View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 522 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 224224725125205215225235245325726221022 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    so how about it Baqualin? PM me about how I can get in touch with you and we'll set a time and place to meet and trade hands as you call it.

uhh this is strange

i dont know who this Mkriii is and certainly do not know who chiballs of fire is. i have been reading and viewing the last few pages and am rolling my eyes and laughing at the same time.

As to the notion that SD'ers do not go to open tourneys outside their own, well that is simply not true. when I WAS a loyal Sd'er several of us went to an AAU sponsored kung fu tournament and took away some medals and i actually WON the Mens advanced sparring(hehe it wasnt anything special though because i won by default because the other guy decided that he wanted to strike at my throat,his dumb a$$ got disqualified right away). Anyway the sd'ers DO go to other tourneys,HOWEVER,it would be interesting to see if the SD'ers would go to tourneys like Taichi legacy and some of the big ones and show their stuff.

PEACE,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Anyway the sd'ers DO go to other tourneys,HOWEVER,it would be interesting to see if the SD'ers would go to tourneys like Taichi legacy and some of the big ones and show their stuff.
    I've thought abou it, but I'm always visiting family on my vacation time. Not enough time and too many obligations. If my daughter takes a liking to kung fu, then I would encourage her to participate in the larger tournaments. Then I'll show you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    so how about it Baqualin? PM me about how I can get in touch with you and we'll set a time and place to meet and trade hands as you call it.
    You got it......don't pay any attention to Chi Ball Head he's just a douche bag.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    I wonder if she did it with her pecs.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

What I said was very few SD students compete and that GM Sin frowns apon competing other than his tournaments. I have seen maybe 3 SD students during the many years that I used to compete on the NASKA circuit. Niether one of the three even placed in their forms division.

Next golden snake master? That is to funny. If she climbs a pole while bound then she can have the title of GM.

What I said was very few SD students compete and that GM Sin frowns apon competing other than his tournaments. I have seen maybe 3 SD students during the many years that I used to compete on the NASKA circuit. Niether one of the three even placed in their forms division.
    GM Sin really doesn't frown about that at all...you've been misinformed there.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    Everyone made fun of GMS about this and it turns out even a girl can do it.....I'm like JP, I want to see if she's using her pec's

You sound surprised that they placed.

ok i am making a pledge and a promise

and you all have it here in writing.

we all know how i feel about SD lineage and why i left, and i KNOW that there are a lot of good people at sd. i have regretted alot of my hostility in the past and i have posted to that many times here. but i will say right now that i do not wish to b!tch and moan any longer about it. it is bringing me down and giving me an ulcer.
    so from now on starting TODAY, i am going to refrain from posting my depressive dribble and try to actually contribute and objectively post opinions and thoughts regarding things here should i feel the need to do so.
    it is weird because reading mkriii's posts and actually feeling embarrased by them(dont ask me why, i just feel that way) it gives me an insight into how better i should conduct myself in a forum setting. plus i am getting older and i really shouldnt resort to white trash bickering. I still have my brand of pr!ckly humour that i know ill never go away(its just a part of who i am). i just want to get rid of the poor me i was duped and i am bitter about it,mentality.

my message to mkriii is "whatever you feel is a thorn in your side regarding SD and the lineage and history, PULL IT OUT." "You can still conduct yourself in a manner that is honorable to yourself and your fellow colleagues,regardless of what they study and what they buy into."

Peace,TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 10-04-2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: gol darn censors, why is pr!ckly censored,lol
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Why is it that I have not seen hardly any SD people compete? I competed both nationally and regionally. I've been to tournaments all over the country. I have been to Anthony Price's tournament in Cinci, The Bowling Green Classic, The Bluegrass Nationals in Louisville (may Ken Eubanks rest in peace, he was a great man), Capitol City Classic in D.C. , AKA Grand Nationals in Chicago, and many others and have only seen 2 SD people, maybe 3 SDers.

mkriii,

To answer your question about the Taiji short form, the form that SD does is indeed the PRC 24 move short form. The way I learned it when I was taking SD is very close to other performances of the 24 move form by 'reputable' sources like Liang Shou-Yu (excepting some minor stylistic differences).

What you describe seems to resemble the Yang "64 move" form taught by SD, AKA the Cheng Man Ching (Zheng ManQing) 37 move form. One can find YouTube clips of the form done by Cheng himself and others of high skill and compare the two.

I don't know whether the person you observed mixed up his forms, or combined the two in his mind or what....

There ya go...

BTW... does someone get a prize if they're the first person to post on the 500th page?

http://softanswertaichi.com/cheng-st...e-tai-chi.html

I assume this is the form you are referring to?
    This form looks good. I think I want to learn it. I'm serious.