View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 51 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Originally posted by MasterKiller

Sin The' developed psychic powers and he knows who is calling before be picks up the phone...?
    That's a new one on me.

Originally posted by MasterKiller

It's your organization. Maybe you can step up and stop the retard stories. All they do is fan the flames.
    You're right, but extraodianary claims aren't exclusive to SD. Unfortunately, there's been so much conjecture for so long, I don't think these stories will ever fade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Originally posted by Judge Pen
    That's a new one on me.
    It's in his crap-fest book.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Well I've heard of the 6th sense training (dark room, sand bags on rope etc.) but I hadn't read that book or heard that claim before. Did you buy the book MK?
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Yeah, that does seem to be a problem. But I also think those stories are like any other. Each generation hears a slightly different version, embelishes the parts they forget and so forth and so on. Then you also have instructors that do the "my dad can beat your dad up" pimping in their classes to get the students fired up about what they are learning. Its not the best way but it happens.

Thing like that even happened to me. I was sparring with a class mate (huge mo fo) a long time ago, did some funky move, got lucky and he landed on his back flopping like a fish out of water. By the time I had heard what I "did" a week or two later, I had slaughtered the whole class. The great thing about it was that from then on, 80% of my matches were won before they started because of that rep.

So, I can't really blame any one for a little free advertisment.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Originally posted by Golden Tiger
    So, I can't really blame any one for a little free advertisment.
    Then you can't really blame us for thinking he's full of ****, either.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

6th sense ...hahahahaah.

sorry.

The purpose is not 6th sense in this type of training. It is the heightening of your other sense to a point where you are actually effectively using them.

awareness and complete being in the moment are often obscured as a 6th sense simply because the greater majority of us have the million noises in our heads all the time and multiple external distraction.

By shutting these down, we become hyper aware and our 5 actual senses become sharper.

example, a blind person hears better generally.

only one example, but you get the idea. If you lose your right arm, then your left arm will be better than either were before you lost the right arm.

anyway. I agree, no Martial art doesn't have it's share of bull cookies. Why should Sin Thé get pizzed on any more than anyone else that makes wild claims without proof?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Originally posted by Kung Lek

The purpose is not 6th sense in this type of training. It is the heightening of your other sense to a point where you are actually effectively using them.

awareness and complete being in the moment are often obscured as a 6th sense simply because the greater majority of us have the million noises in our heads all the time and multiple external distraction.

By shutting these down, we become hyper aware and our 5 actual senses become sharper.

example, a blind person hears better generally.

only one example, but you get the idea. If you lose your right arm, then your left arm will be better than either were before you lost the right arm.
    This is how I understood this training to work, and the name is a bit of a misnomer. Then again I've heard postures in our form translated to "duck flies out of heard" instead of flock, so much gets lost in the translation from time to time.

This is how I understood this training to work, and the name is a bit of a misnomer. Then again I've heard postures in our form translated to "duck flies out of heard" instead of flock, so much gets lost in the translation from time to time.
    You mean "out of herd" instead of heard? I thinking about wild geese.

Anyway, most know about Jack LaLane swiming with his hands and feet shackled, towing boats with several people in them while in the ocean bay. From what I recall, part of Master Sin's training for the snake style was that he learned to swim with his feet and hands tied. Somehow this has changed to his pecs. I thought that MK was making that up as another one of his snide remarks. Didn't know it was on somebody's webpage.
    Last edited by BM2; 01-28-2005 at 08:52 AM.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Oops. Typo. Heard, herd, flock what's the difference?

Oops. Typo. Heard, herd, flock what's the difference?
    Well given enough time it will be "Heard the duck"!
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Golden Tiger
    [B]
    By the time I had heard what I "did" a week or two later, I had slaughtered the whole class. QUOTE]

Uhh huh...Glad we cleared up the popcorn post That no good MK. He is just another dirty Republican trickster!!! I bet he even voted for Ralph Nader for President!! Got his name of the ticket in OK, from what I herd,heard, you know what I mean.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Quote from SevenStar

Originally posted by BM2
    I thought that MK was making that up as another one of his snide remarks. Didn't know it was on somebody's webpage.
    I don't have to make this stuff up. You guys provide me with a plethora of material.

MR Ducks
    MR Knott
    MR Sew
    Cedar Wings?
    Whale oil beef hooked!
    MR Ducks!

(two newfs in a boat on a lake)
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Just keep your young daughters away from the Austin schools...

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...threadid=35128

You sir, are full of hate.