View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 421 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521921 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

The Kun Lun clip shows none of the usage or actual training, just the form. I won't judge what they are doing from just a form of a system I am not familiar with. (As opposed to SD, which I have seen first hand.)

There is a substantial body of knowledge on how training was actually performed in a wide variety of styles - largely due to the opening of society, ironically under the PRC regime. there is a tremendous amount of really good stuff, the old stuff still out there in the land of it's birth. And to dismiss this is to repeat a foolish lie that many used who sought to take advantage of ignorant Westerners.

There has been a great deal of scholarship on this subject, but I'm sure none of it interests one who 'knows the truth', right?
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Chain Whip - do you beleve old 'Chinese Warriors' prepared for battle by training like Shaolin Do?
    www.kungnation.com

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain Whip View Post
    Can you answer a simple question - yes or no will be fine. Do you believe that old Chinese warriors preparing for warfare trained like we see in this clip that was recently provided as an example of "Traditional Chinese Martial Arts?" http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...85909503964460
    no; and that would hold true to ANY form that you might happen to post, because Chinese warriors preparing for "battle" trained in a completely different context, namely to fight as a group using the latest technology available to them; so probably the training involved moving as large units to signals such as trumpets and waving flags, and then using their weaponry accordingly: bow & arrow, pikes, etc.; there would probably also be training geared towards personal arms use, but that would probably not be done by doing forms...

forms training is a different phennomenon, more likely the result of the battlefield warrior turned layman MA instructor, needing to pay his rent and keep students, especially the ones that could afford his tuition (upper class types who wanted to play weekend warrior); or as a means of exercise for monks; or a way to keep newbies busy in a MA school; but definitely not a way to train actual soldiers for actual battlefield combat (maybe to keep them physically fit in times of relative peace...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    Chain Whip,
    I'd ask you to read the rest of the paragraph. If I was not clear enough - your buddies school is not representative of good CMA. There is a LOT of charlatan out there besides your GRANDMASTER OF SHAOLIN. So don't feel bad. They even use many of the same rationalizations.

Honestly, if you REALLY believe what you are saying, it is too late for you, and no real point in trying to use reason.

At this point we have reached the OYD stage. While I don't think you guys s@ck as much as them (there is some kinda hybrid thingy beneath all the badly understood forms), you wouldn't know CMA if it bit you on the @ss, and you willingly follow the BS stories of your teacher - this is no different than OYD and their legend of 'BAGWAAAAA.'

If you knowingly pass on a lie... not just a fable about the style, but a lie used to sell new students on your school, what kind of person are you?
    Yes, I see it now. Shaolin-Do is just like Chung Moo......yes, it is all becoming clear.

Seriously, did you get raped by an SD practitioner or something? Do you have some kind of kool-aid fixation? (perhaps you were brainwashed by too many Kool-Aid commercials?) Lol @ your antics, Mas.............I find you amusing.

If you go to Shaolin-do, it's basically the same thing as anywhere else. You sign on for a couple of months, you can come and go as you please, and you can punch and kick. Nobody harps on the lineage. We don't bow down before pictures of the Grandmaster and burn incense in his image, pour out libations on the floor, and dance like wild gypsies.

(You have to pay extra for all that).

Although I did find it strange that I had to sign that contract with the blood of a newborn infant born on the winter solstice, and could only sign it on the eve of a full moon.

I guess what I'm saying is.....

Put down the kool-aid, Mas. Don't believe everything you read on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    eh-yup! maddening, ain't it?

GREAT question...see below for "answer"

not a darn whit...

nice analogy - seems to be some sort of recurring relgious theme to your post (BTW, welcome to the parish - 4th pew on the right is free...)

I will be the first to admit that my practiced "styles" are full of so-called indiscretions (I mean, Choih Lei Faht and Taiji - rife with "creative license" - but not so much that they constitute whole-sale fabrications...)

anyway, I'm glad finally that someone got around to "decoding" the whole sub-text of my exegesis;

see, here it is: Sin The has gone a long way, in my estimation, to make a big deal out of the "authenticity" of the forms he teaches, confabulating a particularly outré story-line, starting with Jo-jo the Boy Wonder Dog all the way down to him, the Grand Pre-eminent High Muckaty-muck of Shaolin - spending a lot of "emotion & energy" to validate the authenticity of the forms that are taught; now, based on comparison to other easily identifiable and verifiable Shaolin-based arts, it seems to look a little different, to say the least; well, say the faithful-followers, of course it looks different, because we are actually generating power, etc., etc. and so we can therefore fight better - but the kicker is, none of it actually has any bearing on fighting to begin with - so, ST is propagating a readily debunkable bamboozlement, for absolutely no practical reason in terms of martial skill in the first place! it's indignity heaped upon indignity! I mean, it's bad enough that most people who practice "authentic" TCMA can't fight worth sh!t - now you have people practicing some thrice removed derrivative that they think is the real-deal, and justifying the way they do it as if that is going to have any impact on their ability to fight! (not that SD guys can't fight necessarilly - but if they can, it's got nothing to do with the forms they practice, sorry to say...)

anyway, I think I'm done here, made my contribution to reaching the magic "500" (remember when we were talking about that, some pages back?) - glad someone finally figured out the inherent preposterousness of it all - feel free to flame away at your collective leisure...
    Hahaha......you are one cynical, manaical fella......

Wookie, let me clarify (I'm afraid you guys might not grasp English) - my point was - a BIG lie is propogated by the leader of your style - as a marketing ploy - just like OYD. I was very careful NOT to otherwise compare you to them, as they are beneath contempt with true criminal behavior.

Although it is very interesting that personal attacks again are used instead of answering my questions. But not unexpected, which is sad.
    www.kungnation.com

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Hahaha......you are one cynical, manaical fella......
    smile when you say that...

Nah Wookie, I just enjoy messing with a cult of personality. Never liked them very much. And when built on a foundation of purposeful lies, it becomes even more fun, as the only resort from those that are part of it is to name call and try to deflect, because to face the lies directly shakes the foundation.

FWIW - Never liked sugary drinks. Always preferred bitter.
    www.kungnation.com

Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post

Put down the kool-aid, Mas. Don't believe everything you read on the net.
    Does that include everything your grandmaster says about himself?

I find you amusing. That's not an insult, is it? The rest is just jokes, man. I have an abrasive sense of humor.

To be honest, GM The' can claim to be the Wild Man of Borneo for all I care. All I want to know is can he, or more importantly, his students, teach me how to fight. Marketing is marketing. It's not going to hurt anyone. He obviously thinks what he does is Shaolin. So do others here. I am of the opinion it is a Shaolin influenced kuntao hybrid. Some others here agree with me. He is a Shaolin-do (hence, Shaolin) Grandmaster. He is the 10th degree rank holder in Shaolin Do, and the youngest Grandmaster of Shaolin-do (there were only 3 after all, lol).

He is not the Grandmaster of the Shaolin temple. He is not the highest ranking member of the Shaolin temple. He has two steles at Chinese temples. Su Xi atteneded one of the ceremonies (There are pictures). So obviously Su Xi doesn't have a problem with what GM The' is saying. Sure, he took a monetary donation in exchange. So isn't Su Xi a marketing hack? Isn't he now a morally defunct cretin who should be dishonored and defecated upon? Of course not.

How GM The' wants to tell the stories, and how they're marketed is not really that big of a deal, unless you're a superficial kind of guy. Just like it's no big deal that Shaolin abbots took donations of money in exchange for stone tablets and cameo's on the red carpet for Sin The's trip to China. Can't fault one without faulting the other. The end result? It ain't that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Does that include everything your grandmaster says about himself?
    Yes, of course.

BTW, sometimes I lie about the size of my package, as I am afraid women will be too intimidated by its mammoth-like girth.

Jokes is jokes

BTW, sometimes I lie about the size of my package, as I am afraid women will be too intimidated by its mammoth-like girth.
    I doubt the kinds of women you'd attract care how big your clit is.