View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 513 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 134134635035115125135145155235636131013 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    I wan't bashing SD until you lit in on me for speaking my oppinion on SD. I brought up the "did anyone appolagize about the attack on Dufresne" because you brought it up and said Dufresne appolagized about Frank Sextons comment. Your the one that brought up the past not me when you brought Frank Sexton into the conversation, did you not?

BQ

Well, I know the senior members of Shaolin-Do here are not impressed with MRKIII's comments, but I would urge them to truly listen to what he's saying.

I find his posts full of pertinent, useful, and well-thought-out information. His words have struck me to the very core, and my core shakes as if the leviathans of the deep were turning in the slime of the prime.

Oh......****.....that ain't the leviathans of the deep. I just had Taco Bell.

Excuse me.

I wan't bashing SD until you lit in on me for speaking my oppinion on SD. I brought up the "did anyone appolagize about the attack on Dufresne" because you brought it up and said Dufresne appolagized about Frank Sextons comment. Your the one that brought up the past not me when you brought Frank Sexton into the conversation, did you not?

Yes I did. I left your teacher out of it, because I respected him for his treatment of me in the past. But let's be fair here, your first post was this
    So GM Sin The' claims he is the grandmaster? Well it's kind of funny how he can go from an 8th degree BB to a 10th degree BB in a matter of a few months. He leaves the country and comes back 2 degrees higher. I studied under Grandmaster Sin back in the early 80's and came to my senses and saught out some real martial art training. I've hear numerous stories of how he one some tournament and decided after that that he was good enough to be a 10th degree BB some he self promoted himself.
    Attacking GMS' claim of being the grandmaster of his own system not from an outsider's position, like the conversations here with Yao Sing, but as if you had inside knowledge. You don't, but you acted like you did. Next:

I know that my teacher was at a tournament where Sin The' was twirling a staff that was on fire and he spun it so fast that the flames went out. After doing this he (sin the') said he was so good that he should be a 10th degree black belt. We will never know the truth because the former GM and Hairy Man are both dead. It is sad that there are so many people that are brain washed by all this BS. I know it's BS because I was a student of GM Sin's back at the Sin The' Sports Center on Richmond Rd. back in the early 80's (1982 I think).
    You weren't at the tournament, so your taking someone else's word, but then you jump right in an claim that we are all brainwashed by bs. Well that's a spurrious comment and one that is in contradiction with many here who openly and thoughfully discuss the lineage and history issues. Trust me, I practice this art with free will and open eyes. Then, after I pointed out you seemed to have an ax to grind, your tone changed for a while. But eventually you went back to to talking about how funny things were and how silly your training was (when you were a kid).

Maybe I've been to harsh on you. Maybe its because my legs are so sore that I can barely walk this morning after leaving everything I had on the mat yesterday for my test that I'm grumpier and taking things a bit to personally. But we certainly got off on the wrong foot here. I think you should adopt the attitude of one of your previous posts:
    I think that everyone should just let Sin The' be. If you choose to believe he is the GM and believe his lineage story then believe it, if you don't believe then so be it. debating this issue will not solve a thing. GM Sin The' will continue to teach and oversee 100's of Shaolin Do schools. I personally don't believe all he claims to know or even believe he deserves his 10th degree black belt or title of Grandmaster. I think that is something that you have to earn and I don't believe he earned it. I think he promoted himself. Having said that, nothing has changed. So as i asked before, is anything going to change with this debate. I doubt it.
    If that's how you belienve, then great. Peace to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Yes I did. I left your teacher out of it, because I respected him for his treatment of me in the past. But let's be fair here, your first post was this

Attacking GMS' claim of being the grandmaster of his own system not from an outsider's position, like the conversations here with Yao Sing, but as if you had inside knowledge. You don't, but you acted like you did. Next:

You weren't at the tournament, so your taking someone else's word, but then you jump right in an claim that we are all brainwashed by bs. Well that's a spurrious comment and one that is in contradiction with many here who openly and thoughfully discuss the lineage and history issues. Trust me, I practice this art with free will and open eyes. Then, after I pointed out you seemed to have an ax to grind, your tone changed for a while. But eventually you went back to to talking about how funny things were and how silly your training was (when you were a kid).

Maybe I've been to harsh on you. Maybe its because my legs are so sore that I can barely walk this morning after leaving everything I had on the mat yesterday for my test that I'm grumpier and taking things a bit to personally. But we certainly got off on the wrong foot here. I think you should adopt the attitude of one of your previous posts:

If that's how you belienve, then great. Peace to you.
    Hey JP, I can't believe your giving this guy so much of your attention, lol... I don't know this guy and have nothing against him or his view/s, but, whatch ya do'n, lol...

On a serious note, SD is SD, possibly more, possibly less who knows? The point I'm making is, lets get onto some actual SD coversation/s that varify, disprove, or neither. Anything but this bullsh#t...

Anyway, I still haven't been able to really trace back any of the ST's lineage names to current SD or kungfu school affiliates in indonesia or China. At this point, I dont think I really care anymore. I was just curious about SD lineage and authenticity not spending hours researching SD. Those hours I need for my own personal training, know what I mean? Anywho, still interesting, can't wait to meet up with some of you guys....
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

Sin The's Karate book on half .com

I ordered this book when the post was put up about it. I just got notice that my account was refunded with no explanation. It was supposed to be here at the latest last friday . What BS.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I'm sure you don't see how ridiculous this sounds or you wouldn't say it...
    You guys are as dependable as gas the day after taco night. So it's okay for YOU YOURSELF to say this, just, like, one freaking day ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    ...there seems to be a lack of concrete evidence for either position...
    ... but it's not okay for me to say essentially exactly the same thing only from the SD perspective? OH WAIT, it's because I said it from the SD perspective.

Now go ahead, write a long treatise on how the large gaping hole of consistency in your approach is actually justified because you didn't really mean it the way you wrote it.

By the way, JP - congrats.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post

BQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Citong Shifu View Post
    Hey JP, I can't believe your giving this guy so much of your attention, lol... I don't know this guy and have nothing against him or his view/s, but, whatch ya do'n, lol...

On a serious note, SD is SD, possibly more, possibly less who knows? The point I'm making is, lets get onto some actual SD coversation/s that varify, disprove, or neither. Anything but this bullsh#t...

Anyway, I still haven't been able to really trace back any of the ST's lineage names to current SD or kungfu school affiliates in indonesia or China. At this point, I dont think I really care anymore. I was just curious about SD lineage and authenticity not spending hours researching SD. Those hours I need for my own personal training, know what I mean? Anywho, still interesting, can't wait to meet up with some of you hguys....
    I think hiang's website lists some names he studied with.

The New SDAwebsite.....

...is up and running. I am glad to here that SML is doing well.

So....

...who is the new douche bag MRKIII??

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Whatever man. We all know what SD is all about. End of subject. That all I'm going to say about it.

11. Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Whatever man. We all know what SD is all about. End of subject. That all I'm going to say about it.

phew glad thats over

hahaha

Blog Entries
    just got through checking out the new website and noticed a change in the story of gm Ie. I have two books that state gm Ie was taking a short cut when confronted by the soldiers he killed. On the new website it says his wife was being attacked by the soldier. Anyone have any info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    just got through checking out the new website and noticed a change in the story of gm Ie. I have two books that state gm Ie was taking a short cut when confronted by the soldiers he killed. On the new website it says his wife was being attacked by the soldier. Anyone have any info on this?

Ooops... conflicting stories... need clarification on isle 3.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    Ooops... conflicting stories... need clarification on isle 3.
    *sigh* It's a thankless job.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Blog Entries