View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 510 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 104104605005085095105115125205606101010 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Chiballsoffire wasnt it you who were going to a seminar at Rusty Grays in Nashville ? That really takes away from your credibility if you have any. Dont talk to me about Conmen if you go there for lessons. You want the truth then you ask him we apparantly dont have the answers you seek. KC BTW if you are in Nashville I will be glad to work out with you if you promise to be gentle haha
    Do you mean Grandmaster Gray has a first name? I was speaking to a student in Nashville who meant Grandmaster Gray and that was how he introduced himself to someone that he never met. That's a bit offputting. Say what you what about GM The', he's as humble and down to earth in person as anyone I've met.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

MK actually doesn't care that much about this issue. But it's the most active thread on this board and keeps him amused at work.

This thread keeps me amused at work to, but your contribution to it is beneficial and welcome even if I don't agree with you.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    This thread keeps me amused at work to, but your contribution to it is beneficial and welcome even if I don't agree with you.
    But you didn't speak of yourself in the cool 3rd person like MK did there. That was amusing in itself...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    Who's to say he DOESN'T have something signed by Ie that names him grandmaster? Do you know he doesn't have that document?
    I'm sure you don't see how ridiculous this sounds or you wouldn't say it but why would he offer up a lesser document to back up his claim?

I can claim Bruce Lee named me the GM of JKD before he died and you can't prove I don't have the document proving it can you? It could be hidden somewhere in my closet right?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    MK actually doesn't care that much about this issue. But it's the most active thread on this board and keeps him amused at work.
    Pretty much same here but I do think some of the BS in CMA needs to do cleaned up and this thread seems to be actively attempting to do so as ar as SD goes. Plus I think it would really shake things up if there's some provable truth behind some of these claims.

So I agitate sometimes for 2 reasons - get the truth out and to get this thread to 500 pages, or infinity and beyond!
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    But you didn't speak of yourself in the cool 3rd person like MK did there. That was amusing in itself...
    I guess MK's cooler then me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I'm sure you don't see how ridiculous this sounds or you wouldn't say it but why would he offer up a lesser document to back up his claim?

I can claim Bruce Lee named me the GM of JKD before he died and you can't prove I don't have the document proving it can you? It could be hidden somewhere in my closet right?

Pretty much same here but I do think some of the BS in CMA needs to do cleaned up and this thread seems to be actively attempting to do so as ar as SD goes. Plus I think it would really shake things up if there's some provable truth behind some of these claims.

So I agitate sometimes for 2 reasons - get the truth out and to get this thread to 500 pages, or infinity and beyond!

As I've said, I've seen a transcription of a letter reportedly from Master Ie to GM The' which would validate the promotion to 10th if true. Interestingly, this letter is not validated by Master The' or anyone in his camp. It references Master Ie's travels, GM The's promotion, and the rumored familial relationship between Master Ie and the The brothers (which Master Hiang advoctes and Master The' denies). If the contents of the letter are true, then it would serve as some validation of the promotion. I have doubts because the origin of the letter (it was provided, to my knowledge, by one of Hiang's students and reposted here ages ago), but it does reference three "treasures" that Master Ie gave to Master The': One being Master Ie's pipe, which I've seen with my own eyes.

It may be that the letter is fake. It may be that it is true. At this point its all interesting supposition since I've never seen the actual letter, had it idenpendantly translated etc.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    This thread keeps getting funnier each day. Well I have a letter from Dr Massaki Hatsumi that says that I'm going to be the 35th generation Gradmaster of his lineage of Ninjutsu. I even have a personal shuriken of his to prove that this is an authentic letter that only he wrote.

Well first off I do interact and post with other people that do my style. My style is Sil Lum Kung Fu which is the Cantonese pronounciation of Shaolin. We use the term Sil Lum instead of Shaolin because we do not wish to be associated with a bogus art such as Shaolin Do Karate, espacially since we are in the same town as "grandmaster" Sin The'. Being associated with that organization is bad for business.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Well first off I do interact and post with other people that do my style. My style is Sil Lum Kung Fu which is the Cantonese pronounciation of Shaolin. We use the term Sil Lum instead of Shaolin because we do not wish to be associated with a bogus art such as Shaolin Do Karate, espacially since we are in the same town as "grandmaster" Sin The'. Being associated with that organization is bad for business.
    And trying to discredit SD is probably good for your business, no?

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    An example of interaction... From the Dragon's List

Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Dragon_03
    from the dragon's list...
    ------------------
    training exercises
    I was wanting to get some suggestions from people on some traditional training/conditioning exercises like what you would see in the old kung fu movies. I plan on using some of these with my students so that they don't get bored with the same ole' exercised. I'm looking for conditioning and training exercises. For example, I was planning on the conditioning exercise where the student gets in a push up position and he holds that while an inscent stick is burning under his chest (if he drops it would burn him). Another one was doing push ups on the back of thier wrists. If anyone knows of any off the wall stuff like this please post it. Thanks.

Pain is temporary pride is forever.
    Welcome to the fire... it was safer in the frying pan...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

I don't have to discredit SD, it does that all on its own. I mean come on....an art using japanese uniforms and japanese terms, claiming to teach a chinese art by a man from indonesia. It doesn't take a mental heavyweight to figure this one out. Besides I have a brown belt from Sin The'. I got it back in the early 80's. I know what he teaches. I think that gives me the right to say what I think and know to be true about SD.

I know that when I studied under him you could not make ANY contact when sparring. He taught Japanese weapons such as the nunchucks and sai. Whats up with that? We have a saying....Sin us the money and you can Hiang your diploma on the wall. Funny huh?

Cnchxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hear a very large axe being grinded.

Tell me, mkriii, do you know Frank Sexton?

Or can you tell me about the deadly vibrating palm technique!
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 10-01-2007 at 09:41 AM.

why do you ask? What does Frank Sexton have to do with this discussion? Or vibrating palms? Frank Sexton is with Ng family not Shaolin Do.
    Last edited by mkriii; 10-01-2007 at 09:44 AM.