View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 413 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513913 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    OK GUYS I GUESS YOU HAVE ABOUT SAID IT ALL. I JUST WISH I HAD THE TIME WASTED BY US ALL TO TRAIN EVEN MORE IN SD. BUT ALAS I DO NOT AND I TOO HAVE CAST MY PEARLS BEFORE SWINE. YOU ALL SAY THAT SD IS NOT THE REAL DEAL BUT ALL YOU DO IS OFFER HERESAY AND A SMIDGEN A VERY SMALL SMIDGEN OF TRUTH AT BEST. SO SINCE YOU CANT PROVE OR DISPROVE ANYTHING LET ME SAY YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS.
    I HAVE FOUND IN LIFE THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE ENVIOUS OF SOMETHING TYPICALLY TRY TO MAKE IT INTO A LIE OR SAY BAD OR UNTRUE THINGS, IT IS HUMAN NATURE. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE AN ITEMIZED LIST OF FALSEHOODS OF THE SD SYSTEM NUMBERED SO WE CAN DEBATE THEM 1 BY 1.
    HOW ABOUT IT TWS I KNOW YOU BEST AND WHY YOU ARE SO DETERMINED TO SAY SD IS NOT FROM THE SHAO-LIN TEMPLES IS BEYOND ME YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE AN EGO . SO HERE IS ALL YOU GUYS CHANCE TO ITEMIZE AND PROVE YOUR WAY OF THINKING ONCE AND FOR ALL. THIS IS A CHALLENGE TO ALL WHO FEEL SD IS NOT SHAOLIN. KC
    Hehehehe

Should we begin at 1?
    Shaolin---------Chinese
    Karate Do-----Japanese
    or 2?
    From Indonesia; neither place
    or 3?
    I was there!!
    Oh Im sorry 1 more small bit of trivia- I spent the last 20 years travelling to and from China and I have been to North Shaolin as well as Putian (Southern Shaolin) I was the coach of the US Team to the first Nan Shaolin Competition in 1994; FYI no one knows him or SD or anything that resembles the forms they do.

I remember first hand being in Beijing while working out with the Beijing team when he brough a group from Lexington to china to errect a monument at the Shaolin Temple that was paid for by the students who traveled with them. Not because of some liniage to the Temple- anyone can buy a monument there-- they were trying to collect funds for restorations to the temple at that time. Many american schools have monuments there. But it was said to those students that the whole reason to traveled there was in honor of the rising of this monument in the name of SD. Some what decieving dont you think?I spoke with Chen Guan Shi (Monk at North Shaolin Hunan) he told me personally "they laughed when SD students demonstrated their forms" while they visited there.

Anyway sorry why am I even typing? What is the truth something that is said but not done or something done but not said? Everyone knows the truth- if we refuse to hear the truth its only because we have listed to lie's to long, we loose the ability to hear the truth.
    Last edited by John Dufresne; 07-21-2007 at 12:39 PM.

How can we debate this and I guess you should be believed ?? Your point is ???? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

How can we debate this and I guess you should be believed ?? Your point is ???? KC
    How can "we" debate? Well you cant- you were not there---I was -I dont have to prove or disprove!
    "it is what it is"!
    Are you a student? be one listen and be silent

Quote Originally Posted by John Dufresne View Post
    How can "we" debate? Well you cant- you were not there---I was -I dont have to prove or disprove!
    "it is what it is"!
    Are you a student? be one listen and be silent
    Oh and one more thing you can debate all you want with other of this forum about what was or what might have happened. But you are talking to me- I refuse to hear lies by someone who has NOT A CLUE! who was not there- and dont tell me that you heard from someone who heard it from someone who taught someone else.
    I am giving it to you straight--- If you choose to live in a fantasy go right ahead- the people of this forum were obviously trying to help you not hurt. Sometimes truth can be painful the further away we go.

Your point is??

So what ?? I mean people laugh and poke fun at just about anyone and/or anything. Some people will say it is real and some people will say it is made up, etc. But just because you come here all of a sudden and say things that many people before you have said , are we are just suppose to say"oh now we know SD is not real chinese martial arts ,etc.because this guy says so, case closed."???

Give it a rest already and get over yourself.

I admire the skill that it takes to master wushu but I would laugh right in your face if you said you could use it to fight or defend yourself. At least we know that SD works for this purpose and we have a good time doing it and learning it , which is all that really matters. The stories legends , lineage ,etc. really do not matter in the grand scheme of things all that matters is that it works.

"Are you a student? be one listen and be silent. "

I am not your student and dont care to be . If you are who you say you are then you should have been taught respect and discipline 1st. You are just rude and arrogant. Not the personality of a true master. Wu Shu well I wont even comment on it not worth my time. KC

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Ouch!!!! I kicked the friggin' corner of my bed this morning when I was stumbling around, getting ready for work! I'm limping like a war vet with shrapnel in his foot.

Them dar beds is lethal weapons, ya' here!

Why do they have to be made of that super-metal adamantium bone-shattering alloy?

