View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 492 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592992 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    Yeah... have you noticed though that material in SD that is found elsewhere is more often than not that way?
    I have noticed that with every school, every style, everybody.....the same difference occurs between our schools...it was very obvious this weekend at our tourney....it's a difference in teachers.......everybody is different....it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.......GT made the point that he could watch someone do a form from SD & tell you who their teacher is........I've seen better Hua from SD students.....I went back and looked at all the clips from that school...the Chen clips I saw were not impressive at all...to me....that doesn't mean I do it better...just different.
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    I have noticed that with every school, every style, everybody.....the same difference occurs between our schools...it was very obvious this weekend at our tourney....it's a difference in teachers.......everybody is different....it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.......GT made the point that he could watch someone do a form from SD & tell you who their teacher is........I've seen better Hua from SD students.....I went back and looked at all the clips from that school...the Chen clips I saw were not impressive at all...to me....that doesn't mean I do it better...just different.
    BQ
    True & ST should be able to do that.

But to avoid beating the same dead horse hopefully, should Chen TJQ look/act/move/express/etc... like SD or like the Chen Village teachers who have done only one thing their entire life? Honestly... who's right in this? The people who carry because it's their legacy & teach it as such, or somebody who has a form or two saying "it's played this way, they only pretty it up & dumb it down" (Yes I've heard that statement, not those word, but that sentiment from wearer(s) of the candycane belt while in China)
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

But to avoid beating the same dead horse hopefully, should Chen TJQ look/act/move/express/etc... like SD or like the Chen Village teachers who have done only one thing their entire life? Honestly... who's right in this? The people who carry because it's their legacy & teach it as such, or somebody who has a form or two saying "it's played this way, they only pretty it up & dumb it down" (Yes I've heard that statement, not those word, but that sentiment from wearer(s) of the candycane belt while in China)
    That's easy....like the Chen village TEACHERS....Chen Tai Chi is Chen Tai Chi, not SD Tai Chi........have you seen GMS do Chen 83
    BQ

hi sean,

take chen xiao wang and chen zhong li as a example. look at their xin jia 83 form. they both express it very differently then look at chen yu. very very different expression. now look at Feng Zhiqiang and his expression all of these men are related to and or learned from chen fake directly or indirectly.

to add to that just type "chen xin jia taijiquan" into google video search and notice all of the variations of the same form ... which one is "correct" which one is "real"

and here for your entertainment is my expression of part of the xin jia form
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=15ZKEig-Osw
    not saying this is how it is "supposed to be" its just how i understand it :-)

best,

bruce
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by shaolindoiscool View Post
    hi sean,

take chen xiao wang and chen zhong li as a example. look at their xin jia 83 form. they both express it very differently then look at chen yu. very very different expression. now look at Feng Zhiqiang and his expression all of these men are related to and or learned from chen fake directly or indirectly.

to add to that just type "chen xin jia taijiquan" into google video search and notice all of the variations of the same form ... which one is "correct" which one is "real"

and here for your entertainment is my expression of part of the xin jia form
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=15ZKEig-Osw
    not saying this is how it is "supposed to be" its just how i understand it :-)

best,

bruce
    Absolutely correct...this is what I meant by everybody is different....Sean, may be talking about the principles of Chen Tai Chi....which all of the above follow, but not all of our students or students from other styles...as I have seen and I'm sure you have also in your travels
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Absolutely correct...this is what I meant by everybody is different....Sean, may be talking about the principles of Chen Tai Chi....which all of the above follow, but not all of our students or students from other styles...as I have seen and I'm sure you have also in your travels
    BQ
    ... you may have something there...

Oh I have seen ST do a piece of Chen, I've seen him do Yang on the KTV tapes... I've seen him do alot of things. I still same the same thing now as then. I don't want to get by him, but...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

You trailed off there, man. Come again?

... you may have something there...

Oh I have seen ST do a piece of Chen, I've seen him do Yang on the KTV tapes... I've seen him do alot of things. I still same the same thing now as then. I don't want to get by him, but...
    Did you mean to say "I still thinksame the same thing now as then. I don't want to get hitby him, but..."

I'm guessing I know what comes after the "but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Did you mean to say "I still thinksame the same thing now as then. I don't want to get hitby him, but..."

Yeah... ok... pretty good on all 3... JP for the win in playing grammatical guessing & fill in the blank

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post

....and that's the truth

Well after all the argueing this past weekend confirms even more so the SD link to the Shaolin Temples of Old. I am totally convinced even more than I was before that SD is the real deal. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Why is it you guys can never share all that proof positive evidence?

Wasn't it you that was going to take a list of questions to Sin The? Then you claimed you did ask him the questions and was completely convinced by the answers but could not reveal them to the public.

Don't be surprised when nobody believes you.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Why is it you guys can never share all that proof positive evidence?
    It's only for the in-door students....LOL........

I've seen things from both sides, and see in it its Shaolin heritage, as well as its Indonesian kuntao/silat side.

It's a personal thing man , and I did ask the questions but there was so much depth to the answers I couldnt recall it all. Also , I dont care if anyone believes me I just thought I would share what I thought about the seminar. Nothing to prove. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Well after all the argueing this past weekend confirms even more so the SD link to the Shaolin Temples of Old. I am totally convinced even more than I was before that SD is the real deal. KC
    Share with the rest of us & give insight on something the rest of us are apparently missing...