View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 504 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 44044544945025035045055065145546041004 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Thanks for posting. Keep in mind that some of your listed "disadvantages" are unique to your experiences in the CSC (such as the emphasis on vegans--wow, I had never heard that one before).
    Not in the South anyway...

We had some while I was there. They didn't last too long... too many omnivores & such for their delicate tastes & beliefs.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

I guess I should have rephrased my previous statement.

Jujitsu master who's teacher is of chinese descent and lives in china. From doing a basic internet search, it appears that jujitsu may have originated in China. I certainly don't have the experience in martial arts that others on this board do - so any assistance/knowledge is appreciated!

Why can't there be a chinese jujitsu? We have shaolin-do?

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Kua View Post
    There just isn't, bro.

I guess I should have rephrased my previous statement.

Jujitsu master who's teacher is of chinese descent and lives in china. From doing a basic internet search, it appears that jujitsu may have originated in China. I certainly don't have the experience in martial arts that others on this board do - so any assistance/knowledge is appreciated!

Ok then he's a Chinese - ju-jitsu teacher. Not a Chinese ju jitsu teacher.

There's plenty of arguments pro v con for Chinese origins of jujutsu.

Jujitsu happened when Americans & Brazilians got ahold of it.

The reason there's shaolin-do is the reason for this thread. Let's not add to it.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

So its OK to say Brazilian Jujitsu but not Chinese Jujitsu and Shaolin but not Shaolin Do but you can say Tao, jeez, what an arrogant biggot you guys have become. BTW Jujitsu most definately has its origins in Chin Na / seizing arts of China most everything Japan has is from China or the surrounding area. Give the guy a break. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Have to listen to instructors talk about politics and issue anti-U.S. rants when most people are there to learn martial arts.
    7. The desire of the school and students/instructors to "chinafy" themselves. Carry chopsticks, only read chinese literature, only watch kung fu movies, wear chinese hats, bash the U.S. - this is mainly a pet peeve only..
    Are they planning to restore the Ming Dynasty to the US?

Is SD preparing for a Boxer Rebellion?

Maybe they'll all head for the Mexican border to chase all the foreigners out of the country?

Sin The' might be hearing from Homeland Security after this post.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post

Maybe they'll all head for the Mexican border to chase all the foreigners out of the country?

The're not SD
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    So its OK to say Brazilian Jujitsu but not Chinese Jujitsu and Shaolin but not Shaolin Do but you can say Tao, jeez, what an arrogant biggot you guys have become. BTW Jujitsu most definately has its origins in Chin Na / seizing arts of China most everything Japan has is from China or the surrounding area. Give the guy a break. KC
    Get over yourself.

I never said the Brazilians were right about their *******izing jujutsu. It has one spelling. The Americans & Brazilians have decided to make it phonetic instead of correct.

And yes, it is not correct to say Chinese jujitsu.

Do = Cantonese, Tao = Mandarin. Take your pick ... Shaolin-Tao or Siu Lum Do. Either way pronounced properly still wouldn't matter given the subject at hand.

BTW... jujitsu has its origin in Japanese jujutsu which has some koryu schools acknowledging a connection to China and others not. Depends on the region & age of the school.

[QUOTE=bodhi warrior;800066]
    Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post

Then how can he say he is a master of these styles if the only way he knows them is through the manuscripts? If he did know them, then he must have forgotten them or they wouldn't have been close to being lost.
    Second sentence is correct......alot of the material he hasn't done for years and it helps to have reference material......I have everything I study on DVD and refer to it on a regular basis (teaching reference).
    BQ

Well, kung fu has always attracted an element that romanticizes Chinese culture, but I think, from my experience, that this is more of a CSC thing as well. Most of my classmates are rednecks (being from Tennessee and all).
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Most of my classmates are rednecks (being from Tennessee and all).

Naw... not y'all!!!

Wrong about the Ju jitsu thing sean i will explain later. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    The're not SD
    BQ
    Sorry, CSC and SD are all the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    I never said the Brazilians were right about their *******izing jujutsu. It has one spelling. The Americans & Brazilians have decided to make it phonetic instead of correct.
    I've heard that BJJ isn't even an offshoot or derived from Japanese Jujutsu. It's based on some other type of wrestling. Might have been Ross who posted that info, don't remember.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Sorry, CSC and SD are all the same to me.

I've heard that BJJ isn't even an offshoot or derived from Japanese Jujutsu. It's based on some other type of wrestling. Might have been Ross who posted that info, don't remember.
    BJJ comes from Judo.

Thanks for posting. Keep in mind that some of your listed "disadvantages" are unique to your experiences in the CSC (such as the emphasis on vegans--wow, I had never heard that one before).
    i think "pa kua" was speaking of the denver schools with the vegan/politics etc ... not to be confused with the atlanta csc's ...
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter