View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 408 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508908 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Let's keep it clean, boys.

I have personal opinions but i will not express them here. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I have personal opinions but i will not express them here. KC
    You could always PM me. I am always interested in peoples opinions. You were refering to the bat falls to the ground , correct??

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Let's keep it clean, boys.
    Yes ma'am.

Master Grooms always garners different opinions, but that's because of his 'strong' personality. I will say that his applications are top notch. He can use what he teaches even if he performs some of the forms differently than I have been taught.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

*sigh* Have to admit I'd agree with the assessments on the M. Grooms clip... with the caveat that there is only so much one can glean from just watching a video of someone doing the form...

I'm also analyzing a video series on Jiang Bagua by a guy named Gerald Sharp, who had the adopted daughter of Jiang Rong Qiao as one of his teachers. So far I'm actually more impressed with the Luo Jinhua video (if one can get past the goofy english translation), but that may change as I watch them more.

Quote Originally Posted by arinathos.valin View Post

Master Luo JinHua doing the same Jiang style. The music is cheesy, but I love the form...
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=icwEuTHsDKM
    I actually have this video... he breaks each part down into segments in the later parts, showing some of the fajing inherent in the form. Might look 'wushu'ish from the short video, but it looks like he's got a very good grasp on the principles and applications!
    Nice video clip! But, what do you mean the music is cheesy? I quite like it!

We have seen Pa Kua and Tai Chi clips from Master Grooms and Bruce. Both from Atlanta. Can someone in KY post a Pa Kua and/or Tai Chi clip of Master Leonard or Master Price?

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Whip View Post
    We have seen Pa Kua and Tai Chi clips from Master Grooms and Bruce. Both from Atlanta. Can someone in KY post a Pa Kua and/or Tai Chi clip of Master Leonard or Master Price?
    M. Grooms & Bruce posted their own clips on youtube.......EML has no You Tube clips nor any desire to....also, he could care less about any of this (including the marketing part MK)
    BQ
    Last edited by Baqualin; 07-09-2007 at 10:56 AM.

So, is anyone in KY willing to put their Pa Kua and Tai Chi up on YouTube for scrutiny?

So, is anyone in KY willing to put their Pa Kua and Tai Chi up on YouTube for scrutiny?
    I'm sure Golden Tiger or Baqualin can't speak for everyone in KY just like I can't speak for anyone in Tennessee other than me and you can't speak for anyone in ATL other than you.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I do, but I will have to get someone to film me first...when I do no one will know it's me until later....I want non biased opinions.
    BQ

I'm sure Golden Tiger or Baqualin can't speak for everyone in KY just like I can't speak for anyone in Tennessee other than me and you can't speak for anyone in ATL other than you.
    Sorry - wasn't suggesting that they could or should. Just looking for a KY or a TN or a TX or a CO version.

I do, but I will have to get someone to film me first...when I do no one will know it's me until later....I want non biased opinions.
    Good idea, it should be interesting!

When Bruce first invited people at Empty Flower to look at Master Grooms' Tai Chi DVD trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPMbU63Y6Gg - no one seemed to know it was a SD guy. Just a skilled guy with frog buttons. Here are some of the comments:

Quote:
    Looks pretty good. What is your teacher's name? Some of the apps shown are pretty simple, but I think that is alright cause it be a video. I envy his squatting SW.

Quote:
    Those slow kicks were great!
    Quote:
    Nice looking vide - good to see a video of somebody promoting the 'Quan' of Taijiquan, espcially with all the no-touch nonsense doing the rounds of the video section at the moment. Looked like good solid applications.
    Quote:
    Your Sifu has excellent skill,and flexiblity...i like his simple and direct application's...
    i also like his teaching style relaxed and straight foward...
    Quote:
    He moves really, really good. Very smooth and he sure knows how to use his structure and balance. Yes, the apps are very direct and simple, but also very basic. (Both advanced and basic methods can of course be direct and simple.) I would like to see more of what you do in class. Maybe you could take down the camera again and show more stuff from your teacher, apps that he think is to advanced to show here?

Shoot, I would be embarrassed of any of my internal stuff aside from the Hsing Ie. Not that its that great, but its better than my pa kua or tai chi....

Nice finds on the quotes. I don't get over to empty flower very often, how did their attitude change after they found out he was SD?

Pretty much ignored it and went on to the next thing. It's funny that Bruce goes all over the world meeting with people in SD or not in SD and everyone seems to respect his skill and knowledge.