View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 516 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 164164665065145155165175185265666161016 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Hello all. How the heck are all you SD students and teachers? Hope the world is treating you good. I feel on top of the world. Life is good....no, life is grand because I am grand. I see my old buddy Mei Hua has joined the forum. He's a great guy and shares a lot of my opinions. As a matter of fact I told him about this great conversation we've been having and told him he should join in. Do you not like the DL?

So MKRiii's buddy calls SD LARPers, all the while MKRiii was getting conditioning ideas from Shaw Brothers' movies?

I love this thread!

Life is indeed grand.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

So I have a question for all you SD people, Are you tring to tell me that GM Sin has mastered over 600 forms? And he did this by age 25 when he was given the title of GM? He didn't start training till age 6. that means he mastered 37.5 forms a year. Thats 600 forms devided by the number of years he had trained (which is 16) and thats 37.5

Unbelievable. He must be like rainman. No human can master that many forms unless he has supernatural powers.

I like how you TRY to turn the tables on me by bringing up the training exercises from shaw bros. movies. Well it didn't work. Your just trying to take the heat off you.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    So I have a question for all you SD people, Are you tring to tell me that GM Sin has mastered over 600 forms? And he did this by age 25 when he was given the title of GM? He didn't start training till age 6. that means he mastered 37.5 forms a year. Thats 600 forms devided by the number of years he had trained (which is 16) and thats 37.5

Unbelievable. He must be like rainman. No human can master that many forms unless he has supernatural powers.
    OMG!!!! You're absolutely right! Never in all my training have I thought about this before. While we're on the subject aren't we, a chinese martial art school, wearing Japanese gi's, and isn't 'Do' Japanese for 'the way'? No no, none of this is making sense at all!

Mei Hua! I beg you earnestly to take me in as your student in (insert whatever crappy MA you claim to teach and know)! mkriii, could you give a good word for me to the ultimate super duper granddaddy of complete and total awesomeness Mei Hua? I feel it's fate that has brought him into my life and I must LEARN from him!

so many lies... so many lies...
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

I tell you what Lamassu, maybe....just maybe he will take you on as his student if you spill a whole bowl of rice and then pick them up and count them one at a time like GM Sin did. If you get the correct amount he might except you as his student.

I like how you TRY to turn the tables on me by bringing up the training exercises from shaw bros. movies. Well it didn't work. Your just trying to take the heat off you.
    For the record, I am not and have never been an SD'er.

So why defend SD? Are you just a wanna be SD student or Did GM Sin not want you as a student?

So why defend SD? Are you just a wanna be SD student or Did GM Sin not want you as a student?
    I wish! I've been trying to learn the secrets of Golden Snake since I was 15!

Why's it gotta all be about SD? He was just calling you out for being a doofus. No more, no less.

Although, MK, you've posted so much on the subject we could always make you an honorary SD'er.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

I tell you what Lamassu, maybe....just maybe he will take you on as his student if you spill a whole bowl of rice and then pick them up and count them one at a time like GM Sin did. If you get the correct amount he might except you as his student.
    So I get to spill the bowl of rice? Sweet! Mei Hua is a kind and generous teacher to let me in (insert whatever crappy MA you claim to teach and know) so easily.

There I'm done! There are 845 grains of rice. Boy was that easy!
    - Aristotle

- Arthur C. Clarke

846 grains of rice, you were one off. Guess your not excepted.

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    Although, MK, you've posted so much on the subject we could always make you an honorary SD'er.
    I barely have time to keep up my own handsets.

846 grains of rice, you were one off. Guess your not excepted.
    No, you're wrong. Since I was the one that spilled the bowl of rice then I already knew how many were in there to start with. 845. You shame Mei Hua.
    - Aristotle

- Arthur C. Clarke