View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 61 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263711111615611061 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

why don't you compete in san shou or some other full contact tournament.

Talking

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    why don't you compete in san shou or some other full contact tournament.
    I think he's including those too because you can't rip the other dudes arm out of socket and stuff it down his throat backwards while breaking his knee. Plus other dude isn't trying to do the same to you, literally. Figuratively maybe.

Another thing serene_dragon, training to tournament spar trains you to be light on your feet and mobile. How does that not help you in a street fight?

-Will

sigh

practice to do beter in tourn. then you are practicing something that in a real situation will get you hurt, or your shortcutting your katas to the point that you are loosing the techn. that are there. I find my time is beter spent studying my mat. and getting together with freinds and colleagues to practice.
    sigh
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

i was going to reply, but....

*sigh*
    MTV-Get Off The Air-Now

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Yeah, but it's 35+. So, for the next 3 years, I have to lose to 20 year olds.
    Plan: Go and watch and train for the next 5 years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

You know, they have paramedics on site at Taiji Legacy for a reason...I've seen shoulders and elbows dislocated from throws off the platform. If that's not real enough for you, perhaps you are Batman.

Honestly, Serene Dragon, peer review is essential in any field. Why not get out there and practice with other martial artists that study other styles? There's no reason not to if the opportunities are available.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

But, the Battle of Atlanta has a Division for Men 30-39. There's a thought. . . . I wonder if my knee will be ok by then. . . .

How much do you weigh, MK?

Between 175 and 178, depending on how many Dr. Pepper's I've had during the week.

Dam n. We would be in a different weight class. I'm at 190 now, but should be down to 180 by October.

The fastest way to find out about someone is to put forth a closed minded remark and observe the response.

Im not at all closed minded as I have let on, I have taken other styles untill i found the one that best works for me. I do enjoy tourn. I try to go at least once or twice a year (if time and money permits) I do agree there is alot you can get out of a tourn. (especially open)
    and everyone had a good point to make on this topic. The bigger the variety the more educational the experience is the way I really feel.

Which brings me to the point that I would like to make, there is no one perfect style for everyone. The Style I am in is right for me, but it may not be right for starchaser, MK, or some of you other guys, and what works for you may not work for me.

So why do some of you guys feel the need to put down other systems/styles? I personally think the variety of different systems is a good thing.

(all the sighs was humorous)

Originally posted by serene_dragon
    The fastest way to find out about someone is to put forth a closed minded remark and observe the response.
    Manipulative, fancy that.

Once again another reason why you can't believe 100% of what anyone tells you online unless you've met them in person know how to judge them.

-Will

Originally posted by wdl
    Manipulative, fancy that.

Once again another reason why you can't believe 100% of what anyone tells you online unless you've met them in person know how to judge them or they come with good references.

-Will

I sighed too when I read your post because it was a stupid post. Glad to know you have more sense about you, but I'll never pay attention to anything you post here for fear of being misled.

As far as putting down systems and styles, some people here are just plain arses. Others put down a style because of the ridiculous things said about it. That's why you should always think carefully about how you represent yourself. It reflects on your teachers whether you want it to or not.