View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 499 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599999 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    8 pathways of immortality is what I think he is refering to. Follows up on Shien Tien Chi. Meditation pathways through the different points that make you feel all good and stuff.
    thanks gt.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    Bet the Ying Jow Pai folks would love to hear this...
    Credit was given to the proper people for the eagle claw lineage.

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Credit was given to the proper people for the eagle claw lineage.
    Cool... which line? What's the set name?
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Bad Info

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Hey CW,
    Your correct, the SDA site makes no claims...neither does the Lexington schools web site.
    BQ
    Website for the main Lexington School

http://www.sinthe.com/grandmaster.html

"Having learned the entire body of Shaolin weapon, empty hand, animal, and internal styles, Sin Kwang Thé became the youngest Grandmaster in Shaolin history. Any martial arts school is limited by the accumulated body of information available to the student. In Shaolin Do, this body of knowledge is almost limitless, as Grandmaster Thé constantly reveals new training and forms from the 900-plus Shaolin forms he has mastered. "

Quote Originally Posted by chiballsoffire View Post
    Website for the main Lexington School

http://www.sinthe.com/grandmaster.html

"Having learned the entire body of Shaolin weapon, empty hand, animal, and internal styles, Sin Kwang Thé became the youngest Grandmaster in Shaolin history. Any martial arts school is limited by the accumulated body of information available to the student. In Shaolin Do, this body of knowledge is almost limitless, as Grandmaster Thé constantly reveals new training and forms from the 900-plus Shaolin forms he has mastered. "
    that's a link to another site

Sean, you said

Bruce... the problem with the misinformation is there's been no active attempt by anybody to correct/clarify the statements.
    you even put the "by anybody" in large bold italic

So, I reply that some people have made an effort to "correct/clarify"

You respond with-

That could be for Atlanta (or even some), but that's just one(few) of many & does not too much to quell the years of stories & what not perpetuated by organization as a whole.
    What happened to "by anybody"?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Golden Tiger
    8 pathways of immortality is what I think he is refering to. Follows up on Shien Tien Chi. Meditation pathways through the different points that make you feel all good and stuff.

thanks gt.
    If you would like more info on it/them, just let me know.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Whip View Post
    Sean, you said

>>snipped<<

you even put the "by anybody" in large bold italic
    You're right I did. That was me. Where's a single website saying "Nope... didn't happen that way" or "...to clarify a misunderstanding"?

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Whip View Post
    So, I reply that some people have made an effort to "correct/clarify"

You respond with-

>>snipped<<

What happened to "by anybody"?
    Well ok. You got me there dead to rights, so let me clarify my statement...

By anybody in this context refers to Sin The or the immediate subordinates that maintain the organization in his name, flow of information in his name or for his benefit.

How's that?
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    so let me clarify my statement...

By anybody in this context refers to Sin The or the immediate subordinates that maintain the organization in his name, flow of information in his name or for his benefit.

How's that?
    spot on. direct.
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by sean
    Well ok. You got me there dead to rights, so let me clarify my statement...

How's that?

Well Sean, I am probably as close as you are going to get on here and while I am not 100% sure, I think about 30 pages ago, then again about 70 pages ago, then at 150 and 200 and oh yeah, 425 pages ago, I tried to set the record straight. Personally, I am past all the hype on the websites and am just thankful that I went to a demo when i was but a wee lad and starting taking classes.

I think what is out there now are sites created by people, who like myself, are very proud of what Master Sin has given to them and they continue to tell the stories that they were told by him and others. 100% accurate, 90%, heck 20%, it only seems to matter to those on here. Every student I have taugth or talked to would listen to all the names and background stories then go, okay, now please teach me how to fight. It is only the "purists" that really care.

And on a side note, it is my opinion that any school or teacher of SD (or even STao) that down plays the background of Master Sin and all is bad, very bad...but that is for another post.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Kool-Aid Anyone?

Well Sean, I am probably as close as you are going to get on here and while I am not 100% sure, I think about 30 pages ago, then again about 70 pages ago, then at 150 and 200 and oh yeah, 425 pages ago, I tried to set the record straight. Personally, I am past all the hype on the websites and am just thankful that I went to a demo when i was but a wee lad and starting taking classes.

I think what is out there now are sites created by people, who like myself, are very proud of what Master Sin has given to them and they continue to tell the stories that they were told by him and others. 100% accurate, 90%, heck 20%, it only seems to matter to those on here. Every student I have taugth or talked to would listen to all the names and background stories then go, okay, now please teach me how to fight. It is only the "purists" that really care.

And on a side note, it is my opinion that any school or teacher of SD (or even STao) that down plays the background of Master Sin and all is bad, very bad...but that is for another post.
    Ladies and Gentlemen....please give a big hand to Golden Shower....SD's chief Kool-Aid taste-tester. Goldie's taken some time off from his high-level duties to provide all you pee-ons (no pun intended) with his latest words of wisdom.

So, how's that private instruction going? What's the system called?....Rusty Trombone?

Quote Originally Posted by chiballsoffire View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen....please give a big hand to Golden Shower....SD's chief Kool-Aid taste-tester. Goldie's taken some time off from his high-level duties to provide all you pee-ons (no pun intended) with his latest words of wisdom.

So, how's that private instruction going? What's the system called?....Rusty Trombone?
    That's a constructive post. Thanks for contributing to the dialogue. Ad hominem arguments on what your 3rd post--way to get to the heart of the matter quickly. What's your axe to grind? Had a bad experience with SD or after eight years of Hung Gar do you want to join the martial arts police?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Well Sean, I am probably as close as you are going to get on here and while I am not 100&#37; sure, I think about 30 pages ago, then again about 70 pages ago, then at 150 and 200 and oh yeah, 425 pages ago, I tried to set the record straight. Personally, I am past all the hype on the websites and am just thankful that I went to a demo when i was but a wee lad and starting taking classes.
    GT you're right about that and I do believe you tried here. The problem GT is that "upper mgmt" hasn't. Kudos for trying, but you're like the rest of us who are or were... a voice in forest of 2 or 3 main control points.

Not so much purists per se (maybe so for some more than others), but people who want the truth. Documented, verfiable, traceable, undisputable truth.

Downplaying. How do you mean? I don't think any has suggested that openly. I don't know or remember... it was a late night teaching/training & it's early now.
    Last edited by sean_stonehart; 09-26-2007 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Early AM grammar corrections

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH, Sean there are maybe 8 out of 5000 who care about what you think the truth is. He// no body knows the truth. It is subjective. and as far as CBOF get a life man if you cant do HG well dont get pi//y at us. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH, Sean there are maybe 8 out of 5000 who care about what you think the truth is. He// no body knows the truth. It is subjective. and as far as CBOF get a life man if you cant do HG well dont get pi//y at us. KC
    Wow... such vitriol this early.

Truth isn't subjective. Truth tends to be based on facts proven and verified. When it gets subjective is when people put blinders on like a working horse to draw the carriage. All they see is what's in front of them.

From Dictionary.com

Truth - noun
    1. the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
    2. conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
    3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.
    4. the state or character of being true.
    5. actuality or actual existence.
    6. an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude.
    7. honesty; integrity; truthfulness.
    8. (often initial capital letter) ideal or fundamental reality apart from and transcending perceived experience: the basic truths of life.
    9. agreement with a standard or original.
    10. accuracy, as of position or adjustment.
    11. Archaic. fidelity or constancy.
    —Idiom
    12. in truth, in reality; in fact; actually: In truth, moral decay hastened the decline of the Roman Empire.