View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 433 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533933 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

i'd be surprised if they actually appeared... the tale keeps growing in the telling...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

GMT was featured in IKFM several times, ironically. But anyone who implies that he believes everything GMT says is probably not very intelligent.

1. It contradicts all other info.

But perhaps more importantly:

2. You shouldn't believe everything anyone says.

Excepting, of course, Pres. Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    Oh I know... fire away , but that's not what I was using them for as indicative performances, but as representative of the topic at hand.

Besides... you kick about as well as I do... I'll move my ankles before you get there. :P
    Didn't you know? I've got full splits now...

And you may not have intended them for indicative performances, but its hard to get past some of those videos. Not knocking them per se, most of them are regular guys that stuck around and learned the forms and are doing them the best they can, but from their stances and intent its not a great example. And I still scratch my head at the Tiger/Crane video..... I can do that form in my sleep right now and I still strain to recognize his version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    1. Gee, what a shock, you're a Shaolin Doh! guy

2. Well, if they are "just wushu people who pretend to be monks to bring money to the government" then a bunch of fake monks putting up a stone tablet for Sin The doesn't mean much does it?
    Your right. It doesn't mean anything to me. I could care less about the carnaville show called shaolin in china. I also don't care for the promoting of a stone tablet to make my art seem more legit. I don't agree with alot of things Sin The' has done, all I know are the techniques I learn from my teacher. Regardless of how he obtained them, the techniques are real and useful to me. The majority of schools in SD are becoming very watered down and weak. You see it very clearly in the CSC videos. But there are also some very good teachers who have a good grasp of different types of training ie. forms, stances, drills, conditioning.

Man, I wish I still had the article of the Sharon (Soards or whatever her name was) and her group buying the stone thingy to honor 'Sin. The article, if i remeber correctly, was in IKF, in the back page with the school adverts. This was before it became that the monks honoring him with the steele.
    What, me worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Didn't you know? I've got full splits now...
    You lie...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

JP does not lie he can do it ive seen him The splits that is KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Photographic proof then...

JP's a lawyer... fibbing is ingrained & part & parcel for him as a profession...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    i'd be surprised if they actually appeared... the tale keeps growing in the telling...
    hi bhodi, mas and the rest ...

here are a few pictures from that time that were given to me.

The photo is in front of Master Ie's home. Master Sin is in the middle with Master Ie's adopted son and family. sr master grooms on the far right of the photo, Master David Theroff is the guy ****hest to the left. earlier that day they visited Master Sin's parents and his brother Sang's (hiang) home.

demo/banquet that was done in Master Sin's honor.

copy of the ticket to the demo/banquet that was done in Master Sin's honor.

best,

bruce
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Blog Entries
    Hey bruce, thanks for the pics. Looked like a big event! I wish we had more pics of stuff like that, as well as when Sin was training. I think it would help curb some of the anti sd sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    Hey bruce, thanks for the pics. Looked like a big event! I wish we had more pics of stuff like that, as well as when Sin was training. I think it would help curb some of the anti sd sentiment.
    it might ... lol ... but "they" will always find something to pick on ...

i too would like to see/hear more about ie/sin's training and hear about the method and day to day practice etc ... if any "older" sd people have any pictures or documents they would like to share with the public that would be awesome.

best,

bruce
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

That's a lot of folks to bring to someone's house *lol* I see some other familiar faces in there too. When was this trip? early eighties?

on a side note...Master Theroff looks miserable every time I see a picture of him. He must be a super serious guy. Even at his sixth black promotion, he barely cracked a smile.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    That's a lot of folks to bring to someone's house *lol* I see some other familiar faces in there too.
    sure is ... lol ...

When was this trip? early eighties?
    july 1 1992 is when the demo/banquet was according to the picture of the ticket to the event which is linked in the previous post.

on a side note...Master Theroff looks miserable every time I see a picture of him. He must be a super serious guy. Even at his sixth black promotion, he barely cracked a smile.
    i have never met him but several people i know have spoken highly of him.

best,

bruce
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    Amidst hostile men

Blog Entries

Shantung black tiger

Just read this book, and I must say I see some similarities in training between one of the co-authors(tjoa khek kiong) and shaolin do. This guy taught chinese martial arts in indonesia and looking at the form it has a familiar flavor to it. I really liked how he broke down martial arts into three groups, one for fighting, one for health, and one for show. Anyone else read this or other books by the same author?