View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 438 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538938 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I am glad you respect others that dis-respect others and make fun of everything other than what they do.
    You attacked his kung fu, not his character. I didn't say, "don't blast him for attacking you." His kung fu and his character are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post

If you showed them something they liked, they'd tell you. Now, finding something they like can be a bit harder...
    Well IMHO I think that they are being overly critical and there is plenty of things in the footage that is presented that they could compliment on. They are caught up in non-intrinsic values.AlL of these people are normal everyday people with regular lives.

You attacked his kung fu, not his character. I didn't say, "don't blast him for attacking you." His kung fu and his character are two different things.
    as to what are you refering to??

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    LMFAO, this is from one of their web sites

Sure does sound like "couldn't cut it at school so he decided to cash in on the Shaolin craze" doesn't it
    was there a "shaolin craze" in the mid and late 1960's?
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    You're going to stick up for them while they're blasting this art of which you're neither friend nor foe? But if a member of that art tries to fight back you get mad?

Yeah, that's good logic.

Sort of like not being a friend or foe of a stranger who's getting attacked by one of your buddies but if the guy tries to defend himself you gang up on him...?

How very noble of you.
    I defended someone who, while not technically a friend, I happen to like. tattoed's attacks were wrong.

Oh, and if the guy pulled a knife and was being excessive, you're **** right I'd back up my buddy. I can't make his moral desicisons, but I can protect what is his.
    Last edited by SaintSage; 08-14-2007 at 06:05 PM.

as to what are you refering to??
    As in I didn't defend what he did to you, only what you attacked.

I defended someone who, while not technically a friend, I happen to like. His attack were wrong.

Oh, and if the guy pulled a knife and was being excessive, you're **** right I'd back up my buddy. I can't make his moral desicisons, but I can protect what is his.
    Keep your metaphors consistent. If the SD guy is 'stooping to the level' of the guy who's attacking him, it means your buddy was already attacking with a knife before the stranger pulled a knife to defend himself. So you're still ganging up on this thing for which you're 'neither friend nor foe.'

Meh, I don't really give a sh!t anyway. I just get tired of the rationalizations coming out of the TCMA community on this subject. It's okay for all of the little indiscretions in everyone else's past (I mean, jeez, look at the sh!t lkfmdc wrote about TCMA in his downward spiral thread) but as I've posted before, SD is the church wh0re so it's okay to gang up on it constantly.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

Hey man, it does not matter what you put up these guys know that you are SD. if it is good they will deny it and make fun of you . They are caught up with believeing all that they know , uniforms , cerimonies, rituals, , etc.

I think you are doing a great job man , keep up the good work.

the reason i put the clips out is to show my expression of these arts as i was taught in our system for anyone who is interested

best

bruce.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    Keep your metaphors consistent. If the SD guy is 'stooping to the level' of the guy who's attacking him, it means your buddy was already attacking with a knife before the stranger pulled a knife to defend himself. So you're still ganging up on this thing for which you're 'neither friend nor foe.'

Meh, I don't really give a sh!t anyway. I just get tired of the rationalizations coming out of the TCMA community on this subject. It's okay for all of the little indiscretions in everyone else's past (I mean, jeez, look at the sh!t lkfmdc wrote about TCMA in his downward spiral thread) but as I've posted before, SD is the church wh0re so it's okay to gang up on it constantly.

From what I saw (and I may be wrong) I didn't see the wh0re getting attacked, but the act of wh0reing.

You used a bad metaphor, sorry I had to use a bad methaphor response... That goes for both your first one and this one...

From what I saw (and I may be wrong) I didn't see the wh0re getting attacked, but the act of wh0reing.

You used a bad metaphor, sorry I had to use a bad methaphor response... That goes for both your first one and this one...
    LOL. Actually, the first metaphor was spot-on and you screwed up your response and were called on it. Your response to my other metaphor pretty much proves my point, for which I thank you.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    SD may be fine and dandy, the issue everyone has with it is that it is deceptive about what it is. It's actually some sort of Indo/Mix system, and hardy the Shaolin it claims to be. That is why everyone dislikes it. It is the Gold Standard of BS martial schools.
    See the thing is here that most of the people assume that we do not know what it is and what it is not.

Master Sin was taugh at an early age the history and lineage of the style. why would he have any reason to question his master?? As a child I am sure that it was hard to come by info. that could prove or disprove what was being taught to him . Hell , even up until recently you could out find accurate info. on a lot of these styles.

Now considering how devoted he was to his master and the lack of written records , and all these other things it is still his word against someone elses. And if you want to claim the now written history and the biased views and all that that have been accumulated over the last decade or so that is fine but it really proves nothing. They have no proof either, except their own records.

The funny thing is that when Master Sin gives seminars on all these forms and styles he gives a history lesson about the systems and styles and the forms specifically and says exactly where it came from . Most of the time is syncs up right with the history that everyone else professes.

Considering the laws or discrimination that was reflected on the Chinese in Indonesia, it stand to reason why Ie Chang Ming would alter ,modify, adapt,etc the material to be taught to his student.What is wrong with this??

It states in many articles about SD that Ie Chang Ming spent time traveling around asia picking up different styles and systems from different masters until he decided to stay in Indonesia.

I think that to many people have misquoted and misread what has been presented in regards to SD and it's Grandmaster.

It is Shaolin Do . The way of Shaolin . THis could mean just about anything and can be misunderstood.

As for the claims of grandmaster. He is the GrandMaster of SHAOLIN DO . It does not say that he is grandmaster of all the shaolin styles , that he is the Grandmaster of the temples, or anything like this.

I defended someone who, while not technically a friend, I happen to like. tattoed's attacks were wrong.

No they were not . they are justified by the previous comments made on many other threads and posts.. I think these guys can defend themselves, although poorly and on the net!

Quote Originally Posted by shaolindoiscool View Post

the reason i put the clips out is to show my expression of these arts as i was taught in our system for anyone who is interested

best

bruce.
    You are welcome. The rest of the guys that practice CMA and are on this board think it has to look exactly like what everyone else does or it is not this or that. You are doing fine.

Late 1950 Judo/ Jujitsu
    1960 Karate
    1970 Kung fu
    1980 Nin JItsu
    1990 Kick Boxing
    2000 MMA and Ju Jitsu
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Hey I have an idea, lets merge this thread with that 1500 post ass monster over on the other forum!!
    Kung Fu is good for you.