View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 451 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551951 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post

Right... by you ragging a fellow SD'ers posture...
    I would do it no matter who they are. And it is not ragging. It is an honest observation.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    Texas is going MMA proper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    LMAO!!! That seems to be the way things are going out here in Cali too. Everyone claims this style or that style then a few months later they are teaching MMA / BJJ.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I would do it no matter who they are. And it is not ragging. It is an honest observation.
    Got one of yours to show how it should be done?
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

GM The' has admitted he took lessons from some other teachers even in Indonesia. What's wrong with a little cross-training? That's an awesome combo, IMO.

I think that GMT, SD, and it's practitioners do CMA the way it is supposed to be done and that almost everyone else that practices CMA is doing a bunch of movement without any martial application.

This would explain why it is that all these guys have to get "Real" martial training and fighting from non Chinese arts.

One thing these guys keep forgetting is the evolution of the arts. Our art evolved one way, their's evolved a different way . There are many factors as to why this has happened.

If anything that lives does not adapt , modify, and evolve in this ever changing world it will die.

This might be the reason CMA is dying, or for some people is already dead.
    So we can expect SD practitioners to start entering full-contact fight tournaments against other styles then? I look forward to it! I love to see things get shaken up.
    Last edited by boshea; 08-20-2007 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Added "against other styles"

LMAO!!! That seems to be the way things are going out here in Cali too. Everyone claims this style or that style then a few months later they are teaching MMA / BJJ.
    yeah...there was this group did that with tcma too!

Hey I know that guy well and I will tell you it is about the money made from the fad of BJJ not the style and as far as the stance is concerned that is not a Karate Niko Ashi Dachi for sure it isnt Karate at all unless Kara te is China Hand. I will debate the difference of SD to Karate any day so bring on the examples so I can destroy them KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    That's only one kwoon in Cedar Park; no other kwoon in Texas offers BJJ in their ciriculum. Personally, I can understand why he would include BJJ though, there really is no ground fighting in SD until brown belt, and that's not much more than kicking the guy that took you down. I think this sifu is more concerned about teaching a well rounded fighting system for his students, since MOST fights end up on the ground anyway.

As for his cat stance, he's obviously posing for a picture, so cut the guy some slack, really I can't believe the number of snobs on this forum.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Lamassu View Post
    As for his cat stance, he's obviously posing for a picture, so cut the guy some slack, really I can't believe the number of snobs on this forum.
    Oh, I can. Internet anonymity at it's finest!

I am not being a snob.

There is a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. If he is just posing then shouldn't he want the best pictures possible to represent himself?

With that collapsed knee and rolled ankle it shows an imbalance within the kinetic chain. There are muscles and tendons that should not be tight and weak in this stance that obviously are. His left foot should not be where it is located.He has a weak base of support and this would be the first thing I would go after in a fight.

The left shoulder,hip, knee, and ankle should be in direct alignment for there to be any strength in this stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    GM The' has admitted he took lessons from some other teachers even in Indonesia. What's wrong with a little cross-training? That's an awesome combo, IMO.
    Of course not. I do it all the time. It is fun and informative.

I am not being a snob.

There is a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. If he is just posing then shouldn't he want the best pictures possible to represent himself?

With that collapsed knee and rolled ankle it shows an imbalance within the kinetic chain. There are muscles and tendons that should not be tight and weak in this stance that obviously are. His left foot should not be where it is located.He has a weak base of support and this would be the first thing I would go after in a fight.

The left shoulder,hip, knee, and ankle should be in direct alignment for there to be any strength in this stance.
    Then why don't you just contact the guy and tell him he sux? Honestly, that would be better than smirking "behind" his back, that's what valley girls do.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Then why don't you just contact the guy and tell him he sux? Honestly, that would be better than smirking "behind" his back, that's what valley girls do.
    Why are you taking offense to my post?? I am not smirking behind his back. This is an open forum and I am speaking the truth. If the truth hurts......

Do you have experience in what Valley Girls do!?!!? Like omagosh!! Totally!!!

I did not say he SUX

Why are you taking offense to my post?? I am not smirking behind his back. This is an open forum and I am speaking the truth. If the truth hurts......
    I'm not offended, and your description of a cat stance is accurate, but in your earlier posts you start bashing the guy, which is kind of sad since he isn't on this forum to defend himself. It's like making fun of a quadraplegic and where's the fun in that?

Do you have experience in what Valley Girls do!?!!? Like omagosh!! Totally!!!
    Well if either of us had any experience in what valley girls do...you ARE in Cali.
    - Aristotle

- Arthur C. Clarke