View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 377 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477877 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I cut them from my blog. What about the five animal set?? what about the bagua sets?
    You haven't answered my questions that I asked earlier.

Let me repost them...

Ask where the 5 Animal form comes from at your 4th to 5th degree.

and

How about a simpler question... which of the CLF bagua hand sets taught in SD since SD encompasses CLF??

I still have no answer for them.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Yes, it is heresay and I said that from the beginning, I am sure if they had that type of information they could tell me. My source is reliable.
    Cool... so it shouldn't be that hard to ask them since you stated without doubt that CLF is taught as a subset of SD.

Earned or bought your second degree??
    I dunno... paid for the test, took the test, got the belt & same certificate as you have. Ask yourself the same question.

As for humility , it does not sound like you have much there yourself. I have plenty , maybe not as much as I should have but there is still time I am still young. ,but that is what gives me the edge. Maybe you can teach me some, ehh??
    Nah I doubt it... you're not in any mental frame to learn right now. Maybe in a year or two, but right now, you can't learn.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

cjurakpt Guest
    ok, I'll bite - are there any links to any of the SD forms out there just for the sake of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    ok, I'll bite - are there any links to any of the SD forms out there just for the sake of curiosity?
    There was at least at one time on the Denver site.

www.shao-lin.com and look for some festival.

Like I said it is just what I heard. I do not know if it is true or not, because at that level the material is taught in secret and is not advertised. But I have some reliable sources.

And he( sean) said that he knew nothing about SD except for that which he had seen , which as he admitted, was very little.
    You mis-read that. I know him. He's had quite the bit of training in SD and CLF. I don't always agree with his opinions on SD now, but I can't argue with him on CLF. Aside from our 5 animal form, nothing in SD reminds me of CLF aside from the random technique here and there. I would be curious to compare our butterfly knife set to theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post

http://www.shao-lin.com/Category.cfm?CategoryID=13

Pay particular attention to the "Shao-Lin Grandmaster" video.

cjurakpt Guest

sigh...I wish I hadn't looked;

it would have been fun to see what would have happened if they had shown up and competed at something like NACMAF or Jeff Bolt's tournaments (I assume that they don't participate in any of the current TCMA tourneys either)

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    http://www.shao-lin.com/Category.cfm?CategoryID=13

Pay particular attention to the "Shao-Lin Grandmaster" video.
    that's the famous Epileptic Crane, if I am not mistaken...

it would have been fun to see what would have happened if they had shown up and competed at something like NACMAF or Jeff Bolt's tournaments (I assume that they don't participate in any of the current TCMA tourneys either)
    Of course not. Haven't you seen their mission statement?

"If your primary interest is tournament skills, I advise you to seek your training elsewhere! Most of what you will learn here is too lethal for tournament use. I teach the ancient system of Shaolin Do, 'Art of survival, not of sport.' As did the immortals, we should learn to destroy so that we may preserve! It is a way of truth. The knowledge that I offer you is not an athletic training; it is a sacred trust." --Shaolin Grandmaster Sin Kwang The'

The Annual Sin The' Karate Tournament®™ point-sparring matches must be like X-mas for the local morgue.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 06-06-2007 at 12:31 PM.

... at that level the material is taught in secret and is not advertised. But I have some reliable sources.
    As I'm sure many will agree - the "secret" is that there is not real secret. Anyone who tells you they are going to teach you "secrets" is nonsense.
    "To know you don't know is best.
    Not to know you don't know is a flaw.
    Therefore, the Sage's not being flawed
    Stems from his recognizing a flaw as a flaw.
    Therefore, he is flawless."

I have. Some schools do. There is a difference from school to school in the quality of instruction. Not saying that I'm that good (never pretended to be) but I will put myself out there from time to time.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by djcaldwell View Post
    As I'm sure many will agree - the "secret" is that there is not real secret. Anyone who tells you they are going to teach you "secrets" is nonsense.
    I agree. There are things that aren't taught until a certain amount of time and effort have been put in and students shouldn't go around bragging about what they are being taught as opposed to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by djcaldwell View Post
    I agree , but that is not what I wrote. READ IT AGAIN.

That's a great cut & paste for taiji jings, but that's not what I asked about. I asked about the CLF gings.

How about a simpler question... which of the CLF bagua hand sets taught in SD since SD encompasses CLF??

Also could you give me a heads up on noi lim sao? I'm trying to make it work & it's just not there yet...
    You are refering to the second stage of training( noi lim sau) the internal hands I believe? I am not there in CLF but I have learned it in Ba gua and other arts.

You are refering to the second stage of training( noi lim sau) the internal hands I believe? I am not there in CLF but I have learned it in Ba gua and other arts.

Nice try from www.clfsd.com/kung.html ...

No I was wanting to hear about the way SD teaches noi lim sao in their CLF curriculum since according to you via reliable heresay they have the complete system to teach out.
    Last edited by sean_stonehart; 06-06-2007 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Wasn't finished