, was very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamassu View Post
    Well it seems that some CLF guys, after their extensive study into SD, **rolls eyes** have come to the conclusion that it is not CMA and doe not have any similarities to CLF. Same $h!t as usual.

What are the names of these GINGS? I might know them under different names for emitting energy than you do but the actions and the energies are the same, if not similar??
    You know them or you don't. I'm not here to educate you on something you don't know. Based on the cut & paste job from the taiji jings, that speaks volumes on its own.

You still haven't answered me on the 5 Animal set, Bagua sets or noi lim sao. When you reached 5th, did you get special classes question aversion?
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Now...

After studying SD for over 15 years, studying CLF under Doc Fei Wong for the last 6 months, as well as many other reputable CMA masters I have come to the conclusion that yes SD is real Shaolin , although it has been modified and adapted for modern day usage. I admit that it has less of a "Chinese" feel to it than other syles I have done, but I would say that a few of the reasons for this are because of the large body of material that is taught and the amount of time that you have to learn it in , as well as the Indonesia importation factor.

Like I said it is just what I heard. I do not know if it is true or not, because at that level the material is taught in secret and is not advertised. But I have some reliable sources.
    Heresay... right. Reliable sources.

Could your reliable sources tell you if the 5 Body Shape sets of CLF is taught in SD?

And he( sean) said that he knew nothing about SD except for that which he had seen , which as he admitted, was very little.
    Guess you missed lessons in humility too. I earned my 2nd degree in SD before I left.

After studying SD for over 15 years, studying CLF under Doc Fei Wong for the last 6 months, as well as many other reputable CMA masters I have come to the conclusion that yes SD is real Shaolin , although it has been modified and adapted for modern day usage. I admit that it has less of a "Chinese" feel to it than other syles I have done, but I would say that a few of the reasons for this are because of the large body of material that is taught and the amount of time that you have to learn it in , as well as the Indonesia importation factor.
    Ohhh.... so now you study CLF under GM Wong?? Were you in NoCal last month?? My sifu apparently missed you. Since we're CLF relatives now, why don't you PM me your name??

Well it seems that some CLF guys, after their extensive study into SD, **rolls eyes** have come to the conclusion that it is not CMA and doe not have any similarities to CLF. Same $h!t as usual.

Right except some of us do have SD training & more insight on things than you know.

You know them or you don't. I'm not here to educate you on something you don't know. Based on the cut & paste job from the taiji jings, that speaks volumes on its own.

You still haven't answered me on the 5 Animal set, Bagua sets or noi lim sao. When you reached 5th, did you get special classes question aversion?
    I cut them from my blog. What about the five animal set?? what about the bagua sets?

Heresay... right. Reliable sources.

Could your reliable sources tell you if the 5 Body Shape sets of CLF is taught in SD?

Guess you missed lessons in humility too. I earned my 2nd degree in SD before I left.
    Yes, it is heresay and I said that from the beginning, I am sure if they had that type of information they could tell me. My source is reliable.

Earned or bought your second degree??

As for humility , it does not sound like you have much there yourself. I have plenty , maybe not as much as I should have but there is still time I am still young. ,but that is what gives me the edge. Maybe you can teach me some, ehh??