View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 437 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537937 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

LMFAO, this is from one of their web sites

Grand Master The' continued his education at the University of Kentucky and was on the verge of completing his Master's Degree in Nuclear Engineering when Ie Chang Ming died at age 96. Grand Master The' realized that while there were many engineers and scientists, he was the only Shaolin Grand Master. He dropped his studies in order to devote all of his time to teaching the art of Shaolin.
    Sure does sound like "couldn't cut it at school so he decided to cash in on the Shaolin craze" doesn't it
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Another thing I was wondering about your program.....it seems that you have a lot of the trappings of Japanese karate and mc dojos.

What is the deal wth this??

ie. patches, belt / sashes ,kung fu parties ,etc?? I also noticed you are fat and have a receeding hairline , must be the reason you shaved your head.

your myspace page says you have a body builder type body.
    Trappings of Japanese Karate? Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean by that. I never studied karate....

If you are asking about Kids Birthday Parties, I don't understand how marketing (because that is what a Kids B-Day party is all about - meeting new kids in the neighborhood) has anything to do with WHAT we teach.

And since you asked, I did gain a lot of weight over the last 24 months. I found out that I had an underactive thyroid which was the reason I gained. I have been on medication for a few months now and have went back to the gym and I'm looking better everyday! There are plenty of pics of me with a six-pack on my site, from just a few years ago, and at my current rate, I'll be back there in about 8 more weeks.

And thanks for noticing my hairline,...yes, I shaved my head because I was losing hair. Does that make U feel better? I really doesn't bother me as much as it used to, I kind of like the shaved head, especially in the summer and it's much better for grappling and MMA training.

If you took offense to me mocking Shaolin-Do, that's your perogative. If you feel it is necessary to 'fight back' and try to make fun of me, that too is your option. To answer your first question, 'why make fun'? It was a harmless comment...we were just joking around. I try not to take myself or anything else for that matter, too seriously. If you got offended, maybe it hit a sore spot with you. Maybe there were some truth in all those comments people made.

If I was giving my opinion and not just playing around, I would say that from what I have seen of Shaolin-Do, I admit that I think it is a complete and utter farce. I've been around CMA form more than half my life and been all over the world to learn it, view it and research it. The movements that are included in the Shaolin-Do style (at least most of them) bear little if any resemblance to TCMA. This is observation I am making from watching clips on youtube. It is my opinion. You are certainly entitled to yours and I am mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    Trappings of Japanese Karate? Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean by that. I never studied karate....

If you are asking about Kids Birthday Parties, I don't understand how marketing (because that is what a Kids B-Day party is all about - meeting new kids in the neighborhood) has anything to do with WHAT we teach.

And since you asked, I did gain a lot of weight over the last 24 months. I found out that I had an underactive thyroid which was the reason I gained. I have been on medication for a few months now and have went back to the gym and I'm looking better everyday! There are plenty of pics of me with a six-pack on my site, from just a few years ago, and at my current rate, I'll be back there in about 8 more weeks.

And thanks for noticing my hairline,...yes, I shaved my head because I was losing hair. Does that make U feel better? I really doesn't bother me as much as it used to, I kind of like the shaved head, especially in the summer and it's much better for grappling and MMA training.

If you took offense to me mocking Shaolin-Do, that's your perogative. If you feel it is necessary to 'fight back' and try to make fun of me, that too is your option. To answer your first question, 'why make fun'? It was a harmless comment...we were just joking around. I try not to take myself or anything else for that matter, too seriously. If you got offended, maybe it hit a sore spot with you. Maybe there were some truth in all those comments people made.

If I was giving my opinion and not just playing around, I would say that from what I have seen of Shaolin-Do, I admit that I think it is a complete and utter farce. I've been around CMA form more than half my life and been all over the world to learn it, view it and research it. The movements that are included in the Shaolin-Do style (at least most of them) bear little if any resemblance to TCMA. This is observation I am making from watching clips on youtube. It is my opinion. You are certainly entitled to yours and I am mine.
    Trappings of karate???>.... meaning the patches, sashes/ belts , etc.

MCKWOON!

As for the other stuff I was trying to make a point about class , respect , understanding, etc. I do not normally point these things out, but I found in your case to point these things out to show you how immature and juvenile you were being .

I feel that anyone that has as much going for you as you do, does not have to resort to this type of activity.

I know you have barely seen anything when it comes to SD based on your opinions and comments.

