View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 42 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452921425421042 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

sean_stonehart, you talk as if you saw it , was you there?
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

possibly... maybe... it's conceivable...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

hay i had seen on other forums talk that CLF has a "hairy monk" in its past and someone said they had a pic of him, does anyone have anyideas if it is true or where the pic could be seen?
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

sean_stonehart, first let me say i can deal with all the bashing of my art , its fine i do what i do, so was you there?

hay i had seen on other forums talk that CLF has a "hairy monk" in its past
    Do you remember what forums?

brad? do i dont i will try and find it again

another ??? can anyone tell me about the origins of shorin-ryu??

Zhao's teacher did a Xingyi linkage. SD xingyi bears a superficial resemblance to what did because the postures were almost the same, but the moving & linking of the postures wasn't even in the same ball park.
    My teacher's late teacher's book has the xingyi form from the SD videos show, but like you said the movement and details are missing. The book is called "The Skill of Xingyi Quan" by Li Tian Ji. Li Tian Ji is the same guy who's credited with creating the 24 movement taiji form(also the 48 & 66 move combined taiji quan forms, and 88 move Yang taiji quan).
    Basically it's like someone who'd seen xingyi a few times tried learning the form from a book, and added a few techniques that don't really fit.

the hairy monk comment was on a russbo.com forum

Originally posted by shen ku
    hay i had seen on other forums talk that CLF has a "hairy monk" in its past and someone said they had a pic of him, does anyone have anyideas if it is true or where the pic could be seen?
    Back it up... provide a link. I can't wait to see it!!!
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

? so would i ? all i found was the comment and never could find anything elsa???

Provide the link to the russbo thread then... you said you saw it, you provide it...

I've heard second hand comments about a hairy monk in CLF as well, but I believe that the reported era was different than Su Kong's so I didn't follow up on it.

Shen ku, I'm a first black in shaolin-do and I've studied and researched a few other martial arts as well. I've on this forum...mostly reading...far longer than I have an excuse for. I'm in SE KY. BTW, you can hit "profile" below the posts people make and they sometimes will have put some basic info down for public consumption.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

Oh...one more thing. Anyone who's membership profile says they've been here since 1969 just means they've been here since they switched servers a few (4 now?) years back. I've not wasted THAT much time here.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

like i said i am new to all this kind of stuff (computers) i found where the comment was made but have no idea how to link to it in order to show it here??

Originally posted by Radhnoti
    I've heard second hand comments about a hairy monk in CLF as well, but I believe that the reported era was different than Su Kong's so I didn't follow up on it.
    Ok... let me end the "hairy monk" thing. There is no hairy monk in CLF. There was a monk by the name Ching Cho or Green Grass Monk. Depending on the lineage of CLF one practices, did or did not exist.

Not hairy...