View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 520 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 204204705105185195205215225305706201020 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by chiballsoffire View Post
    From what you've previously said you stated you were an instructor in the SD internal program......and this is how you spend your free time? That in and of itself is an indictment of at least the school where you teach.
    Indictment? You don't know what that word means do you.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    ummm....MMA clubs are usually full-contact MMA. Otherwise, they aren't MMA clubs. Most people who train MMA never intend on fighting outside of class.

You can train MMA safely..though sometimes sh1t just happens.
    No. Not full-contact. You wear gloves, you hit hard, but you're not trying to "hurt" and "put-down" your classmates, or you would not have any classmates.

You go full-contact on the night of the fight. You're out to hurt someone and put them down.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Well, Chuck can clearly be seen on www.thepit.tv wearing a black Gi and teaching kids. He obviously is a LARPer, too.

You said it. Not me. Chuck, don't hurt 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    I've heard stories by SD students that say GM sin can jump up and sit on top of a basketball rim,
    I saw him do it. You wouldn't think it, but GM Sin has mad hops. He went for a windmill, but jumped too high, and wound up sitting on the rim. Technically, it's offensive interference. But we didn't know how to referee it, since he was the one on offense, and was the one that committed the offense.

I've heard SD students say he kicked the wall of Lexington Catholic gym at a tournament and made the WHOLE building shake,
    It's true. Of course, that was the year of the infamous Lexington earthquake, so we're still not sure if it was the earthquake, or if the kick started the earthquake.

I've heard SD students brag that GM sin can use his metior fist to take someone out so fatst that he can be seated in the middle of a gymnasium go to the entrance and take someone out and be back in the middle of the gym floor without anyone seeing this being done.
    No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. He can take someone out back, behind the gymnasium, where nobody can see, knock someone out, and then go back and take a seat in the gymnasium.

This has all come from SD students that I have met over the years. They all believe this to be true. And on top of that they say that the metior fist is so deadly that GM sin hasn't taught it to anyone.
    Sure, he's teaching it now.

What do you have to say to these claims (all made by SD students)?
    Same thing I say to people who pick bones with 'em on the internet over their harrows as SD brown belts: Get over it, dude. Put down the weed. Charlie is not in the bushes.

Oh, there are stories like that at every school. Usually more tame. Sometimes, not so much.

One more thing, I have seen a SD student who was a black belt teach a tai chi form, supposedely the yang 24 form but it looked nothing like what I have seen anyone do. The guy's name was Wilbur. He teaches tai chi at Pikeville College in Pikeville Ky. VERY strange charactor. He believes he is the reincarnation of Hairy Man. He truely believes this. Do you know of him?
    Look at my avatar. I AM HIM, B1TCH!

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Yeah, well look at your location......perm. state of denial. Thats for sure. That describes you to a tee. Your in denial about SD and how bad SD students are. But hey, if doing SD makes them feel good and gives SD students that sense of false security that they need then more power to them. Whatever floats your boat. I my self would rather learn a martial art that doesn't have so much skepticism surrounding it or an art that people don't make fun of. I'd rather study an art that people respect and won't snicker at. I'd rather study a martial art that people don't make for thier punch line of some joke. But hey, thats just me. If you like all that stuff I just said then SD is the m.a. for you.

[QUOTE=chiballsoffire;802537]
    Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post

So in addition to the short bus dropping you off here everyday (every, single godd*** day), your also completely self-centered.

Looks like we have something in common and yes I'm self-centered....it's part of my Baqua training...what's your excuse?

Guess what....no one's trying to get you and the other Sin The groupies to see the light. No one cares if you see the light.

I would have never guessed that

The only silver lining to interacting with you is the hope that new people investigating SD will discover (before their cultification) that there are any number of problems that remain unexplained.

