View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 586 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 864865365765845855865875885966366861086 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    meaning the martial applications and intent were removed for teaching the masses.
    I hate to do this....... but.....

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Demilitarized

Quote Originally Posted by shaolindoiscool View Post
    this is how it was implied from my point of view ... to me it seemed like i was told/read that the shaolin temple gave it to gmt to honor him ... not that sd students bought it to honor him. there were some top monks there though suxi and deyang they are 2 people i would love to meet no chane to meet suxi now though rip ...

best

bruce
    That is the implied message.

I guess Shaolin gave the TKD peeps on the front of the row of steles theirs too...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

deleted because I won't be around to argue my points... I'm sure someone else will see the same things I did though.
    Last edited by B-Rad; 12-19-2007 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    TTM - Yes, for modern wushu - the Taolu practice - this is true. But ity is not true of the vast amount of TCMA still found in the PRC, Hong Hong, Taiwan, etc.

There is overwhelming evidence that a.) SD does not look different because it is the 'old, combat version.' - not true. The old fighting versions of many of the styles SD claim exist still in China - and the 'real, old fighting methods' - do not resemble the SD methods.

I'd agree they are 'SD' versions of these things, but it the lie that the SD version is the 'better' 'old combat style' that 'does not exist anymore in China' is woefully ignorant.

The SD version is certainly unique, I'll give it that. But anything good in the style is given a black mark by such obvious lies.

Although, to be fair - I'll point out, this particular lie (CMA not existing in China) is a common one among teachers from Indonesia/Malaysia.
    So this is a lie that is taught? You know a lie is something told that is inacurate to deceive someone , right?? Do think that intent is there to deceive people??You think that we are perpetuating a lie or is it just mistaken information??

So SD is not doing the old fightng styles?/ Where in China are these people , because from what I understand they do not exist there anymore?? If this is inacurate please show me where .

Are you in the Moo Quan group as well?/

Please answer why you said that SD resembles other CMA that you have seen in Indo. Thanks
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 12-19-2007 at 12:45 PM.

Huh??

Quote Originally Posted by SDJerry View Post
    I hate to do this....... but.....

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Demilitarized
    Yeah, it was used as a verb meaning to remove offensive capabilities from . Meaning they removed the martial intent and the martial skills to make it ineffective as a martial art but it could still be used as exercise .

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    That is the implied message.

I guess Shaolin gave the TKD peeps on the front of the row of steles theirs too...
    Hey Sean, My friend from CLF is going to be teaching me a weapon form this next week . He told me I can pick one to learn . I was interested in a spear or broadsword form . Can you suggest one for me??

TTM Said:
    So this is a lie that is taught? You know a lie is something told that is inacurate to deceive someone , right?? Do think that intent is there to deceive people??You think that we are perpetuating a lie or is it just mistaken information??

REPLY: When you look at the number of falsehoods specifically used by SD to propogate itself and make SD seem special and unique, and explain away why it does not resemble the EXISTING styles it claims, you can only assume stupidity or willing deception.

I'm choosing willing deception. I could be wrong. But the back edal on the Stelle sure shows a willingness to lie and deceive that colors everything SD does.

TTM said:
    So SD is not doing the old fightng styles?

REPLY: No, SD is not doimg the 'old fightng styles.'

TTM Said:
    / Where in China are these people , because from what I understand they do not exist there anymore?? If this is inacurate please show me where .

Reply: You can't spit in China and not find authentic methods. Modern wushu is everywhere, and some even crosstrain as Modern wushu is like baseball here. Honestly, if you are too thick to do a little research, I can't help you.

TTM Said:

Reply:
    You mean John C Kim? Hah! Those guys are complete tools with a made up lineage and bogus versions of real arts. On the other hand, I DON'T think that many of the SD folks are complete tools. The jury is out on you, though

JCK makes you guys look good.

TTM Said:
    Please answer why you said that SD resembles other CMA that you have seen in Indo. Thanks

REPLY:
    I've already answered this earlier.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Sd may or may not resemble the "old" styles but due to nature of the physical and abilities of the teacher the mode of execution can change, That does not make it fake or not TCMA just different. No one can disprove the Origins of SD. so that said and similarities to the physical movements of the so called TCMA forms i will say that the biomechanics of SD are sound and effective. I can use my stuff and others can too. It may not look the same but it is still TCMA.
    Answer me this why do vegetarians or vegans eat fake meat that tastes like chucken. ??? If they are vegans. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

TTM Said:

REPLY: When you look at the number of falsehoods specifically used by SD to propogate itself and make SD seem special and unique, and explain away why it does not resemble the EXISTING styles it claims, you can only assume stupidity or willing deception.

I'm choosing willing deception. I could be wrong. But the back edal on the Stelle sure shows a willingness to lie and deceive that colors everything SD does.

TTM response.So you believe that it was their willful intent to deceive people?? Don't you see that most TMA schools do this as well?? So , you think we should throw the baby out with the dirty water??

TTM said:
    So SD is not doing the old fightng styles?

REPLY: No, SD is not doimg the 'old fightng styles.'
    TTM Response. How do you know this for sure?? What facts do you have to prove otherwise??

TTM Said:
    / Where in China are these people , because from what I understand they do not exist there anymore?? If this is inacurate please show me where .

