View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 506 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 64064564965045055065075085165566061006 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Nothing's "iffy" about it except the extent of Yue Fei's involvment. Some sources of Hsing Ie also attribute their art as developed by Yue Fei as well. He seems to be a popular figure to attribute the origins of a style to.

Note, I'm not debating the lineage of Ying Jow or Hsing Ie. Just noting that Yue Fei gets a lot of credit.
    Nah... I'm asking about "iffy" in his comment.

You're right though... Yue Fei gets lots of credit on things.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

The thing about the Chinese jujitsu, though, is that in China why would they call it Chinese jujitsu? He could certainly be teaching some sort of Chin Na, and he could just be using the term for convenience, but you would think a legitimate Chinese system STILL IN CHINA would have a Chinese name.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    The thing about the Chinese jujitsu, though, is that in China why would they call it Chinese jujitsu? He could certainly be teaching some sort of Chin Na, and he could just be using the term for convenience, but you would think a legitimate Chinese system STILL IN CHINA would have a Chinese name.
    Makes since to me MK
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Kua View Post
    When I spoke of CSCs I wasn't referring to Atlanta CSCs - sorry for any confusion.

Overall, the CSCs that I have seen are well run (i.e. professional). It's just that the politics get in the way of martial arts instruction and can ruin the experience which they shouldn't.

KC - can you offer any info on the chinese origins of jujitsu (websites etc)? Thanks!
    How do people fall into these kinds of schools (CSC)? Especially, parents who let their children attend. I can see the like minded getting off on this but not the everyday person with logic to see their behavior and mannerism. You wouldn't have to tell me twice, I'd be gone. Anyway, cant figure it out... Oh well.
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

Sounds like Sean was burned by SD or someone in it much like WS KC
    i wasnt really "Burned" By SD, persay. If anything, SD dissapointed me to the core when i discovered the fabrication in the lineage. If i was "Burned" at all by anything SD it was Joe Shaefer(just reiderating to KC since he decided to comment about it)

just for the record, before i decided to leave SD, i had done my research and found what i did regarding the su kong pics,and in being convinced of the lineage fabrication, and incorporating that into how i felt about the whole challenge situation and the shakey support i was given by joe and then the backing out at the last minute. I began to realize two important things about MY time at SD.

One is that in order to maintain your business(when you decide to put money priorities over honor, integrity and support of your loyals) you have to at least maintain a certain amount of neutrality with your competition in the area so that you do not create any undue animosity.

TWO: when you have a student, no matter how dedicated that student is to you and the school, if you dont like him personally or he is not the personality or ego that you really connect with, then it is quite easy to do subtle and passive things to get that student to leave rather than being upfront and asking him to leave because he is not wanted there(again this goes back to putting money priorities over honor integrity etc etc).
    I seems weird though that i had been given all this responsability there at the school, at one time, yet i was kept from quite a bit of the extra-curricular activities(demos at tourneys and such). It is why,in retrospect,i felt like i was taken advantage of and USED until i could hardly do anything anymore and it showed with others, the losing of too much weight and just looking like i was overworked.
    It was one of the main reasons why i moved in late 2000 to new mexico to try and teach SD out there(LOL what a BS trip that was). I needed the rest and recouperation and i had always wanted to teach on my own,yet i was NEVER Officially given any document stating that i was a "TEACHER", just a word of mouth by Joe that i could. No advice,No real Mentoring, no real connection other than an employer and employee relationship,which in my opinion, is NOT how a student and teacher relationship should be, even if he is employed with you).
    Anyway i am rambling,sorry bout that i could go on in detail about stuff. had to get it out of the noodle.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Blog Entries
    so how did you come to realize the lineage was fabricated? Did you find proof?

Isn't the whole Su Kong picture thing in this thread or was that another thread before it all consolidated into this one?

I still say face recognition software would an interesting way to compare the photos but I just don't knnow anyone with access to such. I did find one I was going to download but would prefer to use a working system.

I even thought about sending the pics to one of the leading developers and see if they would return the results.

Anyone reading this have access to face recognition?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

So if we are going to theorize, perhaps the Beijing Circus used a pic of Soo Kong Tai Jin for their advertisement. Just a thought since this whole thing is all doubt anyway. That would throw a monkey wrench in it right ?? also If Eagle Claw did not come from YUe Fei then it isnt legit either. man he sure did alot for a man who was killed at 39 years old. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Wish me luck this weekend. I'm testing........
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Good Luck

"Belt mean no need rope to hold up pants." - Mr. Myagi

j/k Best of luck to you sir. I'm sure you'll do well. Please tell SMM hello for me.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

breath! just another practice session, with a whole bunch of people watching you :-)

enjoy
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    So if we are going to theorize, perhaps the Beijing Circus used a pic of Soo Kong Tai Jin for their advertisement. Just a thought since this whole thing is all doubt anyway. That would throw a monkey wrench in it right ??
    Why would they use Su Kong's picture when they already had a hairy man? You're not really making sense although I do realize that's your point. It just isn't working.

Good luck JP.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

If you were a hairy guy and everybody saw you as a freak would you want your pic taken, well I wouldnt. Maybe that is why. Its all speculation anyway. KC

Or perhaps SKTJ didnt want his pic taken and Maser Ie saw LI bao Shu's pic and said that looks something like him I'll use that as a pic of SKTJ WHO CARES ANY WAY, little did he know a thing called th computer would develope so many geeks. KC

Good luck, broham. This is for 4th black, correct?