Why do you care so much about something you no nothing about other than what you read on here? Also, who made you the manager of the martial arts world

From what you've previously said you stated you were an instructor in the SD internal program
    Yes I am and I care very much about my students...the're not taught any voodoo and no sacrifices to Wookie idols
    ......and this is how you spend your free time?
    I'm at work Dude...I'm on company time....what are you doing on here????
    That in and of itself is an indictment of at least the school where you teach.

Since you are on here, what does that say about you???
    BQ

jl;gadfternvueignerui

6. i thought he said he was done?

huh

Hey JP,
    I wonder if mkrii is the one who taught the wushu player on the National Geographic special some of our basic forms??? I also wonder why he used our forms instead of what he learned directly from them...since ours are sh!t??
    BQ

Do you believe everything that someone tells you? I lied. I'm not done. Oh wait, you do beleive everything people tell you because you believe GM Sin and his far fetched story of the lineage of his art coming from a man covered in hair. And how I Chang Meng had to flee the country for not spit shining a soldiers shoe and he killed the soldier and a bounty was put on his head. And when he got to this other country he had to disquise his kung fu so no one would know who he is. If you believe this story then I have some prime realistate down in South Florida I'd love to sell to you at a really good price.

Yeah, well look at your location......perm. state of denial. Thats for sure. That describes you to a tee. Your in denial about SD and how bad SD students are. But hey, if doing SD makes them feel good and gives SD students that sense of false security that they need then more power to them. Whatever floats your boat. I my self would rather learn a martial art that doesn't have so much skepticism surrounding it or an art that people don't make fun of. I'd rather study an art that people respect and won't snicker at. I'd rather study a martial art that people don't make for thier punch line of some joke. But hey, thats just me. If you like all that stuff I just said then SD is the m.a. for you.
    OK Mr. mkrii,
    You live in the same town as me....come and see me as a fellow MA....not a challenge to fight, but to touch hands...share a little knowledge.....we have students from our school who work out with students from your old school all the time...they don't laugh at us......come see for yourself how horrible & misleading I am........then you can come on here and tell everyone how my Tai Chi, Baqua, & Hsingi $ucks

846 grains of rice, you were one off. Guess your not excepted.
    Everyone has witnessed my poor spelling and grammar, I put it out there for the world to see it. Somehow it is still funny to watch a troll being so high and mighty making a grade school spelling mistake
    Dude, it should have been ACCEPTED
    Back to the schoolyard debate and name calling
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Baqualin....I have a serious question. The yang short form that you do does not look anything like what I have seen other people do as yang short form. Can you please explain where your form comes from and why it is different than all the other people that do yang short form.

Baqualin....I have a serious question. The yang short form that you do does not look anything like what I have seen other people do as yang short form. Can you please explain where your form comes from and why it is different than all the other people that do yang short form.
    It's not different (not really a Yang form either...it's a combination form). Have you seen me do it? It comes from PRC...it's the most common form done in China today
    Last edited by Baqualin; 10-04-2007 at 07:39 AM.

No but I have seen a few SD people do it and it looks totally different. They start out by going up on their toes as they raise their hands straight out in front of them and then bringing their hands down and then they have their hands in front of their chest as if holding a ball (right hand over left hand), then they turn to the left and press out with left hand while the right hand follows it. Then they go back to hold the ball in front of them and then they turn to the right and do the same thing as they did on the left side. I have never seen yang short form done like this. The guy that did this was a guy named Wilbur and he teaches tai chi at Pikeville College in Eastern Kentucky. He is real country acting and has a serious twang when he talks. He has about 5 students from the college that he teaches. He told me that he thinks he is the reincarnation of Hairy Man. He really believes this, I swear.

Baqualin,

mkriii is obviously a coward because he won't take your offer to trade hands, instead he'll steer the conversation to more bullsh!t like what's posted above. He talks a lot of smack but in the end, he's a weak snivelling coward who wont back up his taunts with a real show of mastery.

mkriii,

You are a coward who is afraid of Shaolin Do students, because you know they can kick your a$$!
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    - Aristotle

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

I lied.
    Glad to know it: You're a liar by your own admission. Go do push-ups over broken glass or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.