View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 536 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 364364865265345355365375385465866361036 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Blog Entries
    If there were 300 forms by 6th, then why is there less than 200 listed up to 5th black?if you look at the masters certificates they have less than 200 also.

part dos

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I don't have the characters for the set, but the romanization I have for the form is Tung Tze Chang Chien
    I think the name might be a bit generic using that because most Tong Zi sets I've found are the Shaolin Tong Zi Gong & that ain't it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t73DTMVBNqo

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I'll be interested if you can find an example of the same form. I'm sure its out there somewhere.
    I got turned onto a series earlier called Juvenile Chang Quan but I'm not dishing the cash out for them, possible hits or not. If it were CLF... maybe. But not Chang Quan.
    Last edited by sean_stonehart; 10-18-2007 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spelling... might talk like it but grammer ain't it...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

If there were 300 forms by 6th, then why is there less than 200 listed up to 5th black?if you look at the masters certificates they have less than 200 also.
    Good question. The Master Certificates were designed and printed in Atlanta, based on the information on the chart that GMT wrote out a few years earlier outlining the material up to 5th Black. On that list at least 3 of the Drunken Immortals have still not been taught. When the Soards were telling Master Grooms the bit about the 300 forms there were no Master Certificates to look at, nor was there a list of requirements from 5th to 6th. So, to answer your question there were never 300 forms required for 6th Black.

I got turned onto a series earlier called Juvenile Chang Quan but I'm not dishing the cash out for them, possible hits or not. If it were CLF... maybe. But not Chang Quan.
    Is this the series?
    http://www.xinxingshop.us/product_67.html

Yup tht's it
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Atlanta is the only group, that I know of, that refers to the the forms Lien U Chang and Chie Chien as 'China Hand'. Anyone from the ATL group know why its called that down there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

7. i learned them as part of the whirling palm system

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    I've noticed that everyone here seems to talk about GMS but know one ever talks about his brother who is now a grandmaster of Central Shaolin Martial Arts. What I find interesting is that know where on either ones web site do you see them mention the other. Not even in the history section of thier site where you would expect to see a little something mentioned. The two of them taught together for what, ten years or more? Kind of strange to me. Must of been one hell of an arguement between the two to not even recognize each other. Talk about a family fued. Who can tell me something about GM Hwang The' and his Central Shaolin Martial Art?

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    I've noticed that everyone here seems to talk about GMS but know one ever talks about his brother who is now a grandmaster of Central Shaolin Martial Arts. What I find interesting is that know where on either ones web site do you see them mention the other. Not even in the history section of thier site where you would expect to see a little something mentioned. The two of them taught together for what, ten years or more? Kind of strange to me. Must of been one hell of an arguement between the two to not even recognize each other. Talk about a family fued. Who can tell me something about GM Hwang The' and his Central Shaolin Martial Art?
    Whatever happened is between the brothers. All we could do is speculate and guess, and I'd rather focus my energy elsewhere.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

OTD......I know the history of my school, the true history. Do you know yours? I mean the true history? I seriously doubt it. Besides, to quote Jack Nicholson....You can't handle the truth. Do you know all about the self promoting? Do you know the history of violent attacks on other schools instructors at tournaments? Are you really learning Chinese kung fu? Or are you learning a little bit of hodge podge from here and there? Most of you Shaolin Do guys have been brainwashed to believe everything that you all are told. Most of you are Sin The' cool aid drinkers. I understand it's not your fault, you've been brainwashed so I'll overlook it. You have cuaght me on a bad day so don't start with me OTD.
    Last edited by mkriii; 10-19-2007 at 08:22 AM. Reason: typo

Judge......I don't really care what the fight between the two were about. It's not our business, I am curious though. My main reason for posting was that I just thought it was interesting that the two brothers don't mention a word of the other on thier web sites. You would think that as long as they were together that you would find some mention of them under the history section of their web sites.

OTD....How much trolling can a troll troll in SD? Answer me that!!! Bet you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    OTD....How much trolling can a troll troll in SD? Answer me that!!! Bet you can't.

Eh, right now your troll count is 131 posts.

14. mkrii

you are starting a school .....are you the grandmaster? or do you have one that will visit and train your students? or is he just a picture on the wall?

whatever you people want to say i get to train with my grandmaster multiple times each year.

ive seen his body mechanics and his conditioning. ive seen his power and explosiveness.

i am not brainwashed. i have seen it.

the brothers split for various reasons that are nobodies business but the brothers and the senior masters in the art who were there.

Kungfujunky.......No I'm not the grandmaster. My teacher is in Boston but I get to train with him about every other month. He is not a Grandmaster either. I do get to train with our Grandmaster though. Our Grandmaster lives about 4 hours away from where I live (Lexington Ky). He does not teach B.S. like some teachers or grandmasters do. He is a very smart man. He holds college dgrees in 7 different fields, he is a doctor, and a practicing pharmacist. Not only is he smart school wise but also martial art wise as well.