View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 512 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 124124625025105115125135145225626121012 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    If Master Dufresne appologized for Frank's comments it was only to be polite not because it was his student.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    If Master Dufresne appologized for Frank's comments it was only to be polite not because it was his student.
    He sought me out and sent a message to my private e-mail. It was more than being polite, don't you think? I don't see eye to eye with J. Dufresene on everything, but he has always treated me with respect and class, so I can respect that about him (others may have a different opinion, but thats been my personal experience). Given that, you have a lot still to learn from your teacher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

You wouldn't let him use a Quan Do from your school? My teacher would let me borrow any weapon I wanted to if I was going to compete. He let any of his students use the schools weapons but I guess Grandmaster Sin would rather the student buy thier own weapon (from him of course). And yes it was sad and funny at the same time.

You wouldn't let him use a Quan Do from your school? My teacher would let me borrow any weapon I wanted to if I was going to compete. He let any of his students use the schools weapons but I guess Grandmaster Sin would rather the student buy thier own weapon (from him of course). And yes it was sad and funny at the same time.
    There's no requirement that I buy weapons from Master Sin or my teachers. I buy them where I want to. And I'm sure he could have borrowed one. Maybe the kid made it himself and was proud of that. For you to point to something as asinine as this as further support of your opinion of SD and its multiple faults shows your character, not anyone in SD.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

You know what, last time I checked the name of this thread it was "Is Shaolin Do real?" It was my impression that the person who started this thread wanted information and input on this style of martial art. That is what I have done. I have given him my opinion based on what I have seen and done (21 years ago) in Shaolin Do Karate. He may do what he wishes with what I have said. If he wants to ignore it then thats fine.

You know what, last time I checked the name of this thread it was "Is Shaolin Do real?" It was my impression that the person who started this thread wanted information and input on this style of martial art. That is what I have done. I have given him my opinion based on what I have seen and done (21 years ago) in Shaolin Do Karate. He may do what he wishes with what I have said. If he wants to ignore it then thats fine.

Appropriately, this thread was started by a troll. This first post of this thread was his only post. I'm not faulting you for posting your experiences--I welcome them--but the manner of your posts are insulting and full of venom and ignorance. That's what offends me.

But, then again, its a public internet forum. It attracts all kinds so I shouldn't be surprised.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 10-01-2007 at 01:39 PM.

I'm not the only one who thinks this. Every forum that I have been to has made SD the joke of the forum. Why are you singling me out? Why not the 100's of others on this forum or the Dragon's List that has made similiar comments? Or is it because I'm from the Ng family of kung fu or from Four Seasons Kung Fu & Wu Shu Academy? So I notice you never mentioned the attack on Master Dufresne at Sin The's tournament back in the 80's. Eight or nine SD students tried to beat him and his partner up but failed. It was all set up and orchastrated by Hwiang The'. Did anyone ever appologize for that incident, not to my knowledge.

OK Baqualin...I don't know what I'm talking about? If thats not the pot calling the kettle black...LMAO.

That statement makes absolutely no since at all

I was judging at Ken Eubank's Bluegrass National Karate Tournament and saw this little blonde hair kid (about 15 or 16 yrs old) coming to the ring I was judging at. He was carrying a homemade Quan Do made with a cardboard blade on top of a pole. To top it all off he was wearing a Shaolin Do Karate uniform. It was so funny that it was sad. Poor kid, he tried his best though despite the make shift Quan Do.
    I thought we couldn't compete in outside tourneys

If Sin The is truely the Grandmaster of Shaolin Kung Fu then why is he not in China living in one of the Shaolin Temples? Oh no you can compete at open tournament but I heard GM Sin frowns apon it. Thats prob. why he had his makeshift Quan Do. As for the old saying about the pot calling the kettle black, you never heard that one before?
    Last edited by mkriii; 10-01-2007 at 01:49 PM.

I'm not the only one who thinks this. Every forum that I have been to has made SD the joke of the forum. Why are you singling me out? Why not the 100's of others on this forum or the Dragon's List that has made similiar comments? Or is it because I'm from the Ng family of kung fu or from Four Seasons Kung Fu & Wu Shu Academy? So I notice you never mentioned the attack on Master Dufresne at Sin The's tournament back in the 80's. Eight or nine SD students tried to beat him and his partner up but failed. It was all set up and orchastrated by Hwiang The'. Did anyone ever appologize for that incident, not to my knowledge.
    That's because we don't come on here and bash anybody...your the one draging this sh!t up not us....this has nothing to do with this thread or GMS or SD....I could say alot but I refuse to be CHILDISH like you
    BQ

I'm singling you out for your attitude. I've spoken with several people who may share your opinion on many of these points. Heck, I'm friends with some of them. I've crossed hands with others. Its all respectful and adult debate. Its the hotheads that spout off that get me ticked.

I have nothing agasint the Ng family. I trained with a guy who learned from Ng and he even taught me some of their forms ages ago. Its pretty good stuff. I know there was a rivalry that culminated in the incident with Dufresne, but to me that is ancient history. I wasn't there. Neither was Master Sin. I don't know what happened, but in all fairness neither do you. You know what J. Dufresne told you. I know what I've been told by some eye-witnesses. I know what J. Dufresne said about the incident, but I know that despite all of that, I don't know what really happened. I know there is a difference of opinion that will never be sorted out. I also know enough not to go around digging up the bones of the past, like this incident, as evidence of the current characther of an art that is comprised mainly of people who were not in control or even around with this happened.

As for other forums, I don't post on DL and I don't have the time to invest in another forum. I never put any stock in what others think. I'd be glad to sit down and have a beer or sweat with them in the kwoon if they want to know about my experiences. That's all I can control. If others think the same, then they are entitled to their opinion. Doesn't make it any more or less accurate, does it?

If Sin The is truely the Grandmaster of Shaolin Kung Fu then why is he not in China living in one of the Shaolin Temples?

Oh no you can compete at open tournament but I heard GM Sin frowns apon it.

Thats prob. why he had his makeshift Quan Do.

As for the old saying about the pot calling the kettle black, you never heard that one before?
    Only when it's used properly and you didn't

I wan't bashing SD until you lit in on me for speaking my oppinion on SD. I brought up the "did anyone appolagize about the attack on Dufresne" because you brought it up and said Dufresne appolagized about Frank Sextons comment. Your the one that brought up the past not me when you brought Frank Sexton into the conversation, did you not?
    Last edited by mkriii; 10-01-2007 at 01:56 PM.

If Sin The is truely the Grandmaster of Shaolin Kung Fu then why is he not in China living in one of the Shaolin Temples? Oh no you can compete at open tournament but I heard GM Sin frowns apon it. Thats prob. why he had his makeshift Quan Do. As for the old saying about the pot calling the kettle black, you never heard that one before?
    He doesn't frown as far as I know. And you're guessing a lot about one kid with a home-made Kwan dao. My first kwan dao was homemade also. It's still my favorite.

You really should stop speaking about things that you don't know about.

As far as GMS not living in China in the temple all I can say is "really?" You think that makes a difference? Come on, you do Silum which is the cantonese pronouciation, right? Why isn't your teacher living in a temple too? What does that prove? The temples there now have been rebuilt and repopulated. Much of what was shaolin or silum left and has spread, but that doesn't make it any less shaolin (silum).

It was all set up and orchastrated by Hwiang The'. Did anyone ever appologize for that incident, not to my knowledge.[/QUOTE]

You might find a little fuel for the split (between MH & GMS)here...... you ask about in a earlier post....mister kettle