Reply: You can't spit in China and not find authentic methods. Modern wushu is everywhere, and some even crosstrain as Modern wushu is like baseball here. Honestly, if you are too thick to do a little research, I can't help you.

TTM Response. Maybe now more so then back then.I have looked but it appears that everyone says they teach TCMA but do not. Just point me in the direction of two schools that do , thanks.

TTM Said:

Reply:
    You mean John C Kim? Hah! Those guys are complete tools with a made up lineage and bogus versions of real arts. On the other hand, I DON'T think that many of the SD folks are complete tools. The jury is out on you, though

JCK makes you guys look good.

TTM Response. I asked because there is someone that goes by the same name as you , that is all.
    TTM Said:

REPLY:
    I've already answered this earlier.

TTM Response. Where??

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Sd may or may not resemble the "old" styles but due to nature of the physical and abilities of the teacher the mode of execution can change, That does not make it fake or not TCMA just different. No one can disprove the Origins of SD. so that said and similarities to the physical movements of the so called TCMA forms i will say that the biomechanics of SD are sound and effective. I can use my stuff and others can too. It may not look the same but it is still TCMA.
    Answer me this why do vegetarians or vegans eat fake meat that tastes like chucken. ??? If they are vegans. KC
    Good points. In my experience most CMA guys have to work really hard to use and make their material work in sparring aand fighting.I have not had this problem with SD.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post

So SD is not doing the old fightng styles?/ Where in China are these people , because from what I understand they do not exist there anymore?? If this is inacurate please show me where .

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lie

If the intent about the stele story was not to create a false impression, surely it would have been corrected by now. It is a tremendous honor that the students paid for it and describing it correctly would have merit to new and old students alike.

On this website, you have claimed that you earned a 4th degree black belt in SD. Your website has previously claimed you have a 4th degree black belt in Shaolin, now it says you have a 4th degree black belt in The Way of Shaolin. The whole point of a self awarded belt is to create a false impression and by definition that makes it a lie.

Google:
    Li Tai liang - in Taigu village

Henry Poo Yee - Jook Lum Mantis

Wai Lun Choi (now in Chicago Liu Ho Pa Fa)

Ng Family Martial arts - also in Chicago

Zhong Luo - in SF - right off the boat from the PRC.

Hit up- the Tang Shou Tao boys - they'll be your huckleberry - out of Taiwan.

Or ANY of the Combat Shuai Chiao teachers from Taiwan.

Try the Chen village

or the Wu family in Cang county

Or ANY of CLC's Bak Mei students in Hong Kong and Futshan.

Or Any of Chan Yik Yan's Liu Ho Pa Fa fighters in the PRC

I can go on for pages. NPM, Tong Bei, BaJi, Xingyi, Xinyi, SanPaoChuan, BaGuaZhang - lot's of real kung fu in the PRC.

Are there frauds there too? Yes. Are there less competent folks there? You bet.

If you really think they can't fight, there are plenty of guys who will let you try. Good luck with that.
    www.kungnation.com

BUt you avoid the point. SD advertises that they teach the 'original combat versions', arts 'preserved in a university like setting' - yet there are clear and obvious differences - differences that often show the difference from being 'in the gate' and 'outside the gate'.

Then there is the official SD position of, let's say missing the truth.

I could say I know Ballet, and my ballet 'works' for me, so it is 'authentic' for me, but it does not make it ballet.
    www.kungnation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post

On this website, you have claimed that you earned a 4th degree black belt in SD. Your website has previously claimed you have a 4th degree black belt in Shaolin, now it says you have a 4th degree black belt in The Way of Shaolin. The whole point of a self awarded belt is to create a false impression and by definition that makes it a lie.
    Actually, I never said I received my 4th in SD. I learned all the material through 6th.

I clarified it in my website so as to not confuse anyone. I have set up a rank system for my school and what is expected of each student including myself. Including time , effort and requirements.

You are more than welcome to come an test as to whether I deserve it or not.

I have found that you are just a troll trying to stir SH!T up for no reason. How do I know this?? Because you have not come out with where you know me from and to how it is you come about your info in regards to my life .

Now I will ask again, who are you??

I believe that you are just a coward and hide behind the name of woof , you are just that, all bark and no bite.

B!TCH

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    Google:
    Li Tai liang - in Taigu village

Henry Poo Yee - Jook Lum Mantis

Wai Lun Choi (now in Chicago Liu Ho Pa Fa)

Ng Family Martial arts - also in Chicago

Zhong Luo - in SF - right off the boat from the PRC.

Hit up- the Tang Shou Tao boys - they'll be your huckleberry - out of Taiwan.

Or ANY of the Combat Shuai Chiao teachers from Taiwan.

Try the Chen village

or the Wu family in Cang county

Or ANY of CLC's Bak Mei students in Hong Kong and Futshan.

Or Any of Chan Yik Yan's Liu Ho Pa Fa fighters in the PRC

I can go on for pages. NPM, Tong Bei, BaJi, Xingyi, Xinyi, SanPaoChuan, BaGuaZhang - lot's of real kung fu in the PRC.

Are there frauds there too? Yes. Are there less competent folks there? You bet.

If you really think they can't fight, there are plenty of guys who will let you try. Good luck with that.
    That wasn't to hard ,now was it? Any websites for these people??
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 12-19-2007 at 03:32 PM.