Right on the top of the foot, too. Not a usual stubbed toe. Not a good morning at all.
    Do you live in a prison? Who the hell sleeps in a metal bed?

I remember first hand being in Beijing while working out with the Beijing team when he brough a group from Lexington to china to errect a monument at the Shaolin Temple that was paid for by the students who traveled with them.
    I spoke with Chen Guan Shi (Monk at North Shaolin Hunan) he told me personally "they laughed when SD students demonstrated their forms" while they visited there.
    I hope you are better with your other "facts" than this. You are speaking of the 1992 Trip where the Soards - not GMT brought a group primarily from Denver – not Lexington and saw the unveiling of the marker paid for by the Soards -not the people on the trip. The Head Abbott was there and was kind and pleasant. There was no laughing at the demo (however most of it was pretty poor other than one Hua and the Drunken Spear form) it seems you are indicating that these "honorable" monks were so disingenuous as to laugh behind our backs instead of to GMT's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Whip View Post
    I hope you are better with your other "facts" than this. You are speaking of the 1992 Trip where the Soards - not GMT brought a group primarily from Denver – not Lexington and saw the unveiling of the marker paid for by the Soards -not the people on the trip. The Head Abbott was there and was kind and pleasant. There was no laughing at the demo (however most of it was pretty poor other than one Hua and the Drunken Spear form) it seems you are indicating that these "honorable" monks were so disingenuous as to laugh behind our backs instead of to GMT's face.
    No Im not "GMT" was there -so was I -were you?
    Arogant? I get alittle ****ed off at being called a lier from people that have no clue- I dont know you- find out who your talking with before you make such big claims youself.
    I really dont care (consdering the source) what you think of me- You are speaking from the mouth of other people- you dont know the history other than what you have been told. So for that "I forive you" Bt dont continue to argue a point with someone that was there- I NEVER made any claims- everyone else has- a statement was made- I am the proof- that is why I answered. Why is my language so hard for you to understand? The truth is the truth. You can tell me that peaches come from pair tree's till your blue in the face. I judge the by the fruit not what someone is telling me what type of a tree you come from.
    By the way sonny- If you think im arogant- look at yourself befor youmake your claim-you are the one arguing with someone that has studied MA for 45 years. Have some respect- By the way who are you anyway? I am on here with my real name

You are on here to toot your own horn. The fact that you were there means nothing it just means you were there the Swords gave GMT one stone and Lex the other. So what. That does not disprove anything about Sd and I have laughted at many MA that were legit and I too know real MA. You are just an arrogant self promoting MA if you really are one. The Modern WuShu is nothing more than dance as Funakoshi said MA without the mind of the enemy is only dance. The proof is in the pudding. Can you use it or not does it work or not period I dont give a Rats A$$ where it comes from but SD is the real deal like it or not. KC

You are on here to toot your own horn. The fact that you were there means nothing it just means you were there the Swords gave GMT one stone and Lex the other. So what. That does not disprove anything about Sd and I have laughted at many MA that were legit and I too know real MA. You are just an arrogant self promoting MA if you really are one. The Modern WuShu is nothing more than dance as Funakoshi said MA without the mind of the enemy is only dance. The proof is in the pudding. Can you use it or not does it work or not period I dont give a Rats A$$ where it comes from but SD is the real deal like it or not. KC
    WHAT! Promte what----Im not promoting anything- where have I said or made a claim to fame (Frankly I know nothing)
    Im just angry at people that mention my name - stop

Let me ask you- to simply put yourself in my shoes- how would you react? Frankly I have sat back and said nothing for YEARS. Enough is enough cut it out stop mentoning me.
    Call me on the phone we will talk in person not in a forum- you think I want to self promote- I have nothing to promote.
    978-846-7417

Quote Originally Posted by John Dufresne View Post
    WHAT! Promte what----Im not promoting anything- where have I said or made a claim to fame (Frankly I know nothing)
    Im just angry at people that mention my name - stop

Let me ask you- to simply put yourself in my shoes- how would you react? Frankly I have sat back and said nothing for YEARS. Enough is enough cut it out stop mentoning me.
    Call me on the phone we will talk in person not in a forum- you think I want to self promote- I have nothing to promote.
    978-846-7417
    Boy you really are ignorant- (Wu-shu) proof in the pudding? where are you? who are you? you definatly dont know me very well do you!!!!!!!!!! I have already proven many many times- I definatly dont need to prove to a ignorant child like you- but if your willing I live in boston- you know my number- quite talkin start walkin.
    Last edited by John Dufresne; 07-21-2007 at 07:03 PM.

You are the only one that has mentioned your name you came on here spouting off. Why, are you just a troll. Seems that way. I have no need to meet or call you. I have nothing to prove you are on here to start cra/ so why dont you just go wu and shu somewhere else. KC

Welcome back Johnny, heck, its been what, 3 years or so since you last graced the forum with your insightfulness?
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

We've got his phone number.......

Now all we have to do is a little net search, and order a dozen or so pizzas..........