View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 52 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354621021525521052 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Originally posted by lxtruong
    You sir, are full of hate.
    It's a Public Service Announcement. Don't shoot the messenger.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

-edit-

Forget it. I'm not even going to address this.
    Last edited by lxtruong; 01-28-2005 at 12:32 PM.

Thumbs down

Yeah, that was a little out of line there, even for you MK. Sure, you can throw a stab at SD by it but there is nothing funny nor should something like that be used even in jest.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Originally posted by Golden Tiger
    Yeah, that was a little out of line there, even for you MK. Sure, you can throw a stab at SD by it but there is nothing funny nor should something like that be used even in jest.
    Who was joking? I have 2 daughters. If someone posted info like this about a place I was considering, I would appreciate it.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Seriously, crap like that happens in all types of venues. It's sad whenever it occurs, but it would be wrong to imply that SD was part of the problem. It's sad that it happend, and sad that he met the minor in his school. People like that have serious issues and unfortunately, they are not always easy to spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

It's a Public Service Announcement. Don't shoot the messenger.
    Should've been in a seperate thread then.

Originally posted by Brad
    Should've been in a seperate thread then.
    It is, smart guy. I posted the link to that thread.

Well, it certainly doesn't belong in this thread "smart guy", unless you're planning on making an arguement that Shaolin-Do as an organization somehow condones this. If you're trying to imply something about the organization as a whole(which is what it seems by adding it to the "is SD for real" thread) then at least have the guts to come out an say it.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Just keep your young daughters away from the Austin schools...

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...threadid=35128
    that's texas for ya They seperate their men from their boys with a crowbar, so I hear.
    Steel sharpens on rock. Man sharpens on man.

Originally posted by Wharg0ul
    that's texas for ya They seperate their men from their boys with a crowbar, so I hear.
    Yep, thats Denver for ya....thinks child molesting is a joke.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Originally posted by Golden Tiger
    Yep, thats Denver for ya....thinks child molesting is a joke.
    Actually, I'm in Colorado Springs. But it's a general dislike for Texans here. It's not child molestation I make jokes about, it's texans.
    Steel sharpens on rock. Man sharpens on man.

GT i train under master mike kemper i am sure that if you trained in lexington you should know him, he talks about all the same locations that you do.
    the thing about loranz and that girl is just sad, i have meet him and it is true that you never know who would do that and what kind of person someone really is, but the facts of it is that he needs help! lots of Psych help, people who do this alot of the times look for places and jobs that will put them close to the target group, I do hope for him that this was just something that just worked around this way and not something that was planed and worked towards

I have a daughter and if it were mine i would besure he good help, HIGH SPEED LEAD THEREPY!!!! after alot of pain time to think about what he had done and what i had cut off
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

i thought master sin swam with his hands and feet tied and crawled with his pecs (on dry land) and that master ie was the one who did the pole climing?? and the 6th sense thing i agree with JP as to how i was told it worked
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Originally posted by shen ku
    i thought master sin swam with his hands and feet tied and crawled with his pecs (on dry land)

that's what i was told. i take everything they tell me about gm sin with a grain of salt. i just take what i can and will leave the rest behind.

like i said in the other thread, the guy was charged not convicted.

what is it with you hot heads anyway.

have you happened to see mystic river yet?

get it into ya and get some perspective.

Having said that:

If he is guilty as charged as found by due process then he has abused a position of trust.

Also, it is indicative of a problem in the screening process within the organization he works in.

if the charges are trumped up, then he is getting screwed over big time by a churlish brat.

still wanna put lead in him?

You murcans freak me out with your knee jerk reactions to things in your society that are taboo.

You'll watch slaughter and gore on tv all day and let your kids watch it too but god forbid they should see people making love.

that's ****ed up right there on an ethical and moral level.
    Kung Fu is good for you.