Did you ever think that the people that have posted these clips and info are the minority and not the majority? How can anyone base their opinions on anything from the very smallest amount of info available??

like you said you have your opinion and I have mine. Take care

Trappings of karate???>.... meaning the patches, sashes/ belts , etc.
    You mean like the Shaolin Do people all have?

MCKWOON!
    Shaolin Doh idiots screaming "MCKWOON" - priceless

I know you have barely seen anything when it comes to SD based on your opinions and comments.
    ah, your favorite tactic, to claim we haven't seen it. WE HAVE, plenty of times, we've seen what Shaolin Do itself puts up as examples of what they do....

IT IS CRAP
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I'm not OK with you attacking Lama Pai Sifu

He could use a ranking system based on the ancient art of Kabbalah for all I care, but his lineage is real. He really did study under who he says he studied with. And though I haven't had the pleasure to see it in person, I'll bet his kung fu is the real deal too.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    ah, your favorite tactic, to claim we haven't seen it. WE HAVE, plenty of times, we've seen what Shaolin Do itself puts up as examples of what they do....

IT IS CRAP
    hey i am not that crap lol and i am a sd student ... ...
    what do you think is so crap about the way i express what i have learned in shaolin do?

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

best,

bruce
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    You mean like the Shaolin Do people all have?

Shaolin Doh idiots screaming "MCKWOON" - priceless

IT IS CRAP
    #1 your point??

#2 Just firing right back with the same BS you all do.

#3 So you have seen all that SD has to offer? These are students that have regular jobs and lives @$$wipe. DUH!!! You ,must have been studying longer than Master Sin then huh??

SaintSage's last post, translated

"It's completely fine for everyone to attack Shaolin-Do all the time, but don't attack back! It's mean and makes me want to go potty!"

MMA folks think TCMA and SD are crap. TCMA folks think SD is crap and MMA is overblown. SD folks think TCMA and MMA are crap. Everyone has a vested interest in believing their stuff is good and that they have good reasons to do what they do. Nobody's convincing anyone else of anything.

Just train.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

Quote Originally Posted by shaolindoiscool View Post
    hey i am not that crap lol and i am a sd student ... ...
    what do you think is so crap about the way i express what i have learned in shaolin do?

best,

bruce
    Hey man, it does not matter what you put up these guys know that you are SD. if it is good they will deny it and make fun of you . They are caught up with believeing all that they know , uniforms , cerimonies, rituals, , etc.

I think you are doing a great job man , keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    "It's completely fine for everyone to attack Shaolin-Do all the time, but don't attack back! It's mean and makes me want to go potty!"

MMA folks think TCMA and SD are crap. TCMA folks think SD is crap and MMA is overblown. SD folks think TCMA and MMA are crap. Everyone has a vested interest in believing their stuff is good and that they have good reasons to do what they do. Nobody's convincing anyone else of anything.

Just train.
    How about, don't stoop to someone else's level when you don't have a leg to stand on. To quote another forum member, "I am neither friend nor foe of Shaolin-Do." But I do happen to like Lama Pai Sifu, lkfmdc, and a lot of the other regulars, so I'm going to stick up for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post

Just train.
    And BINGO was his name o!!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    How about, don't stoop to someone else's level when you don't have a leg to stand on. To quote another forum member, "I am neither friend nor foe of Shaolin-Do." But I do happen to like Lama Pai Sifu, lkfmdc, and a lot of the other regulars, so I'm going to stick up for them.
    I am glad you respect others that dis-respect others and make fun of everything other than what they do.

SD may be fine and dandy, the issue everyone has with it is that it is deceptive about what it is. It's actually some sort of Indo/Mix system, and hardy the Shaolin it claims to be. That is why everyone dislikes it. It is the Gold Standard of BS martial schools.

Hey man, it does not matter what you put up these guys know that you are SD. if it is good they will deny it and make fun of you . They are caught up with believeing all that they know , uniforms , cerimonies, rituals, , etc.

I think you are doing a great job man , keep up the good work.

If you showed them something they liked, they'd tell you. Now, finding something they like can be a bit harder...

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    You're going to stick up for them while they're blasting this art of which you're neither friend nor foe? But if a member of that art tries to fight back you get mad?

Yeah, that's good logic.

Sort of like not being a friend or foe of a stranger who's getting attacked by one of your buddies but if the guy tries to defend himself you gang up on him...?

How very noble of you.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist