View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 429 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479529929 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

I suggest whomever you contact, you continue to write in title case. It's extremely impressive.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

Gotcha...

This is gonna draw fire but I'm putting it out there....

On that one set, the Lau Bun Hung Sing version is the only correct way to play that particular piece of material. Not saying it can't be fast or mixed or however, but the only correct way is the Hung Sing way. Taught any other way is not the way it's intended and designed. Also trust me when I say if it wasn't learned from from a Lau Bun student or lineaged student, it's not correct in nature/form/intent. The motions may be learned & copied & even closely so, but there's pieces that can't be learned without somebody who received the correct transmission.

The book is intentionally missing pieces & no transitions are shown for precise reasons. GM DFW isn't the only person out there doing that as well in print or video format.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Shows what you know. The SD version is different because it is the ORIGINAL SHAOLIN COMBAT VERSION! Everything else is but a pale shadow of the sun source of martial arts.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    Shows what you know. The SD version is different because it is the ORIGINAL SHAOLIN COMBAT VERSION! Everything else is but a pale shadow of the sun source of martial arts.
    ****it... you're right... I quit for my own good.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAT View Post

Did you know that I buy anything the man says? Like some horse crap about being the "Youngest Grand Master In 1500 Years Of Shaolin History"?
    is the kewl aid good?

Did you know he's SO insecure he BOUTH Two, Yes I Said (2) Monuments At The Shaolin Temples In China? ****, who is that insecure? No one has ever done that!
    amazine that people are still impressed with the "buy one, get one free" stone monument crap

Was Wondering How Come He Is Never In Magazine
    I hear "pet tails" is doing a story on the grandmaster.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I hear "pet tails" is doing a story on the grandmaster.....
    It's true. His cat is the only cat to recieve the title of Grand Master from the Shaolin Temple.

It's true. His cat is the only cat to recieve the title of Grand Master from the Shaolin Temple.
    As a shaolin do black belt. LOL.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Cool Respect

Nice to know that your grandmasters have taught the forms to the best of their ablitiy to you. Whether it be in Karate,Judo, and so forth, its ashame you all missed the class on respect for other various art forms. But, you was probably at home watching Walker Texas Ranger.

Nice to know that your grandmasters have taught the forms to the best of their ablitiy to you. Whether it be in Karate,Judo, and so forth, its ashame you all missed the class on respect for other various art forms. But, you was probably at home watching Walker Texas Ranger.
    we have plenty of respect for real masters, but guys who claim jo-jo the dog faced boy as their master, prance around in Karate gi, teach utter crap and make up history on the fly get teh royal treatment here

you don't like it? LEAVE.....

have a pleasant day, don't let the door hit you in your crack

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

JCAT, meet lkfmdc.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    we have plenty of respect for real masters, but guys who claim jo-jo the dog faced boy as their master, prance around in Karate gi, teach utter crap and make up history on the fly get teh royal treatment here

you don't like it? LEAVE.....

have a pleasant day, don't let the door hit you in your crack
    He's a little rough around the edges, but he's like an onion; he has layers. You learn to love him! Well, I did at least.
    Last edited by SaintSage; 08-08-2007 at 09:45 PM.

here's a little quiz for you
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 07-21-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    I've often wondered if GMS didn't become a victim of his own advertisment of 900 forms. I think most of the stuff up through 4th or 5th black could have been learned from Master IE, but after realizing his students were going to push him to learn more and more forms he started to get them from other sources ie. books, videos, and maybe visiting other masters. Personally I like much of the stuff up through 2nd and 3rd black. But if you look at his brothers website he doesn't boast about knowing 900 forms and he at least list other teachers that he studied from. I mean, depending on how you count, I only get to about 200 up through 5th black. But really, their just forms anyway. I pick what I want to concentrate on and drill them. Do the conditioning(weight vest, strength excersises, bag work, sparring), and drill the forms over and over that you like till they become 2nd nature, and they will work. I've seen some terrible versions of ching kong fu hu chien on the internet but that doesn't make the form bad, just the training of the teacher. But that's another can of worms.

He Is The Youngest Grand Master In 1500 Years Of Shaolin History.

Wait, Shaolin has Grandmasters??? I thought they only had Disciples, Shi's and Abbotts??? Man, you learn something new each day.

Oh an incidently, Shi Yan Feng is only like 22 or 23yo.

Is The Only Person To Be Honored With Two, Yes I Said (2) Monuments At The Shaolin Temples In China. Was Wondering How Come He Is Never In Magazine, And Who Do I Need To Contact To See If They Will Feature Him In The Kung Fu/ Tai Chi Magazine.
    A GM from a system I was affiliated with before has 3 monuments erected for him at Shaolin Temple. And is in every issue to IKF magazine hawking copies of manuscripts he got from Shaolin temple.
    Last edited by xcakid; 08-09-2007 at 04:23 AM.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

He Is The Youngest Grand Master In 1500 Years Of Shaolin History. Is The Only Person To Be Honored With Two, Yes I Said (2) Monuments At The Shaolin Temples In China. Was Wondering How Come He Is Never In Magazine, And Who Do I Need To Contact To See If They Will Feature Him In The Kung Fu/ Tai Chi Magazine.
    He paid for the stones to be erected. Virtually anyone can do this. You yourself could have a stele raised at the temple for the correct fee.

His claims to connection directly to Shaolin are spurious at best.

He is a kempo karate dude with a fixation on the mystical shaolin and not really the reality.

just stand back and look at it for what it is. There's the shaolin of that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

For the love of God is it really not possible to contain this to one monstrous thread that's already longer than War and Peace?
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist