View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 434 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484534934 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Blog Entries
    I was at the bookstore today and was browsing some of the martial material, when I picked up this book about Tang Soo Do. I started reading the history and it went on about how the art dates back so many thousand years and that Hwang kee combined them with chinese martial arts. But it never mentions how Hwang kee came upon these techniques. In a black belt magazine interview in sept. 1984 it states he was virtually self taught. He learned from books and practiced in secluded areas. Later he travelled to china and learned some softer flowing hand techniques.
    Sounds kinda familiar.

Yes, I've got that book. I was hoping I'd see some black tiger similar to the four forms taught in SD, but it's really quite different. It's probably closer to the luohan forms, which makes sense since the book is only the very basic material in that black tiger system.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

Blog Entries
    The opening sequence for the form in the book looks very much like our ching kong fu hu chien, and chie chien. But your right the form is different than our black tigers. But I did see similarities in the section called elements of training.

Unhappy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qemnikjhBkI

dear god dear f@cking god

loll i igonored the shaolin do thread entirely before
    and just discovered what u guys were talking about just now

dear god where do u find these ppl ?

as they say

"only in america"
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

It's difficult to watch, it's so much like the martial arts I started out learning when I was a teenager. On one hand, many of the SD people are soooooo nice, but watching the videos you feel a little ticked that someone like Sin The can get away with scamming people like that. Of course they're having so much fun and getting healthy it doesn't seem possible that it's all based on a lies and deception. If he hadn't been caught touching young girls (among other crimes), my first teacher would be well on his way to having a large chain like this.

cjurakpt Guest
    what I want to know - WHO does Sin Thé's hair? I mean, those auburn highlights are just to DIE for!

i heard through the grapevine the monks actually fell asleep and were laughing at parts of Sin the's shaolin do presentation at the temple.
    Sounds like kind of an exaggeration of some things that Gene had hinted at in one of his comments about the Shaolin-Do visit to Shaolin.

The majority of schools in SD are becoming very watered down and weak. You see it very clearly in the CSC videos.
    I don't know, seems to me to be the other way around from seeing some of the older teachers, including Sin The. It was weak and watered down to begin with while some have managed to turn it into something more solid from a martial perspective. Most of these teachers are easily out classed by middle level to senior students of legit masters or amateur level sport fighters.

What have I been doing all these years? I have been teaching, what I THOUGHT was good CMA, when I really should have just started a cult.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    What have I been doing all these years? I have been teaching, what I THOUGHT was good CMA, when I really should have just started a cult.
    yeah, you even got the head shaving thing backwards - it's the students who are supposed to do it ya' nimrod...

lol, seriously, it's such an easy con that I'm really surprised I don't see more of it. Of course a lot of criminals can't just stop at the martial arts con and are involved with other crimes like molesting kids, evading taxes, and so on Those with some self control (who probably find justification for fabricating training history in the legends of the past) can make a pretty good living. My first teacher had gotten over 100 paying monthly students at around $60/month. Including uniform sales, weapon sales, belt test fees ranging from something like $50-$1000, black belt programs and "grandmaster" programs from $5,000-$10,000, seminars teaching stolen and made up material... he was doing pretty well for himself. Students included black belts from legit systems, lawyers, a former pro athlete, at least one police officer, an ex special forces soldier... even a jujitsu guy who was a fairly successful mma fighter. Looking back it's all a little baffling. There's just something about teaching martial arts that gives you a lot of power over otherwise intelligent reasonable people.

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    yeah, you even got the head shaving thing backwards - it's the students who are supposed to do it ya' nimrod...
    D'oh!

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    D'oh!

of course, it's never too late to start...pass the Kool Aide!

I am incorporating tomorrow, my new organization

SCAM-LIN DO
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I am incorporating tomorrow, my new organization

SCAM-LIN DO
    we await your instructions...

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    we await your instructions...
    there's gonna be a lot of head shaving, a lot of chi healing and taekwondo forms.... that's all I am saying for now
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....