View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 41 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351911415411041 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Originally posted by Jhapa
    how much did your hand move. in the video he moves his hand about 1 foot, that's a lot of distance. i have seen clips that hand only moved about an inch from atleast 1 foot or more away. now if you can blow out a candle with your hand only moving about an inch, now that takes skills. i have only done it twice out of 100's and i don't know how i did it. if you asked to do it, i probably won't be able to do it to save my life. i was not impressed with the clip of master smith blowing out the candles.
    I'm a beginner, so I make no illusions as to how much my hand moved. I didn't measure it, but it had to have been somewhere in the 4-6 inch range.

Originally posted by lxtruong
    I'm a beginner, so I make no illusions as to how much my hand moved. I didn't measure it, but it had to have been somewhere in the 4-6 inch range.
    i'm a beginner also. i just got lucky.

hi i am very new to all of this forum stuff. But i would like to here more from judge pen. what is your rank? i am sure i know who your teacher is by the thiengs you have said. i also practice shao-lin do, and teach as well,
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Man, these threads are like pheromones for SDers.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Man, these threads are like pheromones for SDers.
    kinda like flypaper for freaks? eh MK?
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Originally posted by Golden Tiger
    kinda like flypaper for freaks? eh MK?
    Don't be so hard on yourself.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

does anyone here know if the guy posting under the name sin the is really grandmaster sin the ???
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Originally posted by shen ku
    does anyone here know if the guy posting under the name sin the is really grandmaster sin the ???
    Of course it's him. Who else would it be?

I HIGHLY doubt it. Especially looking at the schedule I have here. I doubt very much if he'd have time, or the inclination, to post here.

Edit: not to mention, just look at the attitude presented by this forum user, as exampled by their post history. This is not the attitude of one who has studied martial arts for a lifetime.
    Last edited by Wharg0ul; 01-25-2005 at 02:03 PM.
    Steel sharpens on rock. Man sharpens on man.

Are you kidding? Any man that can learn 900 forms, swim using only his pecs, and climb a pole without hands or feet by twisting his body like a snake surely can find enough time to set us non-believers straight. I mean, c'mon. Maybe you need to re-watch your copy of "At the Feet of the Grandmaster."

shen ku, the Sin The' persona is a second account set up by a regular here for fun and mockery.

JP is a student of one of the Masters' Mullins.

Welcome to the somewhat addictive and entirely unhealthy world of martial arts internet forums. Good luck.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

hay sorry i have not looked at all of his postings, i was with master sin on the 2001 china trip and did some of the demos , i will try to get the names of the school where the master and his top student did and extra demo for us at the end and it was just like the stuff i have seen in shaolin do. the master was 75 years old and ya like they all say told us we did like what he was shown

hello Redhnoti, i take it that you train in shaolin do , what area are you from? time in the art? and rank?

Shen Ku, welcome to the forum (from one n00b to another).

I do need to warn you that some people around here are a bit.....harsh on us Shaolin Do students, but don't let it get to ya.

There's a lot to be learned here, if you ignore the rumblings from beneath the bridge...
    Steel sharpens on rock. Man sharpens on man.

hay sorry i have not looked at all of his postings, i was with master sin on the 2001 china trip and did some of the demos , i will try to get the names of the school where the master and his top student did and extra demo for us at the end and it was just like the stuff i have seen in shaolin do. the master was 75 years old and ya like they all say told us we did like what he was shown
    Well... that was Xian... Zhao Chang-jun's school... It was Zhao's top student & he did a Taiji Mei Hua Mantis (I think...) set (none in SD... nothing like SD's interpretation of Mantis). Zhao's teacher did a Xingyi linkage. SD xingyi bears a superficial resemblance to what did because the postures were almost the same, but the moving & linking of the postures wasn't even in the same ball park.

He said that stuff to be nice & oh yeah... there was a solo Hua set that was done that bears a resemblance to his root system, Zha Quan.

Next.....
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.