View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 53 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455631031535531053 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

kung lek, sorry i did not mean to shot him i was talking about if i was to KNOW FOR SURE that someone had done what he is accused of to my daughter!!

and i do agree with you on the vilence on tv and in movies , I would much rather have them show a MATURE man and women in a loving and health relationship showing their love for each other,

but on no!! we could never have that on tv someone could be offended!! why who would ever want to teach the children of this country that a man and a women could have a mutual, safe, loving, and health relationship. why that just might not be any good, cause someone my look at their life and realize that they could be in an non-mutual,unsafe, non-loving and unhealth relationship and god forbid we make someone feel bad about their dum###a$$ choices that they have made in life,
    OH sorry i could have offended someone out there who could be and abusive , controlling, antisocial, a$$hole

sorry i guess between having a child and the things i have seen in my work i have strong feelings about that ....been around to many nuts, crazys, and druggies
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

I don't have a problem with people being protective of their children, or children in general.

It is the sad truth though that violence begets violence.

You cannot get back anything the way it was by commiting a violent or even criminal act yourself.

It is only revenge.

And according to the moral tenets in our Judeao-Christian society, revenge ain't ours.

People who get offended at love are only filled with hate. It is their voice that should be tempered. And we should also try to understand their hate so that we as a society may in some way fix that problem

They say equality for all under the law, but it ain't true when the mob rules any more than it's true when the commitee rules.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

kung lek? if i attack you with intend to do you bodiely harm will you not match my attack with intend to not allow the harm, even if that my cause me harm?

and in an attack of a sexual nature the harm goes much deeper than just the body ( i know people that have gone through this )
    we are not perfect we all are only( most of us anyway) trying to follow peacfull paths, i have walked away from many things that could have gotten ungly quick, have had to control everything from gown men 3x my size to children less than half my size who were totally out of control. i have left some of these events in near tears for the person i had to handle.
    I will say that some of these men , women , and children were victoms of such acks (sexual ) of sickness and they will suffer to the end of their days with what it has left them with.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

JP i know some school teach alittle defferent material requirment at each black belt rank, what were you tought for 1st to 2nd black ? myself it was tai chi 64, classical pakua, 4 black tigers, and 4 spear forms

kung lek? if i attack you with intend to do you bodiely harm will you not match my attack with intend to not allow the harm, even if that my cause me harm?
    I don't think I inferred that.

But, on a sunny day:

If I was attacked for no reason whatsoever, I would assume mental imbalance on the part of my attacker. I cannot presume to know the outcome of the event, but I would protect myself to the best of my ability while at the same time being mindful of not overkilling. If you were greater than I in skill and strength, then that would determine something of the outcome, if we were equals, that would determine something also, if you were weaker then I would do my best to restrain and contain you without bringing harm to you to the best of my abilities.

Rage, anger and hate only impede ones abilty to make a situation right and often only make the situation worse and spiral downward to the negative effect of all involved.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Originally posted by shen ku
    JP i know some school teach alittle defferent material requirment at each black belt rank, what were you tought for 1st to 2nd black ? myself it was tai chi 64, classical pakua, 4 black tigers, and 4 spear forms
    That's the same for me. I think some schools have Tang Lang Chien as a requirement as well. I don't know if that's in addition to the other ten or if they susbstitute a form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Originally posted by pedro_sanchez
    hello all. I am currently a moderator at another martial arts website. I greet you all respectfully. Just a brief background on my martial arts. I trained in boxing for quite a number of years, and I am currently a student of Shaolin 5 animals, Jeet Kune Do and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu.

On the other website, we have had more than a couple of run-ins with the Shaolin-do goof troop. They have been nothing more than trolls who contributed nothing to our website. They claim, until they are blue in the face that they are Shaolin. Even thought they wear Japanese Uniforms, use the belt ranking system and use Japanese terms for thier techniques. Through some great research from one of our other moderators, we have managed to find a website with some video clips of Shaolin-do training. The videos were all sped up to make it look like they had superhuman speed. A pretty lame attempt at that. They would even speed up a very badly coreographed "sparring" session. The members of Shaolin-do were so disrespectful and so not like a student of Shaolin. They call themselves senior students but act more like pre school children. The resorted to poking fun at another moderator whose 1st language wasn't english. The made fun of his grammar and spelling. When in fact there was nothing wrong with his grammar. The Shaolin-do students were just being petty.

My wish is not to start a new stay on this forum on a negative note, but I have had more than a few run-ins with these clowns. When I saw a thread about them here, I was surprised.
    Bull crap! Your so called moderator was horrible. He started posting profanities and I asked him if he kissed his mother with that mouth and he banned me because "I talk bad about his mamma" I tried to explain what that saying meant and went round and round. It was the funniest thing I had read in a long time. I would ask you to post the link to the thread but the threads were deleted to cover the tracks of your shoddy moderator. Heck, even MK was present in this thread and he agreed with me.

Nothing wrong with his grammar? Ok .. that’s a good one. The boy was moderating a forum in English and didn’t understand some basics concepts of our language. He threw insults around all over the place and when questioned he went off banning people.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Originally posted by themeecer
    MK was present in this thread and he agreed with me.
    meecer is correct. I quit going there because of that.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 01-29-2005 at 11:47 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by BM2
    Have to say I admire the way you haven't let mk get too much under your skin. themeecer would be proud
    Hmmm ... not sure how to take this. hehe

Hey ... someone PM me on the tai chi 37/64 numbering. I was reviewing my notes and comparing it to ones from a manual put out by the Soards and I can't reconcile some of the moves to the names.
    Last edited by themeecer; 01-29-2005 at 01:23 PM.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab

Just buy a copy of Cheng Man Ching's "13 Treatises on Tai Chi"... it's got the form in the back of the book... posture by posture... but it doesn't show you how to link the motions...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

How is it that a martial art which claims to have come directly from the Fukien Shaolin Temple teaches a form which was created by Cheng Man Ching in Taiwan not so many years ago? Does Sin The claim to have studied with master Cheng or one of his students? Or did he learn the form from one of Cheng's books?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    For example, I have a tiny hole in my diagphragm,
    Question is .. did you poke the hole in it on purpose? Just so you can get the poor fool who impregnates you to marry you?
    -shaolinarab

JP master grooms had that at his school ( from his mouth to my ears ) when i spoke with him on the trip back from china

in the new dvds that are out master sin states that the (as we call it anyway) tai chi 24 was created as others on here have said , never really said when he got it

hello themeecer havn't seen you in a while every thing going good i hope

shen ku, it is going awesome! Life couldn't be better. Thanks for asking. How about you?
    -shaolinarab